Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Loui Eriksson To Dallas Thread

Old
05-07-2006, 02:50 AM
Stars-Preds

vCash: 500
Official Loui Eriksson To Dallas Thread

I wanted to start the thread that I think most of us will be lobbying for over the next few months: winger Loui Eriksson coming to Dallas.

Here's a few reason why next October Eriksson needs to be skating around at the AAC with Modano, Jokinen, and Zubov:

... He finished the AHL season strong: 78 GP, 31 goals, 29 assists, 60 points.
... He played well in the playoffs: 7 GP, 2 goals, 5 assists, 7 points.
... Eriksson is an offensive threat and could be a goal scorer for the Stars in the near future. He would benefit from being around Modano and Zubov while they are still playing at a high level (hey they are both 36 next season).

And in fairness, although few, here are some reasons why he might need another year in the AHL:

... Loui turns 21 years old this summer and could use another season in the minors to work on his game.
... This was his first season in North America and he might need more time to develop.
... If the Stars sign or trade for another possible top-6 forward. Eriksson needs to be in the regular rotation with the Dallas Stars or go back to the AHL and play reguarly. It won't help his development any if he's playing on the fourth line with Ott and Stevenson.

Let the debating begin but my vote is in and Loui Eriksson should be a Dallas Star for the 2006-2007 season.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 03:39 PM
________

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
I agree though this is what should happen.

Eriksson should play on the 2nd line(Jokinen can move to Center)
Lessard can play on the 3rd line.

Let Arnott leave,buyout guerin, trade kapanen.

IMO this should be the lines next year i'ld rather lose with younger players in the first round then lose in the first round with the same team.

Miettinen-Modano-Lehtinen

Morrow-Jokinen-Eriksson

Hagman-Barnes-Lessard

Ott-Hagos-Tjarnqvist

Stevenson can play when they need a fighter onless they're going to sign Mikkonen to do that.

Defense
Re-sign Mitchell to a 1 year deal
Decline Klemm's option

Mitchell-Zubov
Daley-Boucher
Niinimaa- Robidas

Jancevski can be the 7th defenseman if they decide to keep Niinimaa which they'll prolly do. I think he'll be better if they did keep him since he had the ankle injury.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Starsdude

Mitchell won't sign a one year deal. So it is Mitchell long term or a number of other solid defensive d-men unless you want to give Grossman a shot. I would bet jancevski is gone after never really getting a shot here as well. If Arnott is gone, they may keep Guerin and have a ton of cap space in 2 years then go get Richards(my choice). I would bet if Guerin and Arnott both leave pencil aguy like Weight in at #2 center. They will not go pure youth movement with 35 year olds like Modano and Zubov and an disgruntled fan base.

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 04:28 PM
________

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
Mitchell won't sign a one year deal. So it is Mitchell long term or a number of other solid defensive d-men unless you want to give Grossman a shot. I would bet jancevski is gone after never really getting a shot here as well. If Arnott is gone, they may keep Guerin and have a ton of cap space in 2 years then go get Richards(my choice). I would bet if Guerin and Arnott both leave pencil aguy like Weight in at #2 center. They will not go pure youth movement with 35 year olds like Modano and Zubov and an disgruntled fan base.
I know Mitchell wouldn't but maybe somehow could convince him to since he didn't play that good in the playoffs and isn't next year less good defenseman in FA so they he might go for that.
i'ld give Grossman a shot at the roster, but since Fransson is more the likely coming over i'ld rather have them both play together in Iowa for a season. Also I'ld kept Guerin though like i put on those lines would be the best for the future and they'ld make the playoffs.
Also I'ld rather have them keep Guerin, then Arnott. Lessard should play on the 3rd line line, onless they plan on getting rid of a couple of other players. Also i've seen some people calling Hagos a black verison of Samuel Pahlsson which is better for a shutdown center then Kapanen of course.
Also if they want a cheap replacement for Arnott isn't Matt Cullen a FA ? though i'm sure the Canes will re-sign him,but if he's there on July 1st i'ld offer him a contract.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________
Also i've seen some people calling Hagos a black verison of Samuel Pahlsson
Very good description of Hagos, imho. Joel Lundqvist is probably a guy you'd like too. He and Hagos would make a great PK pair.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Dallasman

Why are we trading Kapanen? He had a great season, aside from the playoffs. Kaps won't be traded.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Stars-Preds

Not sure if Kapanen will be traded or not but I do expect them to shake up the third and fourth lines. So Hagman, Kapanen, Ott, Svoboda, Perrot, and Stevenson are all candidates to be traded or not re-signed.

On another note, I'm not really a Lessard guy. I don't see it working for him in the NHL. Just my opinion.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Kevin Wey

I wouldn't consider Yared Hagos NHL ready yet. He also has a ways to go before he's as good as Sami Paulsson. Hagos had difficulty getting off of the fourth line in Iowa.

Perhaps in time. Next year, without Kyle Brodziak on the team, Hagos might have a better chance of being a top nine forward for the I-Stars next season.

Most fourth liners who played in the AHL, and many of them did, were pretty decent scorers at the AHL level.

A full season as a top nine in Iowa, and a full healthy season at that, will go a long way toward making Hagos NHL ready.

Of the Iowa forwards, Eriksson and Lessard are the most NHL ready. (And Tjarnqvist...) The rest have some work to do. I think Marius Holtet could crack Dallas before Hagos does, if Holtet carries his momentum into 2005-06. He really seemed to be gaining confidence in his offensive abilities, and he always skates hard and finishes his checks. Hagos does not yet have Holtet's physical presence or his tenacity. I would say Holtet is stronger.

Neither Eriksson nor Lessard are guaranteed to be successes in the NHL next year either.

I don't think Dallas should dump too many players to open up spots for I-Stars or other prospects who probably aren't NHL-ready yet.

Goaltender Mike Smith is NHL ready too, in my opinion. Smith has it all really, he just has to make sure he doesn't try to do too much. But, he's big, he has excellent crease movement, a great glove hand, and he can handle the puck extremely well. Sometimes he tries to handle it too much, which is when he gets in trouble. For an unheralded prospect, he sure has become something.

While Grossman played well and impressed me this season, I don't think he's NHL ready yet. I'd say he needs another full season of AHL action. I'd say the Stars would be wise to keep a lot of what they have and keep Dan Jancevski for recall. It'll be up to them if they want to keep Patrick Traverse. I'd prefer to see Iowa comprised of Jancevski, Grossman, Mario Scalzo, Johan Fransson, Vadim Khomitsky, Mark Fistric, and Matt Nickerson in 2006-07. We'll see if Geoff Waugh is signed.

Last edited by Kevin Wey: 05-08-2006 at 12:41 AM.
Kevin Wey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Kevin Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leg11wand
Not sure if Kapanen will be traded or not but I do expect them to shake up the third and fourth lines. So Hagman, Kapanen, Ott, Svoboda, Perrot, and Stevenson are all candidates to be traded or not re-signed.

On another note, I'm not really a Lessard guy. I don't see it working for him in the NHL. Just my opinion.
A legitimate doubt, as Lessard does not have a lot of speed by NHL standards. He does work hard though, and has a nice shot. Giving Lessard a shot on the fourth line for a while wouldn't hurt, but I would agree that he shouldn't be penciled in any higher than the fourth line to start 2006-07. Watching Mathias Tjarnqvist play, he should be a better player than Lessard, but Lessard has heart.

Kevin Wey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Lupul*

When I got my hockey news draft review I thought that he was going to be a very good pick and I guess I was right, I was also impressed by his play at the wjc two years ago, as him and robert Nillson were both impressive against Team USA

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote