Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Thread: Bruins @ Pittsburgh l 11/01/03 l 1 ET l NESN

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 09:19 AM
bb_fan

vCash: 500
Bruins are taking some good hits from PIT.

Thornton, Zina, Bergeron getting thumped alittle

Old
11-01-2003, 10:10 AM
dkm

and we're tied at 2

Old
11-01-2003, 10:20 AM
bb_fan

some crappy none calls :{

Old
11-01-2003, 10:25 AM
neelynugs

terrible 3rd period from this team. absolutely inexcuseable, especially from captain joe- taking awful penalties. this game was 2 points gift wrapped, and the complacency from the b's allowed pittsburgh to tie it up. there better be some arse-busting in OT, b/c they should have the 2 points

Old
11-01-2003, 10:26 AM
Samsonov14
Best chimp ever

Well, it's a point at least, but Boston should really win against Pittsburg. Hopefully they can get something done in overtime.

Old
11-01-2003, 10:30 AM
neelynugs

utterly disgraceful. this team should be totally ashamed of themselves for this garbage. the lazy captain should shoulder much of the blame IMO. what a suckfest

Old
11-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Wpg Jets

Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsonov14
Well, it's a point at least, but Boston should really win against Pittsburg. Hopefully they can get something done in overtime.
I'm sorry if I offend people but i just didn't feel as safe with razor in today as I have the last 3 starts by felix! The last 2 goals were WEAK!!!!

Old
11-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Tim O'Reilly

if the B's lose in OT, will we see Sullivan finally blow a gasket? A crappy effort vs Montreal and then a blown 2-0 lead. Come on boys, time to pick it up.........

Old
11-01-2003, 10:32 AM
Sleemans

Bruins were so brutal and lazy in the 3rd and in O.T.
Losing to Pittsburgh, oh man give me a break..
These guys better start showing up for 60 or in this case 65 minutes.

Old
11-01-2003, 10:34 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
unbelievable- the Pens are expansion lineup. I can't even put my finger on what happened; yah, the refs were the worst this year and Thornton's line is constantly held...this should have been 3 or 4 ot nothing game....Zinovjev was the best forward but that line can't score or hasn't in last 3 games....very unsettling- time to go play with my kid and forget this. What a waste of 3 hours- and the worst is the Penguins are absolutely horrible. Please, Rico Fata....this guy is a 3rd liner who because of expansion is not going to spend his career playing for the Hersey Bears. Ugh....I'm going to a birthday party and wasn't going to have any beer, cake, or chips and dip- I may have to.

OK, its only a game but what a bunch swill and I don't know who to blame? help me guys and gals who can we lynch

Old
11-01-2003, 10:35 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

I didn't see the game 'cause I'm at work, but it sounded on the radio like they lost it because Thornton lost his cool a couple times due to 'non-calls' and got caught retaliating. This was a problem last year, that he could easily be thrown off his game.
Anyone that saw the game have any feedback as to what exactly happened.

Old
11-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Tim O'Reilly

Time to call the boys out! Earth to Muzz, Joe, et all: 60 FREAKIN' MINUTES. What crap this is! To have a 2-0 lead and blow it. Screw the one point. They don't deserve it after blowing the lead. Really, it should be our CAPTAIN that stands up and calls these guys out. Wonder if he will?

Old
11-01-2003, 10:39 AM
Wpg Jets

I would have to say it was a horrible 3rd after 2 very strong periods. But really Joe's line was nonexisitant! Mainly b/c Joe gets thrown off his agme way to easy! When he's getting hooked and slashed he should start hitting legally! And powering through his checks!

Old
11-01-2003, 10:39 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly
Time to call the boys out! Earth to Muzz, Joe, et all: 60 FREAKIN' MINUTES. What crap this is! To have a 2-0 lead and blow it. Screw the one point. They don't deserve it after blowing the lead. Really, it should be our CAPTAIN that stands up and calls these guys out. Wonder if he will?
yup- and sullivan should consider giving some more ice time to guys like green and mccarthy, who consistently work their butts off.

Old
11-01-2003, 10:41 AM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
yup- and sullivan should consider giving some more ice time to guys like green and mccarthy, who consistently work their butts off.
And another was that fleury made the saves when they needed them! And I'm sorry to say Razor was out played. It was probably the weakest game I've seen from him this year. He was down way too often and fighting the puck.

Old
11-01-2003, 10:49 AM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
utterly disgraceful. this team should be totally ashamed of themselves for this garbage. the lazy captain should shoulder much of the blame IMO. what a suckfest

VIVA LA NUGS, FOR TELLING IT LIKE IT IS, A LAZY CAPTAIN. ...

