HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

November

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 01:01 PM
Habber

vCash: 500
November

I was just taking a look at our schedule for Novemeber and it looks pretty sweet. Ottawa and Vancouver are the only really tough teams we play against (and God knows we're due for a win against the Sens)

The sched:
vs NYR
vs Edm
at Buf
vs Buf
vs Cls
at NYI
at Ott
at Van
at Cgy
at Edm
vs Van
at Was
vs Fla

I think we should be able to win at least 8 of the 13 games. This month could have a lot to with how far we're going to go this season. If we have a good month we can really gain some momentum for the rest of the season. But if we can't come out above .500 against this crop of teams, we could be in trouble.

My prediction for Nov
8-4-1

(I'm an eternal optomist)

Old
10-31-2003, 01:25 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
I was just taking a look at our schedule for Novemeber and it looks pretty sweet. Ottawa and Vancouver are the only really tough teams we play against (and God knows we're due for a win against the Sens)

The sched:
vs NYR
vs Edm
at Buf
vs Buf
vs Cls
at NYI
at Ott
at Van
at Cgy
at Edm
vs Van
at Was
vs Fla

I think we should be able to win at least 8 of the 13 games. This month could have a lot to with how far we're going to go this season. If we have a good month we can really gain some momentum for the rest of the season. But if we can't come out above .500 against this crop of teams, we could be in trouble.

My prediction for Nov
8-4-1

(I'm an eternal optomist)
I disagree. There are no easy opponents for this team, and a lot of those teams are going to be a challenge. The team hasn't played well on the road either.

I don't think the Habs are in any position, to judge another team as an easy opponent.

Old
10-31-2003, 01:52 PM
Craig52Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I disagree. There are no easy opponents for this team, and a lot of those teams are going to be a challenge. The team hasn't played well on the road either.

I don't think the Habs are in any position, to judge another team as an easy opponent.
ahhh, the greatest fault of every habs fan... when things are good, we can't stop thinking about how great the team is. when things are bad, we have no faith in their ability to go out and beat anybody.

let's at least agree that november's schedule will be easier than october's was. we do pretty well if we get the first goal and if we're playing opponents that don't tower over us (like boston and philly do, for example).

Old
10-31-2003, 02:08 PM
NWT Habs Fan

October was a tough haul to start the year, and we came out one game over 500. A pretty reasonable effort IMO. November's sched is a bit more favourable, so let's hope that the Habs can win those games that on paper they should win. I consider teams like Edmonton, Rags and the Islanders somewhat wildcards. They can be really hot some games, and nothing much the next. Depends which versions of each team we see.

Florida and Buffalo have picked their games up, but a solid team effort from the Habs should enable the good guys to prevail. This will be a critical month for sure, as those points don't get any easier to come by in March when everyone is battered, bruised and all teams are fighting hard for playoff spots and positioning.

Old
10-31-2003, 03:11 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

oh sweet November, 9 victories with Saku back

Old
10-31-2003, 03:17 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig52Rivet
ahhh, the greatest fault of every habs fan... when things are good, we can't stop thinking about how great the team is. when things are bad, we have no faith in their ability to go out and beat anybody.

let's at least agree that november's schedule will be easier than october's was. we do pretty well if we get the first goal and if we're playing opponents that don't tower over us (like boston and philly do, for example).
I don't pump the team up as Cup contenders, after a winning streak, as some do here. [I am not directing this at you] Realistically, there is no such thing as an easy schedule, and that's all I'm saying.

I also do not freak out when the team goes on a losing streak. They are playing to a level, at which their talent dictates.

There will be some winning streaks, some losing streaks but never an easy opponent.

Old
10-31-2003, 04:41 PM
skidboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs

bang on!

Old
10-31-2003, 05:51 PM
BLONG7

Nov should be a better month, due to the fact that we will get our best player back... Koivu will make us better. How many teams would have gone 6-5 in Oct without their best player??? Just curious.

Old
10-31-2003, 05:53 PM
BLONG7

as for predictions... 6w 5L and 2 ties

Old
10-31-2003, 06:04 PM
Habber

I never said or meant to imply that we have "easy" opponents, but I don't think there's any denying that this a favorable schedule, especially when compared to October.

I'd much rather be playing the teams above than another month of TO, Ott, Det, Philly and the B's.

Old
10-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
I never said or meant to imply that we have "easy" opponents, but I don't think there's any denying that this a favorable schedule, especially when compared to October.

