HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get to know your fellow Jackets fans

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2009, 01:06 PM
BZArcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katietastic View Post
I know, I'm a little late, but...
College Attended/Attending: College of Wooster (undergrad), OSU (grad)
Hey, another Scot! Class of '03 here. Congrats on surviving IS Monday.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I'd be delighted to meet you, Wolf, I'll buy and you can choose the topic for argu... I mean, discussion! I'll be on the Queen Mary 2 and our ports are:

Stavanger, Flaam, Hellesylt/Geiranger, and Bergen (from June 8 - June 11)

I've never been to Scandinavia and I'm really excited about the trip. From there, we head back to Southampton and on to NYC. As for costs, everyplace is high these days! I'll try to save my drinking money for buying rounds with hockey fans in Norway!
You really got something to look forward to there, that's a great ship. I'm a lot in Stavanger, born there. The city is a popular cruise destination and the QM2 is a regular visitor. As you say she sails from Stavanger via Southampton to New York a few times a year, a great way to cross the Atlantic if you got plenty of time

Lots of great places to have a drink in the city, only $10 a beer

Not sure where I am June 8, maybe I'm there to welcome you. Below is a pic of the QM2 docked in Stavanger.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:29 PM
DEF

Wolf
How did you get the QM2 painted in Blue Jackets team colors?

Old
01-14-2009, 01:47 PM
BR217

Name: Josh
Sex: M
Birthplace: Utica, NY
Hometown: Clinton, NY
Nationality: French / Italian
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 165
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Mode of Transportation: Dodge Intrepid
Job: Student / Hockey Player
How you became a Jackets' fan: Loved Tampa Baby but when my favorite player retired I had no reason to follow them anymore (they sucked), CBJ's expansion came when I was looking for a new team and I couldn't get enough.
Favorite Jackets' Player: Steve Mason
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: Gilbert Brule, Matt Cullen, Ryan Callahan
College Attended/Attending: SUNY Oswego
Video Game Systems Owned: XBox 360
Favorite Game(s): NHL 09
Music You Listen Too: Rock / Metal
Favorite Movie (s): Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption
Favorite Food: Italian
Favorite TV Show: Entourage
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ Original White, Red Wings Home and Away (from when I was younger...), 1980 USA, Mohawk Valley Hawks (my first college team), Lightning Original Dark.
Anything Else: Trying to graduate and finish out my final season of college hockey. Just a huge hockey fan that loves everything about the CBJ...

Old
01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEF View Post
Wolf
How did you get the QM2 painted in Blue Jackets team colors?
Hitch's little yacht.
It's actually black, and the red funnel goes for all Cunard ships. Btw, this company was once called the White Star Line, among the ships they owned was the Titanic. Hope I didn't scare off pete now

Old
01-14-2009, 02:14 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamdeveg View Post
Dream Theater always struck me as chaotic & unstructured. As a drummer that tended to drive me nuts! Too many complicated parts competing for attention & detracting from the whole of a song. Not hatin', I'm just sayin'
Hey, another drummer!! I NEED A DRUMMER. WANNA JAM???
I couldn't agree more on Dream Theater. Really incredible level of musicianship all around, but.....I dunno. Petrucci's pretty amazing, but I'd rather play with a stripped down Cobain type any day. Just a matter of taste, I suppose. Or in my case, lack of.

The musicians on this board need to get together and write a decent intro song for the Jackets. Seriously, how hard can it be?

Old
01-14-2009, 03:10 PM
katietastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZArcher View Post
Hey, another Scot! Class of '03 here. Congrats on surviving IS Monday.
Whoa hey! Awesome, I love fellow Wooster grads I've survived a few IS Mondays, haha. I was class of '07. What department were you in?

Old
01-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Handyy

Quote:
I'll report back on Norway if you tell all about the '10 trip when you return! That's a dream of mine, but it's awfully expensive. Are you planning to sail or arrange your own itinerary?
It's not awfully expensive, at least the way we are planning it with my friends. I guess Finland is an optimal place to start a trip as we are heading east and getting to Moscow first is pretty cheap. And from there, it's only like $500 with the Trans-Siberian train to Beijing. That's already 4000+ miles done. And the around-the-world plane ticket is about $2500, allowing you to use 16 (or was it 18) different flights. All the Asian countries are cheap to travel through also... From China > Vietnam > Cambodia > Thailand > Malaysia > Indonesia. It's still very early in our planning, but it has been a dream for all of us too and we'll do everything to get the money for it.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:53 PM
BZArcher

Quote:
Whoa hey! Awesome, I love fellow Wooster grads I've survived a few IS Mondays, haha. I was class of '07. What department were you in?
Degree wise? History. I also worked for USIT (or academic computing, or whatever it's called this week) all four years and did an internship there fixing computers.

