HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

If you hate the Wings...

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 05:56 PM
Gumballhead

vCash: 500
If you hate the Wings...

...I hope you watched their game against the Preds tonight. It wasn't so much that they lost, it was watching them completely lose their cool that was funny. Twice, immediately after Predator goals, a Wing started a fight. First Chelios, then Shanny, who actually sought out Adam Hall while the Preds were celebrating a goal and started tossing 'em -- classy. There were fights every few minutes towards the end. Yzerman got 3 misconducts and was tossed. Welcome back, Cujo!

Old
10-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Laperriere22*

Yeppers, you said it just right. As someone who has read non-stop complaints and revisionist history from Wings fans every time the Blues are mentioned because the Blues did the same thing (only better) last March, this was a fabulous game. Every time a Wings fan starts up with that self-righteous tripe now, this game can be shoved in their craw. I so love hockey.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:33 PM
DarioinDenver

I didn't see the game but it's par for the course for Chelios to start scrums (not fights mind you) after a goal against or when the game is over.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Zodiac

I love it anytime the Wings lose.

I *** hate them with a passion.

I hated them the most in the NHL before the Avs even existed. It has nothing to do with being an Avs fan.

Good job by the Preds to spoil Cujoke's return.

Now ...if only that ***** Hasek gets charged, whom I hated since his days in Buffalo ...all the better!

Old
10-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
I didn't see the game but it's par for the course for Chelios to start scrums (not fights mind you) after a goal against or when the game is over.
Yeah, I've seen him do that a lot. This time he had his stick on one side of the guy's head, then paw-punched him with his glove, and then when the guy turned to see what he was doing, Chelios dropped his gloves. Might have been Adam Hall, I lost track after a while.

The best fight was Jamie Allison and McCarty. I thought Allison won the bout, but he came out bloodied, so maybe McCarty got the best punch in. Even Maltby fought, but it was with Scott Walker.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
I hated them the most in the NHL before the Avs even existed. It has nothing to do with being an Avs fan.
Ha ha, me too. I used to live in San Francisco, and I followed the Sharks when they were a new team. In '94, when the Sharks knocked the Wings out, I really grew to despise Detroit, and then the whole Avs rivalry came up and there was no turning back.

And danged if this Canucks-Kings game isn't a barnburner, too. What a great night for watching hockey.

Old
10-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

McCarty bloodied allison b/c he gave a few forearms, not punches, to Allison's nose. Pretty even fight, I would have gave the edge to Allison, but like you said he did come out with blood.

Anyways, what a great game. I was the only one who predicted in Mack's challenge that the Predators would win as well Feel free to praise me.

Old
10-30-2003, 09:45 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
Ha ha, me too. I used to live in San Francisco, and I followed the Sharks when they were a new team. In '94, when the Sharks knocked the Wings out, I really grew to despise Detroit, and then the whole Avs rivalry came up and there was no turning back.

And danged if this Canucks-Kings game isn't a barnburner, too. What a great night for watching hockey.

Yeah, the Flyers-Devils game has been full of big hits and beautiful goals. Two good games in a row on ESPN2.

Old
10-31-2003, 06:05 AM
PatrickRoy33

Send a message via ICQ to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via AIM to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via MSN to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via Yahoo to PatrickRoy33
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
Yeah, the Flyers-Devils game has been full of big hits and beautiful goals. Two good games in a row on ESPN2.
Well, they met their quota for a year, back to all the clutch and grab sleepers....

Old
10-31-2003, 06:54 AM
4hockey8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
Yeah, I've seen him do that a lot. This time he had his stick on one side of the guy's head, then paw-punched him with his glove, and then when the guy turned to see what he was doing, Chelios dropped his gloves. Might have been Adam Hall, I lost track after a while.

The best fight was Jamie Allison and McCarty. I thought Allison won the bout, but he came out bloodied, so maybe McCarty got the best punch in. Even Maltby fought, but it was with Scott Walker.
It was Adam Hall in both fights for the Preds; thought he won against cheap-shot Chelios and was a draw with Shanny. Both of these guys jumped Hall from behind with the 1st blows/scrum action when he was going to celebrate goals. Class act, Wining Wings!!

Old
10-31-2003, 07:39 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

YES, I enjoyed every minute of this game. Unfortunately the danged Avs always have to ruin my enjoyment of a Wings loss with a sub-par effort. They did so against the Bruins following the Wings defeat at the hands of the Penguins and last postseason they fell to the Wild right after the Wings ouster by the Ducks.

Avs better play smart hockey against the Devils and Rangers or this Wings loss will mean nothing.

Kind of strange the Stars, Wings, and Avs are struggling out of the gate like they are, eh?

Closed Thread