HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 hours of waiting for nothing....

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Chfan
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
4 hours of waiting for nothing....

*** was this bracelet system.... Its not the 4 hours that really pissed me off but I mean some people just came like at 1 and just sneaked in and got tickets... Me and my friend we were there at 9.am. At 10 they seperated us in little groups for about 5 minutes then we waited an 55 mins stading up doing nothing. At 11, they were starting to make little groups out of the big ones for like 5 and again another 55 minutes of waiting. Then finally at 12 the tickets started to get sold, but they we're calling people by the numbers of the bracelet , from 0 to 800 +. There was no "tirage" or anything, they just started at 0 and some people that went to take the bracelets the same morning got some before those who went to downtown yesterday just for that freakin bracelet....

Anyways, something is just wrong with this bracelet thing..

Old
04-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Buy season tickets or a ticket plan next time.

Old
04-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan
*** was this bracelet system.... Its not the 4 hours that really pissed me off but I mean some people just came like at 1 and just sneaked in and got tickets... Me and my friend we were there at 9.am. At 10 they seperated us in little groups for about 5 minutes then we waited an 55 mins stading up doing nothing. At 11, they were starting to make little groups out of the big ones for like 5 and again another 55 minutes of waiting. Then finally at 12 the tickets started to get sold, but they we're calling people by the numbers of the bracelet , from 0 to 800 +. There was no "tirage" or anything, they just started at 0 and some people that went to take the bracelets the same morning got some before those who went to downtown yesterday just for that freakin bracelet....

They do it on purpose. They don't want people coming hours before the time.

Old
04-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
I told you guys they did it for Madonna and most people were angry about it , you will see Habs tickets on ebay for sure anyways...

Old
04-19-2006, 02:57 PM
DicAnns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Buy season tickets or a ticket plan next time.
do you know what's the minimum number of games you need to have as a ticket plan to have access to the presale?

Old
04-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Scalpers

It's all about Scalpers

Old
04-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
The whole bracelet system is ridiculous. Waiting outside separates the fair-weathered fans from the hardcore fans. I say if you're hardcore enough to sleep over night at the box office, you deserve tickets, not somebody who watches 2 games a year and got a lucky number.

Maybe they could cut down on scalpers if they actually had police working around the Bell Centre? Confiscate their tickets and sell them at the box office.

Old
04-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Habsruleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73
do you know what's the minimum number of games you need to have as a ticket plan to have access to the presale?
I got a presale code for a 6 game package. Did anyone buy a smaller package and got one?

Old
04-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
The whole bracelet system is ridiculous. Waiting outside separates the fair-weathered fans from the hardcore fans. I say if you're hardcore enough to sleep over night at the box office, you deserve tickets, not somebody who watches 2 games a year and got a lucky number.

Maybe they could cut down on scalpers if they actually had police working around the Bell Centre? Confiscate their tickets and sell them at the box office.
No, it separate the scalpers who just have that to do from ordinary people.

Old
04-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
No, it separate the scalpers who just have that to do from ordinary people.
I was under the impression scalping was illegal in Quebec, but after a short search I discovered it wasn't. Thus my plea to get more law enforcement to dissuade scalping wouldn't work.

Either way, I still find the bracelet system dumb.

Old
04-19-2006, 03:26 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
I was under the impression scalping was illegal in Quebec, but after a short search I discovered it wasn't. Thus my plea to get more law enforcement to dissuade scalping wouldn't work.

It is you are not allowed to re-sell the tickets. It says it on the back. But ebay and scalpers are the only hope for most people.

Old
04-19-2006, 03:27 PM
DicAnns

Quote:

back of the tickets from 04 says:

"This ticket or the rights represented by the hereby or arising herefrom may not be assigned, sold or transfered commercially or as part of a promotion, without the express written consent of the issuer and the producer"

If I understand this correctly, you can't scalp tickets.

Old
04-19-2006, 03:27 PM
DerekT

mjb45 and I went to an admissions office we thought would be out of the way enough to have a small line. We were 18th and 19th in line at 8 am. They also asked us to give our preference for what tickets we would like. They told us to come back at 11:45 and they would get us in order.

The process, as we were told, would be that one of their admissions people would be ordering our preferred tickets as fast as possible, and another one of their attendants would be working the cash.