I'd much rather be playing the teams above than another month of TO, Ott, Det, Philly and the B's.
"Easier", perhaps? Tough to say, with so much parity in the league now. I tend to agree the opponents aren't as strong, on paper. But as we know, the game ain't played on paper, is it?

Who's fighting Domi in your avatar? Blouin?

Old
10-31-2003, 09:37 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Nov should be a better month, due to the fact that we will get our best player back... Koivu will make us better. How many teams would have gone 6-5 in Oct without their best player??? Just curious.
Theo is our best player. Having Koivu in the lineup is a huge boost, but the team's success is based on the play of our netminder.

Old
11-01-2003, 07:13 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Who's fighting Domi in your avatar? Blouin?
Corson

Old
11-01-2003, 07:26 AM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
The Trashers...

Old
11-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Habs4ever

We are bottom 10 team in league talent wise!!

so don't expect any game to be easier for les boys we just don't have fire power to over power anyone at best expect wins by one goal most of the time and that could go either way, I hope habs become opportunistic and come out on top in most of close games as we'll get over powered by many opponents better then us!!

Old
11-01-2003, 09:24 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
The Trashers...
I think Kovalchuk's their best player...

Old
11-01-2003, 09:30 AM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
I think Kovalchuk's their best player...
I would take Heatly over Kovalchuk but it's a close call...

Old
11-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Guy!

Quote:
vs NYR
vs Edm
at Buf
vs Buf
vs Cls
at NYI
at Ott
at Van
at Cgy
at Edm
vs Van
at Was
vs Fla
The Rag$ are either one of the top five teams in hockey, or the bottom five, depending on the night you get them. Fortunately for all Rag-haters, the latter is far more the norm. One thing to note, they're on a bit of a roll and might pose some trouble. That said, we've finally put together a strong game and with it fresh in the players minds, they might be eager to stick to the system tonight.

The Oil are a bit of an enigma, if you ask me. There are days when I feel they should be so much better than they are, and other days when I wonder how they aren't last in hockey. Key in this game will be goaltending - will Salo be the Olympic-oh-it-hit-me-in-the-head-goal goalie, or will he be consistent.

A home and home against Buffalo is never easy, particularly with a Sabre team that's starting to play better hockey. On paper, I'd say we have a slightly better team, however on the ice, that's another story. I think these will come down to how well the Sabre goaltending is.

Columbus is a well-coached team with little in the way of talent and I'd be very disappointed to come out of that game without two points. However it'll come down to whether or not the Habs are overconfident.

Down to the Island against an Isle team that'll be looking for vengeance. We didn't deserve to win last time and they know it, so they're going to come out guns-a-blazin'. This is a team that very well could challenge for fourth in the conference, but is inconsistent enough that they might have to battle to make the playoffs.

Ottawa *should* crush us every time we play them. Then again, they should have done the same last year, and I seem to think we took two from them.

Nasty road trip continues in Vancouver where an extremely talented Canuck squad will probably decimate us. Usually when we play them in Vancouver it's a terrible game and we don't even show up.

Calgary is feisty at home and if Iggy is playing at full-tilt, it should make for a tough test for our defence.

Another game against Edmo, this time outside in front of a packed house of 55 000+. It's the end of a long road trip and we'll be extra lucky to come out with a .500 or better record. However this game will be slightly different. I'm going out on a limb to call the *star* game as a resounding win for the Oil. Gretz will dominate.

Vancouver comes to town in what will be our attempt at vengeance. It'll probably be a long night and we'll be extra pleased if we come out with a tie.

Question: will Gonch still be a Cap, or will they have a revamped defence. If it's revamped, that means the Caps will have tossed in the towel and Jagr might also be gone. If he's still there, it probably means we have a game on our hands.

Fortunately that game isn't in Florida or I'd guarantee defeat, as we suck in that state. However, that's an up and coming team with Keanan at the helm, and it's going to be a rough game. If Luongo is top-notch, we lose, if not, anything's possible.

Just some thoughts.

A concerned fan.

Old
11-01-2003, 01:24 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Columbus is a well-coached team with little in the way of talent and I'd be very disappointed to come out of that game without two points. However it'll come down to whether or not the Habs are overconfident.
Columbus is actaully okay talentwise after their off-season acquisitions... I don't think it'll be too much of a breeze playing against them.

Closed Thread