HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 1 Starter...

View Poll Results: Who's in net?
Huet 99 81.82%
Aebischer 22 18.18%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2006, 10:47 AM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Saturday.
thanks

GO HABS GO

Old
04-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Who will it be? Who do you want to play in Game 1?

I think you have to go with Huet. He led the team to the playoffs, his numbers have been amazing, he has played with confidence and the team has fed off that confidence and played great as well. Aebischer is a great goalie, don't get me wrong, but he hasn't exactly played solid since coming over to Montreal. Beside the 2 games he played against Ottawa, nothing really stands out.
This whole pile of crap about needing a goalie with playoff experience to win is starting to bother me. Out of the 16 playoff teams, there is about 5 teams whos starting goalie has any playoff experience....the rest are coming in blind and IMO, thats not a bad thing. Its a team game and the team has to win as one unit, not rely on the goalie to bail them out every game like we used to do with Theodore until he started to fall apart. We have a better team then we had in the playoffs a few years ago, so we shouldn't have to rely on outstanding goaltending to win us the games.

Old
04-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
I don't need to use stats, I've seen 80 of the Habs 82 games this year. IMO Huet has looked the shakier (is that a word?) of the two and less confident then he was earlier in the year. I have no problem with Gainey starting Huet but I just think he will start Aebi. I hope everyone is prepared if that happens.
You should use the stats, because they are what tells the tale!! You think Huet has looked shaky in his last few starts, thats BULL. He might have looked shaky, but he certainly hasn't been shaky (36 saves last night). Its a little different when your team is playing in front of you and when they're not. Lately, the Habs have lost some easy games because of lack of disipline, not dressing their A lineup and poor decisions on some of the defencemen's part. I would look shaky too if the team in front of me stopped playing the way they normally do and I started to get more scoring chances on me!!!
Huet doesn't deserve any of the blame in his last 2 or 3 losses.

Old
04-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58
You should use the stats, because they are what tells the tale!! You think Huet has looked shaky in his last few starts, thats BULL. He might have looked shaky, but he certainly hasn't been shaky (36 saves last night). Its a little different when your team is playing in front of you and when they're not. Lately, the Habs have lost some easy games because of lack of disipline, not dressing their A lineup and poor decisions on some of the defencemen's part. I would look shaky too if the team in front of me stopped playing the way they normally do and I started to get more scoring chances on me!!!
Huet doesn't deserve any of the blame in his last 2 or 3 losses.
Is Gainey going to use stats when determining who he's going to play? I seriously doubt it. Neither goalie is Vezina material and I think people need to realize that about Huet. He's good but not great. Same with Aebi.

Old
04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
x96mnn

First off I would like
I am very happy the Habs made the playoffs!! ( I work with a lot of leafs fans...I am the guy in the TV commercial working with all the monkeys )

I was happy with the Jose trade thinking that it was a dump in salary setting us up for some good acquisitions in the off season. Huet was playing well to which we had a chance to make the play offs and Jose would do little more to help that cause.

When Gainey started to play Abey I became very concerned on its effect on the team. I felt Montreal became a good contender through the stretch with Huet in nets but seem to see the team chemistry fall apart while Gainey experimented or tried to make his trade more justifiable.

Now I feel Montreal is more of a first round conversation piece in which over the next month Gainey will be questioned on his decision to play abey and what could have been.

If Gainey starts Huet in the first round he may revive his team but at the same time I think the damage is done.

Teams win cups but I have watched a goalie or two steal a series.

Old
04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Does that change the fact that he hasn't looked good the last two weeks?

so you replace huet with a guy who has never looked good at all?

Old
04-19-2006, 09:50 PM
nashnaidoo

I'd play Huet since he got ya there in fine style, but I suspect that Gainey will go with Aebischer.

Old
04-19-2006, 10:47 PM
NBHABSFAN

I think Huet will start. Carolina have not see him yet. Based on his game 1 performance will determine if he starts game 2 or not.

Closed Thread