Old
11-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Ortdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
Joe gets thrown off his agme way to easy! When he's getting hooked and slashed he should start hitting legally! And powering through his checks!

i understand why everyone is saying this and why you all think thats why we lost.

but really if anyone out there that has played the game then they should understand how frustrating it is when the referee's clearly flat out will not call pentalties unless you fall down, teams are taking advantage of he fact they can hang all over joe and he will not go down because is just to strong. as much as i hate diving i think joe just needs to hit the ground more often. forsberg is the perfect example, everyone knows that he is nearly impossible to knock off the puck when he wants to keep it, but he will go down easily once in a while. not all the time, but a couple times a game. this is what joe needs to do, it will keep the other teams and the referee's honest.

i do not blame joe's line at all for this loss, i dont blame anyone on this team. i blame everyone on this team! as well as the coaches.

if i was mike sullivan as soon as it was obvious that the penguins where coming on, i would have started to play mcarthy green and zamuner alot more, they go out there and play with emotion and if that dosnt wake up the sleeping giants nothing will.

obviously joe was frustrated and having a bad period, why continue to throw him back on the ice every 2nd shift. give some time to rolstons line, if nothing else they can play solid d and maybe hold on for the win

i blame sullivan as much as i blame the players. horrible display by this team today

Old
11-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtDogg19
i understand why everyone is saying this and why you all think thats why we lost.

but really if anyone out there that has played the game then they should understand how frustrating it is when the referee's clearly flat out will not call pentalties unless you fall down, teams are taking advantage of he fact they can hang all over joe and he will not go down because is just to strong. as much as i hate diving i think joe just needs to hit the ground more often. forsberg is the perfect example, everyone knows that he is nearly impossible to knock off the puck when he wants to keep it, but he will go down easily once in a while. not all the time, but a couple times a game. this is what joe needs to do, it will keep the other teams and the referee's honest.

i do not blame joe's line at all for this loss, i dont blame anyone on this team. i blame everyone on this team! as well as the coaches.

if i was mike sullivan as soon as it was obvious that the penguins where coming on, i would have started to play mcarthy green and zamuner alot more, they go out there and play with emotion and if that dosnt wake up the sleeping giants nothing will.

obviously joe was frustrated and having a bad period, why continue to throw him back on the ice every 2nd shift. give some time to rolstons line, if nothing else they can play solid d and maybe hold on for the win

i blame sullivan as much as i blame the players. horrible display by this team today
i agree that the fact joe is so big that sometimes he doesn't get calls b/c he is so powerful but guess what he's not going to Shrink so he better figure out how to control his temper. he's not 1st guy who's ever been targeted by other teams. But his success will only improve by accepting that he's a target and figuring out how to deal with it.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:09 AM
bruinmann77

soory effort part 2

Now it time for Coach Sullivan to really lay into his team after 2 crappy effort.This team better learn you have to play 60 min or your not going to get to far.The Captain better learn to stop acting like a baby and do stupid things to hurt his team.Today lack of effort in the 3rd period was the terrible and inexcusable.Razor did let in a bad ot goal but maybe if Boyton puts a hit on Fata we don"t talk about this game.
The big line just to seem to be skating around and look non intrested.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:23 AM
BlacknGold Barbarino

So, can we officially end the "I feel way better about this year's team than last year's" love fest?

I see them as pretty equal.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:27 AM
DBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of the Vin
So, can we officially end the "I feel way better about this year's team than last year's" love fest?

I see them as pretty equal.
Well not exactly, last season you could see the team was playing at there best early on and grabbing points. This season it's more of the team playing like crap and still picking up points. This team is alittle offensively challenged at the moment, when that gets going the team is going to look good and it should get going as Murray has only 1 goal and Joe 2!!

Old
11-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Can fans ever give credit where credit is due when they get beat by Pittsburgh? We played a solid third period and beat your team fair and square.

You guys absolutely dominated us in the first two periods. We never gave up and came on strong in the last twenty minutes.

It seems people always blame it on the referees or how their players are being lazy. Maybe, just maybe, the Penguins aren't an ECHL expansion team. Has that thought ever crossed anyone's mind?

And I agree with whoever said this was Raycroft's weakest game of the year. But, he's a young kid. There will be ups and downs. Overall, he played well, but one or two of those goals I would have expected him to stop.

See you guys next time.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:49 AM
bb74

Does anyone know what happened to Lemieux? Only 7 mins in the game??

And btw Drury77- audio is fine for the visually impaired however I would much prefer webcast - any going to be done for the B's games ?? Maybe on the away games for the more astute franchises out there??

Finally, why doesn't Sullivan put Sandy out there with the guys hanging on Joe's back so he can take them to task - I'd prefer him giving them something to remember even if it cost 5 mins than Joe in the box for 2. Any thoughts on if Joe, by simply putting the puck on goal and crash the net solving some of the hooking / ****** issues on the ice? Pretty bad when the best player in the league can't play because the NHL loves a boring game.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:51 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb74
Does anyone know what happened to Lemieux? Only 7 mins in the game??
I believe the announcers said a hip injury. Not sure how bad it is. Probably just kept him out for precautionary measures. Hopefully he won't miss much time.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:54 AM
BlacknGold Barbarino

Gentlemen, gentlemen. If your team blew a 2-0 lead, would you be A) ripping your own team or B) praising the other guys?

If you're like the fans of ANY team in ANY sport, you're going to lay the blame on your guys.

Your team played well. Others have said as much further up in this thread. Fleury is going to be GOOD. As to Fata....sure, he could be turning over a new leaf. Or he could be off to a hot start. He was a total bust who managed to turn himself into a usable spare part. Is he now taking one more step, to legitimate top-6 forward, finally realizing his potential? Maybe. Get back to me at the All-Star break.

Closed Thread