HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bernie Parent

Old
04-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Tat2dRich

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Tat2dRich
Bernie Parent

I hope this doesn't sound like an ego thing, but I was fortunate enough to have lunch w/ Bernie at Dave and Buster's last week. A mutual business friend set it up. Bernie is without a doubt my favorite all-time Flyer ( I'm 50+ yrs old) and the only Mitchell and Ness jersey I would kick up the big bucks for.

He is living on his boat, which is docked next to D and B's (by choice, not be financial constraints).

It was absolutely the best 3 hours I've ever had. He was gracious, friendly, funny...he insisted I try on his Stanley Cup rings and signed my jersey.. When my friends sister dropped by Bernie immediately switched into 'Pepe Le Pew" mode and asked for a hug.

I was so glad he turned out to be a regular, down to earth guy. It's so disappointing to meet a hero and have him turn out to be an a****ole.

By the way, he refused to be drawn into controversey, when I asked him esche or frank he said: "Ask Hitch, he gets the big money to make those decisions".

Tat2dRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 09:30 PM
bioman85*

Did he plug hair restoration?

bioman85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Tat2dRich

Send a message via Yahoo to Tat2dRich
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman85
Did he plug hair restoration?
Dude, his hair looked great. Did he have plugs or something?

Tat2dRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 09:43 PM
CharlieGirl

Sounds like an amazing day - and a ton of wonderful memories!

I'd heard that he was a great guy, so it's nice to know that I didn't hear wrong.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:01 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dRich
I hope this doesn't sound like an ego thing, but I was fortunate enough to have lunch w/ Bernie at Dave and Buster's last week. A mutual business friend set it up. Bernie is without a doubt my favorite all-time Flyer ( I'm 50+ yrs old) and the only Mitchell and Ness jersey I would kick up the big bucks for.

He is living on his boat, which is docked next to D and B's (by choice, not be financial constraints).

It was absolutely the best 3 hours I've ever had. He was gracious, friendly, funny...he insisted I try on his Stanley Cup rings and signed my jersey.. When my friends sister dropped by Bernie immediately switched into 'Pepe Le Pew" mode and asked for a hug.

I was so glad he turned out to be a regular, down to earth guy. It's so disappointing to meet a hero and have him turn out to be an a****ole.

By the way, he refused to be drawn into controversey, when I asked him esche or frank he said: "Ask Hitch, he gets the big money to make those decisions".
I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but he did sign my jersey. He is always at the Flyers game next to the Chikies and Petes stand. He seems like a great guy, too abd I'm too young and never got to see him play

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Wow -- he lives on a boat?

That's interesting, don't know if I could do that?

Isn't he married?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:56 PM
bioman85*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dRich
Dude, his hair looked great. Did he have plugs or something?
I'm not sure, but I always see the hair restoration clinic billboard driving home from school on the expressway with his picture on it.

bioman85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Bill_Meltzer

Bernie has always loved boats. I believe (but I'm not positive) he divorced from his wife, Carol, after their kids were grown.

Bill_Meltzer is offline   Reply With Quote