HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sutherby scratched/lineup changes

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 03:42 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Sutherby scratched/lineup changes

Time for the latest round of line and lineup changes from the hole in the head, i mean hole in the wall gang behind the caps bench.

Willsie-Lang-Jagr
Semin-Zubrus-Bondra
Grier-Halpern-Battaglia
Pettinger-Gordon-Peat
Scratched.......
Sutherby and Miller...Miller has cleared waivers and can be sent to Portland.

Too bad that Cassidy didn't realize that having three career minor leaguers and a rookie on defense every game wasn't a reason to keep a checking line together before they sent Konowalchuk packing. Cassidy has finally totally bagged his plan to keep a big guy, Grier and Battaglia most recently on a top line. The good news is that Grier goes back to Halpern and Semin-Zubrus-Bondra look like an explosive unit. The bad news is there is a waiver pickup on the first line with Lang and Jagr.
I had a Ciernik flashback when I saw that. Another one when I saw that Miller might be Portland bound.

One last point. I think we all are impressed to one level or another by Eminger. He has played well, but you need to look only as far as his -8
to see that it would be much better if he were not second on the defense in minutes played just yet.

Old
10-31-2003, 04:56 AM
Sports Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sports Junkie
Bye Miller. Hopefully. Willsie is not Ciernik thankfully. He is a good player who was the odd man out due to the depth of young forwards in COL. If Cassidy lets these lines play together a few games maybe we'll see some change for the positive. That is a big IF. Too much tinkering. Let them play together more than 4 or 5 shifts I say. That 2nd line could be interesting.

Old
10-31-2003, 05:08 AM
kutdacheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Too bad that Cassidy didn't realize that having three career minor leaguers and a rookie on defense every game wasn't a reason to keep a checking line together before they sent Konowalchuk packing.
If never fails to amaze me how many of you $parc fans criticize your coach for player moves. Maybe he does make them in Washington, but I don't think so. I know that PHat Teddy Log-on does a lot of strange things in regard to running a team . . . but I'm betting that Geo. McFLY still carries the 'fool' responsibility for player moves.
And wasn't Geo. McFLY quoted as saying he had already told Konowalchuk that he would not be offered a contract and the end of the season? Konowalchuk was reported to have sold his home . . . so it looks like McFLY already had that deal a brewing . . . don't you think?

Quote:
The bad news is there is a waiver pickup on the first line with Lang and Jagr. I had a Ciernik flashback when I saw that. Another one when I saw that Miller might be Portland bound.
All that a coach can do is play the personnel he is handed. Those that support the GM beyond a reasonable doubt can portray the roster as being someone else's responsibility . . . but it really isn't. It's solely McFLY's.

Quote:
One last point. I think we all are impressed to one level or another by Eminger. He has played well, but you need to look only as far as his -8 to see that it would be much better if he were not second on the defense in minutes played just yet.
Txpd . . . for two years most of your postings have been to heap moocho criticism on Jagr and conversely, heaping moocho praise on Kolzig. It's in fashion right now to heap it all on Jagr mostly because it's easy. People love to kick those rich guys in the ribs, especially when they are down. However, when looking at Eminger's MINUS 8 . . . IMHO, much of that comes from the goaltender you have heaped praise on for so many years. He's the major one who is stinking up the joint.
Here's my question to you: Eighteen-year old MAF shutout the Blackhawks and brought his record behind a defense that I'd think you would admit is worse than the $parc to 2-2-2. His GAA is 1.96 . . . his SV% is .946 for crêpes sake.
You $parc continue playing Olie the Goalie with his GAA of 3.45 . . . and a SV% of .859! Now, you can't blame Cassidy for that because his only choice is Kolzig or Charpentier. Although Kolzig's SV% is worse than Sabastien Charpentier's I mean, Charpentier is no treat to get you guys out of the funk you are in, is he?
Do some of you guys need to be hit over the head with a freaking hammer!
Why wouldn't you fans be screaming for Maxime Ouellet? Czech his stats out in Portland.

Kolzig has picked up right where he left off last season losing four in a row to the DEADbolts. There are not very many goalies playing any worse than Kolzig right now . . . and that includes the backup goalies.

Old
10-31-2003, 08:23 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Junkie
Bye Miller. Hopefully. Willsie is not Ciernik thankfully. He is a good player who was the odd man out due to the depth of young forwards in COL. If Cassidy lets these lines play together a few games maybe we'll see some change for the positive. That is a big IF. Too much tinkering. Let them play together more than 4 or 5 shifts I say. That 2nd line could be interesting.
Well, it's awfully nice of you to praise the Avs organization for their depth, and that's true to a degree, but even without depth, Willsie was kind of on the outs after two years of showing nothing as a member of the Avs. While he was impressive in the AHL, he could never translate any of his game to the NHL level. When he was called up to the big show he always tried to skirt the line between being a mucker/grinder type and a scoring forward--more often than not he just looked lost and indecisive.

Don't get me wrong, I wish Willsie the best, but I just don't think he'll ever be more than a career AHLer.

Old
10-31-2003, 08:56 AM
txpd

Brian Willsie=Glen Metropolit

Old
10-31-2003, 09:24 AM
Sports Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sports Junkie
Thanks for the feedback re: Willsie. That is a little different than how I saw him discussed when he was picked up. I think it is a little early in Willsie's career to equate him to Metro. It is obvious Cassidy is trying anything he can at this point.

Old
10-31-2003, 01:22 PM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
I like Grier-Halpern-Battaglia

Old
11-01-2003, 10:49 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
I think Pettinger deserves a shot up there with Lang and Jagr. Keep the 2nd line the same same with the 3rd.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:33 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number67
I think Pettinger deserves a shot up there with Lang and Jagr. Keep the 2nd line the same same with the 3rd.
Give it time. if pettinger has not played with jagr, yet, and i think he has, he will by next week.

Closed Thread