HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Worrell to have surgery plus injury update

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 05:26 AM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Worrell to have surgery plus injury update

Granato just announced that Worrell is going to have arthroscopic knee surgery. He was getting better but kept regressing so they are going in to clean up the knee. He's out indeffinately.

Selanne won't skate in todays practice but Granato said he should play in one if not both of the back to back games this weekend.

Kariya is skating but they will hold him out of this weekend's games. Will likely play after that.

McAllister should start skating soon and be available.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Granato just announced that Worrell is going to have arthroscopic knee surgery. He was getting better but kept regressing so they are going in to clean up the knee. He's out indeffinately.

Selanne won't skate in todays practice but Granato said he should play in one if not both of the back to back games this weekend.

Kariya is skating but they will hold him out of this weekend's games. Will likely play after that.

McAllister should start skating soon and be available.
All I can say is that at least the Avs finally are being proactive with respect to Worrell's injury. Anybody have any thoughts on how long Worrell might be out after the scope. Usually an orthoscopic surgery to clean out the knee is a fairly simple procedure, and players have come back to play within 2-3 weeks.

That makes me think that the Avs still aren't being completely forthcoming regarding the nature of his knee injury. "Out indefinitely" sounds like several weeks or longer to me, so I wonder if in fact Worrell has ligament or tendon damage.

Anyone with inside medical knowledge care to theorize?

Old
10-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Great.

Old
10-31-2003, 01:16 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
He was getting better but kept regressing so they are going in to clean up the knee. He's out indeffinately.
Curious...how can one get better and regress at the same time?

Old
10-31-2003, 01:32 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
The imperitive word in that sentence is "kept". In other words, he would get better then regress. His knee would heal but never fully so. So getting "better" is referenced in this case as a relative word because "kept" implied the knee would reinjure. Hope that clears things up.

Old
10-31-2003, 01:35 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
All it takes is to tweak it a little during a skate. He may feel like it's ready to go, then 5 minutes later he can feel it come back. I hyperextended my elbow about a year ago....and I kind of went through a simliar situation. I'd rest it for a few days and it would start to feel great. Then when I'd go work out and one weird movement would make it shoot right back. I didn't need surgery, but then again, I don't play in the NHL. It's good the team decided to do this now, because it probably would've been an on-going thing for Worrell. Once he gets this surgery, he'll be able to recover to 100%.

Closed Thread