Old
01-14-2009, 09:33 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Hitch's little yacht.
It's actually black, and the red funnel goes for all Cunard ships. Btw, this company was once called the White Star Line, among the ships they owned was the Titanic. Hope I didn't scare off pete now
Actually, Cunard and White Star merged in the early '30s, well after the Titanic went down, but you can be pretty sure that's one movie that will not be playing in any of their ship's theaters! I sailed over the site of the sunken ship on the "Norway" and we did a wreath laying ceremony that was quite impressive - solo piper in the morning mist kind of thing.

Old
01-14-2009, 09:34 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
It's not awfully expensive, at least the way we are planning it with my friends. I guess Finland is an optimal place to start a trip as we are heading east and getting to Moscow first is pretty cheap. And from there, it's only like $500 with the Trans-Siberian train to Beijing. That's already 4000+ miles done. And the around-the-world plane ticket is about $2500, allowing you to use 16 (or was it 18) different flights. All the Asian countries are cheap to travel through also... From China > Vietnam > Cambodia > Thailand > Malaysia > Indonesia. It's still very early in our planning, but it has been a dream for all of us too and we'll do everything to get the money for it.
Sounds great, best of luck!

Old
01-14-2009, 09:34 PM
katietastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZArcher View Post
Degree wise? History. I also worked for USIT (or academic computing, or whatever it's called this week) all four years and did an internship there fixing computers.
oh wow, awesome! It's nice to meet you I'll have to go back and find your original post in this thread so I don't ask you a million questions you've already answered! I still go back to Wooster from time to time, though my best friend is a senior now so I'm reaching the tail end in terms of people to visit great school though.

Old
01-15-2009, 06:56 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Actually, Cunard and White Star merged in the early '30s, well after the Titanic went down, but you can be pretty sure that's one movie that will not be playing in any of their ship's theaters! I sailed over the site of the sunken ship on the "Norway" and we did a wreath laying ceremony that was quite impressive - solo piper in the morning mist kind of thing.
Pete would know. (bada-boom-chink!)

Old
01-15-2009, 08:08 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Ouch!

Old
01-15-2009, 08:43 AM
BZArcher

Quote:
oh wow, awesome! It's nice to meet you I'll have to go back and find your original post in this thread so I don't ask you a million questions you've already answered! I still go back to Wooster from time to time, though my best friend is a senior now so I'm reaching the tail end in terms of people to visit great school though.
Eh, you're welcome to PM me, I'm happy to answer questions.

I loved the city and the school - I wouldn't have minded staying around there if I'd found a job up there full time, but I'm pretty happy to be back in Columbus, too.

Edit: Actually, oh, wow, it's been a long time since I posted in here, so why not...

Name: Matt W.
Sex: M
Birthplace: Lillehammer, Norway
Hometown: Westerville, OH
Nationality: A little of this, a little of that...
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: Goalie Cut.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Job: Sysadmin for Sterling Commerce.
How you became a Jackets' fan: I actually grew up as a Leafs fan, but really liked the idea of having a "home" team after Columbus got the franchise. Went to some pre-season games the inaugural year, went off to College, started going to games as I got back and got hooked!
Favorite Jackets' Player: I will freely admit that I have gotten a severe man-crush on Mike Commodore. I love what he brings to the team every night.
Favorite NON Jackets' Player: I Still really like Ponikarovsky, but I've really become a fan of Ovechkin. He's just an incredible skater and I love the fact that he's 100% bat**** crazy.
College Attended/Attending: Proud grad of The College of Wooster.
Video Game Systems Owned: Wii, 360, PC.
Favorite Game(s): Rock Band, Team Fortress 2, EVE Online
Music You Listen To: A little of everything. Been listening to a lot of Juno Reactor and Blue Man Group lately.
Favorite Movie (s): 2001, Hot Fuzz, Lord of the Rings
Favorite Food: A good Reuben or a hot pretzel.
Favorite TV Show: Doctor Who, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, Good Eats
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 2000-2001 home white Leafs jersey, 2006-7 Ponikarovsky Home Blue Leafs jersey, 2002-2003 road white CBJ jersey, 2006 Norwegian National Team white jersey (Vikingaard), 2006-7 3rd CBJ Jersey. Dangerously close to adding a new home or road jersey soon.

Last edited by BZArcher: 01-15-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old
02-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
It's been a month, so it should be okay to bump this thread. Besides, we have an apparent a bumper crop of "Join Date: Jan 2009" and "Join Date: Feb 2009" folks, so why not?

Hey, n00bs! Make with the posting! I need me some stalker info enhanced awareness of the vibrance and diversity of the CBJ HFBoards community.

Blank form for those who need it:
Name:
Nickname:
Sex: M F Y N
Where you live:
Where you used to live:
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: (like if we saw you in the Rbar, how we'd know it was you)
Job:

How you became a Jackets' fan:
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: (Level 1 -"seriously whacked," and so forth.)
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here:

Player you'd most like to spend time with:
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For:
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own:
Section you usually sit in:
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game:

Video Game You are Hooked On:
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To:
Music You Actually Listen to:
Favorite Movie(s):
Favorite Food:
Favorite TV Show:
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you:

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-11-2009, 10:45 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Nash is your twin? That might be considered a "distinguishing characteristic"!

