HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

I now know what Jussi Jokinen feels like...

Old
04-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Slats432

vCash: 500
I now know what Jussi Jokinen feels like...

Last night in my men's team played its 3rd playoff game in 4 nights.(After a loss last weekend.)

After two big wins (If we lose we are out.) we play last night and get down 2-0 over the first half of the game. We aggressively pushed for the tie, and end up 2-2 after regulation. A 5 minute overtime ensued which produced nothing.

Off to the shootout. We put our three biggest guns out there. First guy loses the handle. Their guy misses. Our next guy dekes the shorts out of their very talented goalie and puts us up 1-0. After another strong save by our guy, our last shooter gets stoned with a big pad on the deke.

Their guy comes in slow and ends up scoring. Tied 1-1.

Yours truly says to our other captain, I want to go fourth. So I pick up the puck and deliberately skate down the ice...not too fast because three periods of snow is not ideal for a shootout.

Deke the forehand move to the backhand and wait for the goalie to open up the legs and I slide it through. Our goalie stones their last shooter for the victory.

So....I start my shootout career 1-0 with the GWG.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:37 AM
dylan

Send a message via MSN to dylan
sweet, although when i read the title i was thinking you pulled the jokinen/forsberg one hander move.

dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
sweet, although when i read the title i was thinking you pulled the jokinen/forsberg one hander move.
I have thought about that since I have known for a long time that we have shootouts.

But I also realize that ice conditions could easily affect a one hand move, so I nixed the idea.....this time.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 12:19 PM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
Congrats!!!!

But you should have pulled the Marek Malik move.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 01:17 AM
EazyB97

That a boy George, I was in a similar situation a week or so ago. Championship game, last shooter (our team up by 1). We shot at the same time as the opposition. I did a similar move to the Foppa/Jokinen, except I kept my top bottom hand on the stick (like a golf club) because the goalie stuck his leg out. I muscled it over him, we won. Pretty cool feeling, especially since I'm a D. This was only my second shoot-out, first meaningful one. I'm at a whopping 50% now

Turns out their guy scored as well, so it was technically the "winner". I had an assist on our goal in regulation as well (point shot/pass).

EazyB97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 01:48 AM
Tuff Gong

Send a message via MSN to Tuff Gong
way to go man!! we have our 2nd play-off game tomorrow in our mens league! we're 1-0 so far in the double knock out format, good luck down the stretch.

Tuff Gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Johnny Postman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyguy14
Congrats!!!!

But you should have pulled the Marek Malik move.
Kid,

Wouldn't it be great if we had shootouts at Riindoor?

Johnny Postman is offline   Reply With Quote