Toivonen may be looking into one way flight also

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 04:38 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Toivonen may be looking into one way flight also

just checking out the Providence-Hartford game and see the Broons were outshot 19-2 in first period and 32-12 after two. What the heck is going no down there? I realize its good for Hannu to see some shots but he's going to end up like Denis Leroux talking to himself or whatever that goalie from Slap Shot was. Every time I look at a box score they are getting outshot by huge figures. Aren't Morrisonn and Jurcina down there? As soon as one of the Broons top 6 defensmen get hurt- and its going to happen- we are going to have to dip below.

Ideally to me the Broons would have carried one extra forward (Donato) and one extra defensman (Moran), signed Berard- Girard's injury really screwed this all up- and I'm not blaming him just using a figure of speech. Obvioulsy the kid is thankful to be alive and I personally thought he was ready to assume one of the first or second PP units and eventually be a 50 point guy. I am one of those guys that wanted Berard signed as long as his role was defined and he was playing with a stay at home type guy like OD or Gill. This may come back to haunt us.(working a little Halloween in here- btw, I had to have had 100 kids at my house)

Now, get Hannu out of Providence, MOC before he finds out where Zino bought his tix. Nineteen to two- what the he double hockey sticks is going on down there.

Old
10-31-2003, 04:42 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
just checking out the Providence-Hartford game and see the Broons were outshot 19-2 in first period and 32-12 after two. What the heck is going no down there? I realize its good for Hannu to see some shots but he's going to end up like Denis Leroux talking to himself or whatever that goalie from Slap Shot was.

Now, get Hannu out of Providence, MOC before he finds out where Zino bought his tix. Nineteen to two- what the he double hockey sticks is going on down there.
Denis Lemieux!

One of the all-time great sports movie characters!

"Icing happen when...bang! Da puck go down dere...ahead of the other guy. My arms go up and de game stop. And den it start again."

Old
10-31-2003, 04:45 PM
BlacknGold Barbarino

Trade Me Right ****** Now!!!

Old
10-31-2003, 05:05 PM
P. Bruinette

Send a message via Yahoo to P. Bruinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
just checking out the Providence-Hartford game and see the Broons were outshot 19-2 in first period and 32-12 after two. What the heck is going no down there? I realize its good for Hannu to see some shots but he's going to end up like Denis Leroux talking to himself or whatever that goalie from Slap Shot was. Every time I look at a box score they are getting outshot by huge figures. Aren't Morrisonn and Jurcina down there? As soon as one of the Broons top 6 defensmen get hurt- and its going to happen- we are going to have to dip below.

Ideally to me the Broons would have carried one extra forward (Donato) and one extra defensman (Moran), signed Berard- Girard's injury really screwed this all up- and I'm not blaming him just using a figure of speech. Obvioulsy the kid is thankful to be alive and I personally thought he was ready to assume one of the first or second PP units and eventually be a 50 point guy. I am one of those guys that wanted Berard signed as long as his role was defined and he was playing with a stay at home type guy like OD or Gill. This may come back to haunt us.(working a little Halloween in here- btw, I had to have had 100 kids at my house)

Yes, Shaone Morrisonn and Milan Juricina are in Providence, but what makes you assume they are playing well?? In the games I've seen, sadly, Shaone Morrisonn has gone backward -- which is troubling. Jurcina just played his first hockey last weekend since the pre-season.

Every few days new players are assigned to Providence and they have yet to get any lines established since they are adding players all the time (and subtracting). Same thing was happening with defense, and tonight they add Rich Brennan back on "D" (he was injured) and that whole mix is sc**wed up again . It's totally insane. This team, who 3/4's of, played together last year, suddenly can't forecheck of keep the other team's offense away from the net.

And Tim Thomas has the same types of games to play... making two tons of saves.

I find your statemenet, "Now, get Hannu out of Providence, MOC before he finds out where Zino bought his tix. Nineteen to two- what the he double hockey sticks is going on down there.", to be a bit dramatic.

Lori

Old
10-31-2003, 05:44 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bruinette
Every few days new players are assigned to Providence and they have yet to get any lines established since they are adding players all the time (and subtracting). Same thing was happening with defense, and tonight they add Rich Brennan back on "D" (he was injured) and that whole mix is sc**wed up again . It's totally insane.
Lori
isn't that what happens to every minor league team? the AHL is there to provide the NHL with players. i can't think of an AHL franchise that doesn't have lots of turnover.

Old
10-31-2003, 06:06 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Yes, Shaone Morrisonn and Milan Juricina are in Providence, but what makes you assume they are playing well?? In the games I've seen, sadly, Shaone Morrisonn has gone backward -- which is troubling. Jurcina just played his first hockey last weekend since the pre-season.

Every few days new players are assigned to Providence and they have yet to get any lines established since they are adding players all the time (and subtracting). Same thing was happening with defense, and tonight they add Rich Brennan back on "D" (he was injured) and that whole mix is sc**wed up again . It's totally insane. This team, who 3/4's of, played together last year, suddenly can't forecheck of keep the other team's offense away from the net.

I find your statemenet, "Now, get Hannu out of Providence, MOC before he finds out where Zino bought his tix. Nineteen to two- what the he double hockey sticks is going on down there.", to be a bit dramatic.

Lori
I never assumed they (Shaone and Jurcina specifically but the team since there are obviously such wide disapirty in shot and I'd assume play, err...domination) were playing well- in fact, wondering if maybe they aren't since the shots are so one sided; secondly, it was tongue in cheek....the Slap Shot goalie reference??? no???

Old
10-31-2003, 08:06 PM
Neely4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
Denis Lemieux!

One of the all-time great sports movie characters!

"Icing happen when...bang! Da puck go down dere...ahead of the other guy. My arms go up and de game stop. And den it start again."
Found a couple of sound bites :

http://www.slap-shot.com/DenisOwns.mp3

http://www.slap-shot.com/DenisHallergy.mp3

http://www.slap-shot.com/JoeBunch.mp3

http://www.slap-shot.com/HanFoil.mp3

Old
10-31-2003, 09:25 PM
puck4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of the Vin
Trade Me Right ****** Now!!!
Now hang up !

Old
10-31-2003, 10:57 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
From what I've read, the PB's are still trying to come together as a team. Give them some time and see what happens.

Old
11-01-2003, 02:52 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:

Lori
Are you completely incapable of detecting sarcasm?

Old
11-01-2003, 04:53 AM
misterjaggers

"Toivonen may be looking into one way flight also"

"Toivonen may be looking into one way flight also" ?

Is Hannu unhappy or does the FTC's DAS (Deceptive Advertising Strikeforce) need to be notified DKH?

Old
11-01-2003, 05:39 PM
P. Bruinette

Send a message via Yahoo to P. Bruinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
I never assumed they (Shaone and Jurcina specifically but the team since there are obviously such wide disapirty in shot and I'd assume play, err...domination) were playing well- in fact, wondering if maybe they aren't since the shots are so one sided; secondly, it was tongue in cheek....the Slap Shot goalie reference??? no???
It's been a loooooooooong time since I'ved seen Slap Shot. Sorry for missing the reference

All defense is just horrible. Another game now.... they just hung on to a tie in OT and outshot horridly (44-26). Why? Defense just keeps letting players right down into the slot and shoot. It's disgusting. I have no clue why this is happening, but think of some of your works defensive games in Boston. This is Providence ALL season so far. UGH!

Lori

Closed Thread