Old
02-11-2009, 10:50 AM
61ncville

oh yeah sorry, if i dont have the go-tee though you wouldnt see it. I totally forgot to put that on there.

Old
02-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Swade016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze 57 View Post
Video Game You are Hooked On: NHL Hitz 2002. I rediscovered it last week
That's one of the staples my friends and I play during our monthly "Avoid-The-Wives-Game-Night". Lasse Piroutte-ah is a beast in that game.

Old
02-13-2009, 03:06 AM
winJACKETSwin

I'm brand new to the board.

I've grown up in the Toledo region, where you're either a Red Wing fan or not a hockey fan at all.

My brother and I drove down for the last Red Wing game (the tuesday ice storm). We hung our Blue Jackets jerseys in the window. A couple people passed us honking their horns. Around Bowling Green, one guy lifted his Blue Jackets jersey up to the window.

I'm so excited to have an Ohio hockey team to root for, finally one with an identity. Hitch-hockey mirrors our treasured Ohio State model of perseverance. We protect the puck, not making mistakes in our own zone, and grind out goals.

Woody would have had season tickets. 3 yards and a cloud of snow!!!

Go Jackets. Bring it HOME!!!!

Old
02-13-2009, 08:07 AM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:
Originally Posted by winJACKETSwin View Post
I'm brand new to the board.
Your avatar is brilliant, so you're more than welcome in this neck of the HF.

Old
02-13-2009, 08:15 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I must change my nickname.

LaCostra Nostra - an excelent avatar I think it seriously

winJACKETSwin - I know this avatar I think all haters of Detroit use this avatar .

Old
02-26-2009, 07:58 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Welcome, Cathy! It's interesting that the CBJ is the first sports team you've followed. You're in for a bumpy ride, but it will be worth it! Oh, and most here are only scary 'til you get to know them.

Old
02-26-2009, 10:16 AM
61ncville

Welcome Cathy!!!

Old
02-27-2009, 05:35 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejacketsbabe161 View Post
Hey everyone! I just joined this week so I figured I'd get in on this.

Name: Kayleigh
Nickname: Kay is most commonly used.
Age you act: 22ish, but it depends on who I'm with and what we're doing.
Sex: Female
Where you live: Central Ohio
Where you used to live: Born and raised here.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Blonde, with more to love. 5'7-8"ish. Blue eyes. Pretty cute if I do say so myself!
Job: Student (for another month), and hostess at a restaurant in the AD.

How you became a Jackets' fan: My dad and I went to Chill games when I was younger, but I was not really sure of what was going on. Then the CBJ came. My first Jackets game we went to, we helped with a promotion on the ice with some cars with people my dad knew. I was hooked from that day forward.
How much of a Jacket-Whacket Job are you: I'm here aren't I? I'd say it's my obsession... my husband and I actually got married on the ice, if that's any indication.
How you found HFboards and why you keep posting here: A few of my friends post on here and were telling me about it, so I thought I'd check it out. I just started so that's why I'm still here!

Player you'd most like to spend time with: I'm pretty much in love with Nash and Boller. So either of them. Also Dorsett has grown on me, too.
Other NHL Team You are Willing to Root For: The Oilers, since it's my husbands favorite team.
Most Obsessive/Strangest Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir) you own: HA! A long time ago I had a small Care Bear signed by Nash and Zherdev, since I loved them both. I have no idea where that thing is now, though.
Section you usually sit in: 211, but often times we get the Rush tickets so it varies.
Rituals or superstitions you observe when watching or attending a game: If I go to a game and the CBJ win, I HAVE to wear that to the next game I go to.

Video Game You are Hooked On: Rock Band 2 or Mariokart on Wii
Cool Music You Claim to Listen To: See music I actually listen to.
Music You Actually Listen to: The Beatles, Queen, Steely Dan, Goo Goo Dolls, Bob Seger, Fall Out Boy, Keith Urban, Paramore, Brad Paisley, along with various other genres and artists.
Favorite Movie(s): Not too sure if I can pick just one. I like romantic comedies, sports movies, musicals, and I just got hooked onto the "Saw" movies. So I'm kinda all over the place.
Favorite Food: Chipotle! Also my mom and dads cooked specialties.
Favorite TV Show: United States of Tara as of right now. Big fan of Scrubs and Friends as well.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nash (new jersey, w/o "C", autographed), Leclaire 3rd jersey (autographed), Pink/white girly jersey (not my choice - dad bought it for me. I wear it to work sometimes if I have to work game nights so I don't possibly ruin my "real" jerseys). And an old Ryan Smyth Oilers jersey the hubby game me because it doesn't fit him anymore.
Other thing(s) we should be warned about you: I can swear like a sailor when I'm angry. And I can be pretty opinionated.
Alright, Kayleigh's on board! She'll fit in quite nicely along with the CBJ Nation here!

Closed Thread