HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it just me or...

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2006, 01:15 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Is it just me or...

Despite how this team has struggled, I feel better about the playoffs this year than I have pretty much any time in recent memory. Is it just me? There's something about the team this year...I just have a feeling.

Old
04-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Beakermania*

I felt the same way about a week ago. but this matchup scares me personally.

Old
04-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
You know it's strange that you started a thread like this. I was actually thinking the exact same thing this morning. I'm still trying to remain cautiously optimistic but I do have a good feeling about the upcoming series.

Old
04-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Habsfan18

I'm kinda neutral right now. The biased side of me says the Habs will pull of a huge upset. But then I keep remembering the season series...but then again Huet is yet to play against the Canes.

Old
04-20-2006, 01:21 PM
DerekT

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
Despite how this team has struggled, I feel better about the playoffs this year than I have pretty much any time in recent memory. Is it just me? There's something about the team this year...I just have a feeling.
I have good feelings, but I felt MUCH more confident 2 and 4 years ago.

I have the most guarded hopes about this team. We might see the Cardiac Kids that won so many games at the begining of the year, the 8 game winning streak team, or the team that shows no effort from December and January.

I really hope it's one of the first 2. Maybe it's age, but I'm less optimistic then i've ever been about a series.

Old
AH

I feel the same way.

Old
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15
I'm kinda neutral right now. The biased side of me says the Habs will pull of a huge upset. But then I keep remembering the season series...but then again Huet is yet to play against the Canes.
He hasn't *started* against the Canes.

Old
Darz

I've been optimistic about the habs chances in every playoff series they have played in since '74 or '75.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Guy Caballero

Not me. I never feel better than when we're playing the Bruins.

Old
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I've been optimistic about the habs chances in every playoff series they have played in since '74 or '75.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!
That's the spirit!

Old
04-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
He hasn't *started* against the Canes.
Yes, that is what I meant

Old
04-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I feel really good about our chances,however I ask my self witch Cannes team will show up to play in the playoffs? The first half team or the late season team!!I hope it's the late season team!

Old
04-20-2006, 01:26 PM
neopreneur

If we get past Carolina in 6 or less, I'll be extremely confident about our chances of getting to the final dance.

If Mr. Clutch Zednik steps it up, Koivu plays like he usually does in important situations (playoffs, Olympics), Kovalev makes pylons out of everyone, Higgins parks his *** in front of the net during the PP, Markov doesn't get innjured and Huet keeps on controlling rebounds effectively... then we will be very hard to beat

Old
04-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

I think we certainly have the right pieces to win this series but it's a matter of them getting their *** in gear.

Old
04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
bjac

I have a good feeling about these playoffs...

Old
04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Hockeymom67

I'd love to be optimistic guys but I've been to every game here at home against the Canes and this series scares me...
On the other hand..... let's get revenge ...Perfect time ?

Old
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
DicAnns

Sorry to break the party here... but I don't share this overoptimism.

Ods are clearly on Carolina's side... beating them is sure possible (we only need to get real hot for 4 games), but face it: it would be a total upset and very unlikely.
I say we have a 15% chance of winning the series... yeah that's 30%/2... and I predict Canes win in 5 or 6.

Key in this series if we want to win: our D needs to learn to clear the zone...
can't have so many turnovers in transition when you play a team as skilled as the Canes.

Let's hope for a win... but don't expect it... and don't put money on it!

still: GO HABS!!!!!!!!

Old
04-20-2006, 01:55 PM
wholeshow*

if we beat the canes, and the sens take care of the bolts...we'll play the sens in the 2nd round.
i really hope the flyers and rangers can beat the sabres and devils. But I believe the flyers have little to no chance against the sabres, but the rangers (with lundqvist playing solid) can take out the devils. If things go down as planned, the rangers can beat the sabres in the 2nd round....we beat the sens and we play the rangers in the conference finals!!!

Old
04-20-2006, 01:57 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73

Let's hope for a win... but don't expect it... and don't put money on it!

still: GO HABS!!!!!!!!

i bet you $10 that the habs beat the canes? are you man enough to bet against your own team fan boy?

Old
04-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeshow
if we beat the canes, and the sens take care of the bolts...we'll play the sens in the 2nd round.
i really hope the flyers and rangers can beat the sabres and devils. But I believe the flyers have little to no chance against the sabres, but the rangers (with lundqvist playing solid) can take out the devils. If things go down as planned, the rangers can beat the sabres in the 2nd round....we beat the sens and we play the rangers in the conference finals!!!

Slow down man, one game at a time.... you are going to the final 4 already...

Old
04-20-2006, 02:01 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Best Avatar ever

Old
04-20-2006, 02:07 PM
DicAnns

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeshow
i bet you $10 that the habs beat the canes? are you man enough to bet against your own team fan boy?
shhhhhhhhhhhh!
we'll get warning points and a visit from operation slapshot!

Old
04-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Capitano

Quote:
It's not just you

Honestly, I'm a proud hab fan these days. We're playing with passion and skill. Our boys have heart.

And Theodore is gone too.

Cap

Old
04-20-2006, 02:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

We have a much better line-up than the other years, we have more depth as well.. Gainey and Carbo behind the bench is another big factor to considere.. As a team we played some really bad hockey at some point in the season but we also played great hockey especially in the last stretch of the season where we kicked Toronto out of the playoffs.. But most of the other teams improved as well, better coatched, better work ethic...

Its a matter of confidence... I think we could go far in playoffs if Carbo, Jarvis and Gainey make our guys playing at the best of their capacities, make them believe they can go far in playoffs...

One thing effraid me, we didnt play very well against the top teams, we looked intimidated.. Guys like Rivet and Souray will have to step up, Koivu will have to play at his best, what we didnt see much this year.. Bonk will have to play alot better than he did lately...

A guy like Plekanec is at his best when the pressure increase... just like Koivu.. Perezhogin could be a wildcard in playoffs even if I doubt he fully blossom this year... Higgins has become a key player for us, he is a major upgrade in the line-up... Komisarek played some great hockey some nights, he has been solid most night and I look to him for having solid playoffs...

Of course, we dont have a perfect team, we still have some weak links... Ribs as our second line center isnt ideal, Bulis on this line neither.. Ryder has been inconsistent and played some real poor hockey at time this season.. Zednik played a bit better with Plekanec and Perezhogin but still struggle to score... Perezhogin has been desapointing me in the whole not being effective most night but I liked him in his last few games.. He is a great kid for the future and could surprise in playoffs, he has the skills...

On D we are solid but as stated above, Rivet and Souray will have to play wayyy better hockey in hope to go far in playoffs, they have been mediocre at best lately...

In net Im very confident with Huet and Abi..

Old
04-20-2006, 02:31 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz

GO HABS GO!!!!!!
Back then optimism wasn't even required, those were halcyon days.

Closed Thread