That didn't happen at all!!!!

They had 1 rather slow girl working the whole thing, and they didn't try to speed up the process at all like they said. And 1 couple (the 11th person in line) held up the line for a good 10 minutes trying to decide which seats they wanted. Alot of people got quite angry. Needless to say, by the time 18 and 19 rolled around, the only thing left for games 1 and 2 were Club Desjardins tickets, and only red or better for game 3. It was terrible!

TERRIBLEEE!!!!

Thank Goodness for ebay.

Old
04-19-2006, 03:29 PM
SerialSeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan

No...

I was there and they drew number 51282 wich was like in the last 50

so after they got the people from that number to the last one.

They started at 50001 (I was # 50075)
Which is why when finally at twelve (which really is BS cause the people that make it to the Centre shoud get a head start.) they started getting people to the tellers.

in like 20 minutes there was nalmost nothing left when I got there I had to take blue tickets cause they only had singles in the whites.

Apparently there are only 2000 tickets available per game since all the other ones have been sold to season ticket holders and package onwers.

I was very lucky.

Last edited by SerialSeb: 04-19-2006 at 03:34 PM.
Old
04-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Thibaj

Just saw on ticketmaster that it is still easy to get face value tickets for games in Carolina...

Old
04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thibaj
Just saw on ticketmaster that it is still easy to get face value tickets for games in Carolina...

Ya it sure is. 2 tickets 90 bucks US each 10 rows up from the ice

Old
04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thibaj

Sens, too, according to their website...

Old
04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
Sens, too, according to their website...
I guess thats the downside to Montreal Playoff Hockey. I couldn't even imagine trying to get tickets to the Stanley Cup finals in a couple of months.

Old
04-19-2006, 04:04 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
How much do you think cup finals tickets in the reds would go for if you scalped them and what about blues?

Old
04-19-2006, 04:08 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR
How much do you think cup finals tickets in the reds would go for if you scalped them and what about blues?
Blues in the presale were going for 45ish and I have seen a pair of blues sell on ebay for over 250USD for only round 1. I could not imageine how much it would cost.

Old
04-19-2006, 04:10 PM
psychonaut

Its already on e-bay 162 one day to go, for section SECTION 324 ROW B, how much was this worth at tickets master?

Old
04-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR
The highest they were for the regular season this year was the last Saturday night game against Toronto - for Blues it was $100, so a little more that 300% mark-up.

I would guess Blues to be in the $500 range if it's for the Stanley Cup (probably even more!). They'll probably go for $150-$200 outside the Bell Center for Round 1 (the Friday game will be the most expensive).

Crazy stuff when you think about it.

Old
04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut
Its already on e-bay 162 one day to go, for section SECTION 324 ROW B, how much was this worth at tickets master?
Platinum $240.00
Prestige $200.00
Red A $165.00
Red B $140.00
Red C $130.00
Red D $120.00
Club Desjardins A $220.00
Club Desjardins B $170.00
White $74.00
Grey $43.00
Blue $35.00
Zone Molson Ex $33.00
Handicap $35.00

Your best bet on eBay would be to use buy it now.

Old
04-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninot
mjb45 and I went to an admissions office we thought would be out of the way enough to have a small line. We were 18th and 19th in line at 8 am. They also asked us to give our preference for what tickets we would like. They told us to come back at 11:45 and they would get us in order.

The process, as we were told, would be that one of their admissions people would be ordering our preferred tickets as fast as possible, and another one of their attendants would be working the cash.

That didn't happen at all!!!!

They had 1 rather slow girl working the whole thing, and they didn't try to speed up the process at all like they said. And 1 couple (the 11th person in line) held up the line for a good 10 minutes trying to decide which seats they wanted. Alot of people got quite angry. Needless to say, by the time 18 and 19 rolled around, the only thing left for games 1 and 2 were Club Desjardins tickets, and only red or better for game 3. It was terrible!

TERRIBLEEE!!!!

Thank Goodness for ebay.
and the woman didn't end up getting a single ticket!

Old
04-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
I just called 3 scalpers for fun to see prices.. lol

the cheapest blue ticket is 105$ for row C

Closed Thread