HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: new avater

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
OT: new avater

time for a change i had the same one since FEB

<<<<

Old
10-31-2003, 05:19 PM
oilflash

New avatar too!

I just got my first avatar working today too. I finally figured out how to upload it. I hope no one is already using the exact same one I have chosen. I like your new avatar HemskyFreak83. :dazzle:

Old
10-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Yorkiegirl161861

Nice avatars Hemsky and Oilflash

Old
10-31-2003, 06:01 PM
momentai

LOL, Hemsky83!

I'm on episode 22 so far. :p

Old
10-31-2003, 06:41 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
time for a change i had the same one since FEB

<<<<
I'm not an anime expert, my expertise goes as far as Ninja Scrolls, Vampire Hunter D and Spirited Away.

Where does your avatar come from?

Old
10-31-2003, 07:55 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiegirl161861
I'll second that ovation. Good looking Avatars guys. Just back from the daughter's domicile, helped ward off the tricksters by piecing off said munchkin extortionists with candy payoffs. I entertained the grandson while the six year old Lioness went stalking the neighborhood with her mom. The better half gave out the loot at the door. A little Don Cherry showed up, giving the thumbs up, wearing a suit complete with high collared shirt and a gawdy tie. Proud hockey parents, having gone all out, standing watchfully in the wings smiling. Well when we finished chuckling, needless to say, diminutive Don scored big. Six year old with staged attitude - - gotta' love it. Life is good and we are blessed in our chilly HinterLand locale on this hollowed night.

Old
10-31-2003, 09:44 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
I'm not an anime expert, my expertise goes as far as Ninja Scrolls, Vampire Hunter D and Spirited Away.

vampire hunter D is one of the best movies ever. i'm actually surprised that someone other than me has actually seen it (you have good taste!)... you might also want to check out Fist of the North Star and Blood: the Last Vampire (extra violent).

as far as avatars go i think i'm due for a change as well but i'm having a hard time showing myself up...

Old
10-31-2003, 10:22 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
vampire hunter D is one of the best movies ever. i'm actually surprised that someone other than me has actually seen it (you have good taste!)... you might also want to check out Fist of the North Star and Blood: the Last Vampire (extra violent).

as far as avatars go i think i'm due for a change as well but i'm having a hard time showing myself up...
His avatar is Makunouchi Ippo (the Bear killer) just like it says above avatar, its a boxing sports anime never watched it myself but is supposed to have a decent fan following. LD your one sick puppy liking those movies(I like them too ) + your avatar *shivers* Vampire Hunter D is so old school and a little boring(still good) but now as for Fist of the North Star is what got me into anime there is just something so cool about one little finger poke making somebodies head explode. Judging by your tastes you should look for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust(10 times better than original), Berserk(25 episode series fantastic), and a new Fist of the North Star tv series came out this year.

Old
11-01-2003, 02:44 AM
Vyse64
N64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12

i seen the ninja scrolls movies thats about it

anyway its from an anime called Hajime No Ippo or sometimes its called the First step in japan
http://www.animeacademy.com/library/...imenoippo.html
good site for anime reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
LOL, Hemsky83!

I'm on episode 22 so far. :p
i finished watching the series with the movie champion road (don't watch it until u finish the series) and the OVA (Mashiba vs. Kimura) it doesn't spoil anything so its good to watch if u want more ippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
His avatar is Makunouchi Ippo (the Bear killer) just like it says above avatar, its a boxing sports anime never watched it myself but is supposed to have a decent fan following. LD your one sick puppy liking those movies(I like them too ) + your avatar *shivers*
yup thats right its Makunouchi Ippo
btw LD i always like your avater u had during the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiegirl161861
thanks YorkieGirl

Old
11-01-2003, 03:52 AM
Yorkiegirl161861

I have a folder on my computer just for avatars. I belong to different forums and each have different avatar size limits, so I have different ones handy. I lurk far more than I post, but I like having a large choice of avatars.

Old
11-01-2003, 05:52 AM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
I think we are all going a little avatar crazy lately. Ha ha.

Old
11-01-2003, 05:59 AM
Allan

Use this to scale pics down:
http://download.com.com/3000-2192-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1
That way you can use any pic you want.
The max here is 125 X 125.

