HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 hours of waiting for nothing....

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
how u get scalpers number?

Old
04-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
how u get scalpers number?

newspaper
www.ticketville.com

Old
04-19-2006, 04:23 PM
EBS111

is there a website besides ebay that would scalp tickets?

Old
04-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBS111
is there a website besides ebay that would scalp tickets?
There's a lot of them, but they're all 10x more expensive than Ebay.

Old
04-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan
*** was this bracelet system.... Its not the 4 hours that really pissed me off but I mean some people just came like at 1 and just sneaked in and got tickets... Me and my friend we were there at 9.am. At 10 they seperated us in little groups for about 5 minutes then we waited an 55 mins stading up doing nothing. At 11, they were starting to make little groups out of the big ones for like 5 and again another 55 minutes of waiting. Then finally at 12 the tickets started to get sold, but they we're calling people by the numbers of the bracelet , from 0 to 800 +. There was no "tirage" or anything, they just started at 0 and some people that went to take the bracelets the same morning got some before those who went to downtown yesterday just for that freakin bracelet....

Anyways, something is just wrong with this bracelet thing..

Hey do like me and watch the games from the comfort of your living room... cheaper beer and no line ups for the washrooms

GO HABS

Old
04-19-2006, 09:46 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan
Hey do like me and watch the games from the comfort of your living room... cheaper beer and no line ups for the washrooms

GO HABS
Even the bathroom lineups are a good for a laugh during the playoffs "ey tou'll monde, le niasieaux de boston la, y'a une petite penis".

Old
04-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Un HabitHuet*

Only the first person on the line managed to get Blue tickets. Everybody else had to do with Whites and Reds.

Thankfully, somebody sorted me out Grey tickets. *few*

Old
04-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan

GO HABS

I agree, thats what im gonna do

I'll probably have some ppl over in my basement, put a case or 2 of beer in the fridge, sit in front of the 65 inch screen with surround sound.

and we'll go crazy here!

Old
04-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
I agree, thats what im gonna do

I'll probably have some ppl over in my basement, put a case or 2 of beer in the fridge, sit in front of the 65 inch screen with surround sound.

and we'll go crazy here!
That's what I'm gonna do to... for games at Carolina only. Even tho it is fun to be at your friends at home, the atmosphere at the Bell Centre is at the Bell Centre in playoffs.

Old
04-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
The problem here is a simple problem of economics: the demand is higher than the supply for the product. So what do they do? They ration. What else could they do? They could raise the price to such a high level that only about 20000 people would be willing to buy for this price. There would be no lineups, no bizarre system, etc but you'd probably pay a few hundred bucks or more for tickets.

Old
04-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
The problem here is a simple problem of economics: the demand is higher than the supply for the product. So what do they do? They ration. What else could they do? They could raise the price to such a high level that only about 20000 people would be willing to buy for this price. There would be no lineups, no bizarre system, etc but you'd probably pay a few hundred bucks or more for tickets.
Yeah but can't they just like make people make a big line and who's the first that came will get the tickets first...

Old
04-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Kerberos*

Quote:
Yeah but can't they just like make people make a big line and who's the first that came will get the tickets first...
The problem with that is all the scalpers get to the front of the line, buy all tickets and then sell at the optimal market price or more. Consumers pay more, CH get less and scalpers pocket everything. Why not skip the middleman?

Old
04-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:

It comeback to the same thing except than you pay in time instead of in money. It's a system where most of the tickets end up in the scalpers hands. a lottery is much more fair and make eveerybody save time.

Old
04-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Kerberos*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
It comeback to the same thing except than you pay in time instead of in money. It's a system where most of the tickets end up in the scalpers hands. a lottery is much more fair and make eveerybody save time.
Great point too, I forgot to mention that aspect too.

Time=money

Old
04-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
and the woman didn't end up getting a single ticket!
I didn't get tickets for Round 1 this year but last time around against the Bruins I did the same thing at a Bay admission outlet, and there was the same sort of situation about to happen... luckily there were enough of us practically yelling at the couple to make up their minds that they just left after two minutes... I HATE people who are so self-possessed that they don't give a crap about anyone else and sit there going "Hmmmmmmmmmm can you find us something else in the Whites hmmmmmmmmmm ok now check for Reds hmmmmmmmmmm uhhhhhhhhh that's a lot go back to the Whites hmmmmmmm why aren't they the same ones we don't understand becuase we're complete idiots uhhhhhhhhhhhh how about blues"

Old
04-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Matrix

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly to Carolina instead and buy cheper tickets over there???

Closed Thread