HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Let's be honest for a minute

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2006, 12:06 AM
ShuttFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81
I know that once in the playoffs everything can happen but still our current lineup is without a doubt the worst who made it in the east.

I would say that this team almost never played 60 minutes all season.
They were dominated in about 90% of the games and it's probably an understatement.

The defense is average, the offense below average and without Bégin there is a serious lack of intensity.

Don't get me wrong I still hope they win but I don't think they're in the same league than the Canes, Sens end Devils.

There are some promises for the future but the 25th is not for this year guys.

That being said I'm ready for an upset
Sens, Canes, Devils, and Sabres finished where they deserved to be - 1, 2, 3, 4. That is the one stanza you got almost right. ANYTHING can happen. Damn lockout year, how soon they forget.

Old
04-19-2006, 04:00 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
TheDamned is sorta like Don Cherry. He's there for entertainment purposes... you don't want people knowing he cheers for your team, and you learn to ignore him. He and Kovalev10 are the co-founders of the HFATHO.... Habs Fans Against the Habs Organization.

Old
04-19-2006, 06:05 AM
habgab

The goal for the Canadiens this year was to make the playoffs, according to Gainey. They did that. These guys don't expect to win the Stanley Cup. That is no reason to stop cheering and hoping for the best, but I think you should appreciate the team for what it is.

Take last night for example. It didn't take long for the posts to go from "awesome game" to "they choked". I don't think they choked - they were outplayed by a better team and, as much as you may hate to admit it, there are a lot of better teams this year.

The good news is that there are lots of talented players in the organization, and it won't be long before the team is a real Stanley Cup contender. The development and growth of a few players, some good coaching and maybe a couple of trades, and you will have a team that is ready to take it all.

So, appreciate the guys for the talents that they have. I hope they go all the way, but I seriously doubt they will get past the first round. Don't say they choked or so and so sucks, but accept that this is a team that is growing and get ready for next year.

Good luck to the Habs in the playoffs.

Old
04-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Ubiyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
TheDamned is sorta like Don Cherry. He's there for entertainment purposes... you don't want people knowing he cheers for your team, and you learn to ignore him. He and Kovalev10 are the co-founders of the HFATHO.... Habs Fans Against the Habs Organization.

Old
04-19-2006, 06:55 AM
mcphee

So, if they win you can be happy and when they lose you can be right. The team is what it is, it's grown, for the most part comes to work every night, sometimes it gets 'out talented', so they don't win by a lot often ? They shored up a lineup this year, broke in some good young players, and may not win a cup. Why spoil the fun ? The series starts 0-0 and if they get it going, great, if they don't, you prepare for next year. I don't get your point.

Old
04-19-2006, 07:03 AM
BLONG7

Too much drama on these boards after a loss or a win...just relax guys, maybe being shown last night that 60 minutes is the only way to beat certain teams is a good thing. Now it's up to BG and Carbo to show these guys that their effort in the playoffs cannot take a shift off. I think they will put on a good show vs the Canes, forget the reg. season mumbers, it's a new season starting Saturday in Carolina.

Old
04-19-2006, 07:06 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Too much drama on these boards after a loss or a win...just relax guys, maybe being shown last night that 60 minutes is the only way to beat certain teams is a good thing. Now it's up to BG and Carbo to show these guys that their effort in the playoffs cannot take a shift off. I think they will put on a good show vs the Canes, forget the reg. season mumbers, it's a new season starting Saturday in Carolina.
Yup, and Carolina has been struggling, while in our last 20 games or so we have played really well.

Sure we have lost our share recently but we lost to teams that looked fantastic. I have no problem with that. If we lose to a better team, then we lose.

But honestly Carolina doesn't scare me. If they had Cole they would but without him I'm not scared. Maybe we'll get blown out, but I doubt it. We are playing good hockey. Carolina isn't physically intimidating, they are a hockey team - and we have been playing good hockey lately.

I'm actually looking forward to it.

Cap

Old
04-19-2006, 07:12 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
Yup, and Carolina has been struggling, while in our last 20 games or so we have played really well.

Sure we have lost our share recently but we lost to teams that looked fantastic. I have no problem with that. If we lose to a better team, then we lose.

But honestly Carolina doesn't scare me. If they had Cole they would but without him I'm not scared. Maybe we'll get blown out, but I doubt it. We are playing good hockey. Carolina isn't physically intimidating, they are a hockey team - and we have been playing good hockey lately.

I'm actually looking forward to it.

Cap
Exactly, now the fun starts. Hey, they finished in 7th because they're about the 7th best. They can get on a roll, why not, time to enjoy it.

Old
04-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Exactly, now the fun starts. Hey, they finished in 7th because they're about the 7th best. They can get on a roll, why not, time to enjoy it.
This is what it's all about!!!

Anything can happen boys...you have to believe. If you don't think our mood affects our players then you're mistaken. I believe in my heart that we can do something now that we're in.

We have played some inspired hockey down the stretch. If I was Carolina, I'd be shaking in my boots.

Here we come...

Cap

Old
04-19-2006, 08:21 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81
You say we have many great players but I disagree , we have good to decent players. I'm unimpressed mainly because this team has not been convincing in many wins this season. I'm unimpressed because I have seen so many other great teams completely outplaying us this season. I reserve my detailed explanations for after the playoffs run

Anyway the playoffs are a different season and I guess everything can happen now.
It's not yet the time for a full and complete postmortem.
If you were expecting a contender, then you have every right to be unimpressed. If you expected a 6th to 8th place team with about 95 points (like I did) then you have no right to complain.

It's all about expectations. It was a difficult year, but they still ended up where most thought they would. So why complain?

Old
04-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
If you were expecting a contender, then you have every right to be unimpressed. If you expected a 6th to 8th place team with about 95 points (like I did) then you have no right to complain.

It's all about expectations. It was a difficult year, but they still ended up where most thought they would. So why complain?
People are just never satisfied I guess...just be there to support the boys in the playoffs. We make a difference.

Cap

Closed Thread