HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexandre Picard

Old
04-20-2006, 02:29 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

vCash: 500
Alexandre Picard

Wanted to see what you guys think of him? And what kind of role will he have next season, should he eventually become a top 4 guy down the line, etc.

Thanks and good luck in the playoffs, i'm a Panthers fan but i'm rootin' for the Flyers.

mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 02:48 PM
RoDu

I hope he pans out, he's our top defenseman prospect, and there's not much after him on the depth chart

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 03:33 PM
FlyersFanJS

Picard has good potential, although i'm not sure how far along it will be...i could see him like a freddy meyer next season and maybe reaching a top 4 slot in the next 2-3 years

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
A poor mans Desjardins who hits harder and skates faster.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 04:43 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
A poor mans Desjardins who hits harder and skates faster.
That's what I was going to say. One thing I did notice was that he was a + player on a bad Phantoms team and he played a lot of hockey for them. So, that has to bode real well for his chances with the Flyers.

He's also very decent offensively. He might just be that guy we can put on the point on the 2nd unit and we won't get burned by it at all. I hope next season, he gets thrown right into the thick of things with the Flyers. Pair him with someone who only needs to play the back end (Hatcher or Rathje) and he just might surprise everyone. I'm pretty excited about him.

I'm also excited that it seems Ruzicka turned the corner with the Phantoms. He was pretty terrible the first half, but things began to click in the 2nd half. He could be one of those surprise guys as well. Put him on a line with Richards and Richards has his sniper and Ruzicka has someone who can motivate him.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to next season. Should make for a lot of fun with the rookies who might be on the team next season. Welcome to the NHL eh......

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 04:54 PM
VaFlyer

Here it the thing about our defense. Clarke is going to have to look at it this year. We will have a couple of years after this one until we will need to look for a young guy to move up. Hatcher and Rathje are signed for a few more years. Meyer is signed. Gauthier is signed for 3 more. Pitkanen is a RFA and he will be going nowhere. That leaves one every day spot. Desjardins for one more year and Picard moving up next year. We have a few drafts to find a couple of more defenseman.

VaFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 09:11 AM
South Beach

Jones has also signed a two year, one way contract with the Flyers.

South Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach
Jones has also signed a two year, one way contract with the Flyers.
he's trade bait.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 10:39 AM
bigDW

Picard

Next year, Picard will be the 8th D. He'll start on the Phantoms and get call-ups to the Flyers.

bigDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 11:14 AM
South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
he's trade bait.
Expected to hear negative from you. Give us something new.

South Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 11:39 AM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
he's trade bait.
Yeah probably, I don't think he's anywhere near where Meyer is, and Picard is going to eclipse him soon

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach
Expected to hear negative from you. Give us something new.
that's not negative dude... that's just the way i view that situation. i don't think he will be with the team next year... strikes me as a draft day trade situation. how is that negative? i realize you have strong liking for the kid, but i personally think his tenure with the organization is coming to a close.

you have Meyer and Picard, who the organization is clearly higher on... Pitkanen with the squad now, and Rathje, Hatcher, and Gauthier around for the next few years... 5 of your top 6 are already mentioned and i would be shocked if one of Rico/Johnsson isn't with the team next year, that's 6 of the top 6... i could even see both being with the team next year, but i'm guessing only one... then i would expect a veteran to be the 7th dman (does Jones no good to be sitting on the pine) and you got Picard as the first callup from the AHL next year.

Jones is trade bait.

So, how about, rather than just blindly believe that Jones is going to be with the Flyers... and not viewing him with any critical thought... you look at the situation i just laid out (which is HOW the organization is currently setup)... and tell me you think Jones on a one-way contract is going to be with the team next year?

My bet: He's trade to a bottom-tier team in the NHL for a draft pick in this draft or next years draft.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote