HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Need some advice on my yahoo fantasy league

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 02:11 PM
JOE_SCHMOE

vCash: 500
Need some advice on my yahoo fantasy league

Okay, I picked up Gaborik three days ago on waivers, now he's signed and the guy who dropped him wants him back.

We get points based on g, a, +/-, pims, pppts, shpts, gwgs and fws for skaters and wins, gaa, svs and svpct for goalies.

We get two players at each forward posn, 3 Dmen, a goalie, 2 utilities (can be any skaters) and 2 bench spots (skater or goalie).

Here's my line-up.
C-Thornton, Fedorov
RW-Iginla, R. Fata
LW-Smyth, Nedved
D-Jovo, Foote, Kuba,
Util-Legwand, Reinprecht
G-Vokoun
Bench-Gaborik, DiPietro

As you can tell, I'm set on LW, C and D and now that Gaborik is singed I'm very strong on RW given the start that Fata has had. My question to you people is do ya think I'm good enough in net (the early season stats say I'm not)?

I can pick up Belfour and Handzus for Gaborik, DiPietro and Reinprecht, but is it worth it?
The things I'm trying to weigh here are -
1)wether or not Fata will beable to keep up anything near the pace he's going at right now, he's winning draws, playing 18mins a game including PP and PK
2)wether or not Belfour will be that big of an up-grade over Vokoun as my #1 goalie (we only get to start 1 guy a night and we've got a max of 82 gms combined to work with). I'm gonna keep Vokoun, but will Belfour repeat the numbers he put up last season, he's had a rough start.
3)is Handzus really an up-grade over Reinprecht? I think he is, he's taking a ton of draws, is scoring and is always a plus player; mind you reinprecht is doing all that too, besides the face-offs.
4)is the potential up-grade at C and between the pipes (if Belfour is really an up-grade over Vokoun as a #1) big enough to make up for the huge potential down-grade at RW between Gaborik and Fata?

Lots of questions I know, but you guys have always been up for the challenge. Look forward to some knowledgable responses.

Peace

Old
10-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
keep Gaborik

belfour not really a upgrade with stats just wins

i don't think Fata will keep up his pace

keep reinprecht he been paired with with Iggy now as far as I know

Closed Thread