HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WXYT rumor on Datsyuk

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2006, 12:40 PM
doublejack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton
I don't doubt any of Datsyuk's ability, I just don't think Datsyuk will play tomorow. No need to risk him being out the rest of the playoffs if all he needs is 1 game off.
Exactly. I'd rather he be out for the first game or two this series (or even the entire series) than to have him play and lose him for weeks.

The mind can write all the checks it wants, but when the body can't cash them there's nothing that can be done.

Old
04-20-2006, 12:47 PM
8snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Exactly. I'd rather he be out for the first game or two this series (or even the entire series) than to have him play and lose him for weeks.

The mind can write all the checks it wants, but when the body can't cash them there's nothing that can be done.
Again, while you guys have great points about Detroit's depth and the need for Datsyuk to get back to 100%, Pavel brings an element the Wings lack right now at center with the line-up as it's presently constructed...speed. It was noticeable (as Kira mentioned) at the end of the year, and it will be painfully noticeable in the playoffs. Not saying Detroit wont win without Dastyuk (I think they will), but Detroit really needs what he brings to the ice.

Old
04-20-2006, 12:52 PM
doublejack

Well, if we get down a game or two in the series then he'll have to play. But the wise move is probably to keep him out of game 1 since his health is iffy at best.

Old
04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Shoalzie

Ultimately, I hope everyone makes the right decision because having him sit out an extra game to be safe is better than playing him and risk further injury where they might not have him the rest of the way. I know this is time of year to be heroic but you have to be sensible about this and think in the long term, not just for Game 1.

Old
04-20-2006, 01:21 PM
obscene

AP is now reporting he'll sit out.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163320&hubname=

Old
04-20-2006, 02:25 PM
8snake

Babcock was interviewed on 1270 and said Datsyuk wont play. Mowers will play wing and Draper moves back to center. That's essentially how the line-up has looked since Dats went out. I guess that'll do for a game. But, this essentially makes the Williams\Lang\Yzerman line Detroit's number two scoring line behind the Zetterberg line. Hopefully two things happen here....that line continues to play well and produce, and Lang can step up and play like a second line center (something he hasnt done a lot this season). My concern is the Lang line defensively though. And the fact that now MacT can sick Pronger on Hank exclusively.

Old
04-20-2006, 02:28 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Ultimately, the answer will come from Pasha himself. He knows what he can do and what he can't. He knows his heart best.

Whatever you do, Pasha, we know it will be the best decision.

Old
04-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Damn you Andrew Ference. And Z-berg was within inches of losing his knee too. I hate Sutter.

Old
04-20-2006, 11:06 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Guess what, kids? I watched the FSN Red Wings Playoff Preview and the first thing out of the box, they interviewed Pasha...and they asked him if there had been a game tonight would he have sat out...he said, "NO!"

They asked him if he was going to sit out tomorrow night, and he said, "I'm ready."

So maybe, just maybe...keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned...

Old
04-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Higgy4

From all accounts, it doesnt sound like an overly serious injury. If he can skate...he BETTER play. A 50% Datsyuk is better than Mowers anyday.

This is where legends are made. I hope Pavel plays in Game 1.

Old
04-21-2006, 03:35 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'shizzle
I know this is mindless speculation, but that's what this board is all about. I heard on WXYT that Datsyuk's injury will keep him out of game 1, and they've called up Filppula from GR. I have a friend in GR who's trying to find out if Filppulla's on his way here.

the only thing I am not liking is that in the playoffs pool that I am in--one of the guys in the pool with us knows a few red wings and says that Dats is gone for the playoffs

I hate it because he was my first pick

Old
04-21-2006, 06:10 AM
SGY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
the only thing I am not liking is that in the playoffs pool that I am in--one of the guys in the pool with us knows a few red wings and says that Dats is gone for the playoffs

I hate it because he was my first pick
I doubt he's gone for the playoffs. Datsyuk wouldn't be practicing with the team if he wasn't coming back.

Old
04-21-2006, 06:39 AM
MotownLegend19

Send a message via Yahoo to MotownLegend19
this is a funny thread

datsyuk will play if he can,not like roli is gonna kipper us,geez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGY19
I doubt he's gone for the playoffs. Datsyuk wouldn't be practicing with the team if he wasn't coming back.

Old
04-21-2006, 07:31 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
From all accounts, it doesnt sound like an overly serious injury. If he can skate...he BETTER play. A 50% Datsyuk is better than Mowers anyday.

This is where legends are made. I hope Pavel plays in Game 1.
But a 50% Pavel who becomes a 30% Pavel or a 0% Pavel because he was playing when he was only 50% is the very last thing that we want.

If the Wings take care of business they can handle the Oil without Datsyuk. They just have to suck it up and get it done for as long as it takes.

Old
04-21-2006, 08:24 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
Guess what, kids? I watched the FSN Red Wings Playoff Preview and the first thing out of the box, they interviewed Pasha...and they asked him if there had been a game tonight would he have sat out...he said, "NO!"

They asked him if he was going to sit out tomorrow night, and he said, "I'm ready."

So maybe, just maybe...keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned...
Kenny Holland was on AM 1270 this morning at 8:30. Pavel will not play tonight. He's being kept out of the lineup "until he is 100%, or very near 100%". Holland's exact words. Dats will skate this morning and be evaluated tomorrow with the idea he might, might play Sunday.

Pavel could dress for tonight's game because he seems determined to play, but if he does it will be against the better judgement of team management.

Old
04-21-2006, 09:02 AM
SGY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Kenny Holland was on AM 1270 this morning at 8:30. Pavel will not play tonight. He's being kept out of the lineup "until he is 100%, or very near 100%". Holland's exact words. Dats will skate this morning and be evaluated tomorrow with the idea he might, might play Sunday.

Pavel could dress for tonight's game because he seems determined to play, but if he does it will be against the better judgement of team management.
Who knows maybe Datsyuk will play. The Red Wings could be saying Datsyuk is not playing tonight in hopes of catching Edmonton off guard. Why let the opposition know, might as well take advantage and let Edmonton prepare for something else.

Old
04-21-2006, 09:15 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGY19
Who knows maybe Datsyuk will play. The Red Wings could be saying Datsyuk is not playing tonight in hopes of catching Edmonton off guard. Why let the opposition know, might as well take advantage and let Edmonton prepare for something else.
Hmm, is it such a brilliant idea for Holland to lie his arse off to local media in the hopes of gaining some minuscule psychological advantage?

I think not.

Closed Thread