Old
11-01-2003, 06:02 AM
Vyse64
N64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Use this to scale pics down:
http://download.com.com/3000-2192-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1
That way you can use any pic you want.
The max here is 125 X 125.
thanks man now I can do my own avaters

Old
11-01-2003, 06:06 AM
Obsessed

Dam you guys make me feel old... Not even one mention of the most classic of all... AKIRA!! Vampire-D was pretty tame compared to most. I almost rented Animatrix the other day but I dont know if its any good. Has anybody seen it?

Guy, try searching for a program called Irfanview. Its a photoshop type program that allows you to resize your Gifs and Jpegs. Try www.tucows.com

Old
11-01-2003, 07:00 AM
momentai

Quote:
i finished watching the series with the movie champion road (don't watch it until u finish the series) and the OVA (Mashiba vs. Kimura) it doesn't spoil anything so its good to watch if u want more ippo
Yeah, I watched the champion road movie first before watching the series. My friend bought the movie in downtown china town.

Old
11-01-2003, 07:02 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
I almost rented Animatrix the other day but I dont know if its any good. Has anybody seen it?
Watched it. Not really anything amazing in regards to storyline, though. It's just a bunch of short stories detailing some past events in the matrix. The CG graphics are top notch though. It's probably more of a rent than a buy.

Old
11-01-2003, 07:24 AM
Vyse64
N64

Quote:
Yeah, I watched the champion road movie first before watching the series. My friend bought the movie in downtown china town.
too bad the first part of the movie, spoils the ending of the series

Old
11-01-2003, 10:54 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Judging by your tastes you should look for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust(10 times better than original), Berserk(25 episode series fantastic), and a new Fist of the North Star tv series came out this year.
thanks! i'll look for those. i had no idea there was an updated Vampire Hunter D... now i'm all excited!

Quote:
Dam you guys make me feel old... Not even one mention of the most classic of all... AKIRA!! Vampire-D was pretty tame compared to most. I almost rented Animatrix the other day but I dont know if its any good. Has anybody seen it?
i think Akira is "understood" as top rung when discussing anime. actually, i'm surprised if forgot to mention it. I also forgot the best anime series of all time: Battle of the Planets aka Gatchaman aka G-Force! GO FIERY PHOENIX! (vb knows what i'm talking about).

as far as Animatrix... it's "ok". some of it is astounding but it is also lacking in places. i liked it enough to buy it but i'm a huge nerd.

Old
11-01-2003, 10:59 AM
gretzky2kurri

I'm old......

Old
11-01-2003, 11:02 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I'm old......
ha! you're only as old as you act. i have two kids and more grey hair than i'll openly admit but i still play video games and watch cartoons.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:08 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
ha! you're only as old as you act. i have two kids and more grey hair than i'll openly admit but i still play video games and watch cartoons.
I know every word in monsters inc.......does that count?

Got kids also.

Like video games too. Got NHL 2004. It's got glitches though. Brewer hits!

I traded Comrie for Derek Morris (yeah I wish) and Morris gets into a fight every bloody period! And nobody EVER gets injured! Injuries are on full too.

I need the adversity.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:23 AM
momentai

Quote:
too bad the first part of the movie, spoils the ending of the series
I didn't mind it too much, though. I probably won't remember that by the time I reach episode 76. That final fight in that movie was something else... Haha, when I was watching the movie, I called for the body punch after the first blocked dempsey roll. :p

Old
11-01-2003, 11:25 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Like video games too. Got NHL 2004. It's got glitches though. Brewer hits!

I traded Comrie for Derek Morris (yeah I wish) and Morris gets into a fight every bloody period! And nobody EVER gets injured! Injuries are on full too.

I need the adversity.
Nobody ever gets injured. LOL. In the Sega series, you'll be lucky to survive one game without some kind of injury in a franchise mode. Quite the contrast.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:33 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Nobody ever gets injured. LOL. In the Sega series, you'll be lucky to survive one game without some kind of injury in a franchise mode. Quite the contrast.
Well I had one. Yorkie out for about THIRTY games! Couldn't find out the type of injury though.......anyone know how? Just suddenly the next game......he's not in the line up! Just a red cross by his name.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Marconius

Quote:

Guy, try searching for a program called Irfanview. Its a photoshop type program that allows you to resize your Gifs and Jpegs. Try www.tucows.com

i had a buddy teaching English in Japan and he sent me an authentic akira comicbook in Japanese (Its not a first edition or antyhing, but pretty cool, methinks). I got some wierd looks when I started showing that off...

Closed Thread