HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets give the kids a chance

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 06:55 AM
Habs4Cup

Location: Montreal, the only city where Stanley Cups come in cases of 24
vCash: 500
Lets give the kids a chance

We're talking about the youth mouvement... but what youth mouvement?? Hossa's playing on the 4th, Hainsey sees more time on the press box than on the ice.

It's obvious that we won't make the playoffs... so why keep the old, rotten guys on the line-up? Give the ice-time to the kids, bring back Komy, Plakenec, Perezogin and Higgins and give them a chance. All the other teams do it... why in Montreal are we unable to have confidence in the younger players?

Please toss Juneau, Dackell, Sundstom and Quintal in the garbage and build for the future.

Old
11-03-2003, 06:59 AM
Playr050

Send a message via AIM to Playr050
Ryder, Ribeiro, and Hossa make up one-half our top 6. I think the kids are getting a chance.

Old
11-03-2003, 07:18 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Cup
We're talking about the youth mouvement... but what youth mouvement?? Hossa's playing on the 4th, Hainsey sees more time on the press box than on the ice.

It's obvious that we won't make the playoffs... so why keep the old, rotten guys on the line-up? Give the ice-time to the kids, bring back Komy, Plakenec, Perezogin and Higgins and give them a chance. All the other teams do it... why in Montreal are we unable to have confidence in the younger players?

Please toss Juneau, Dackell, Sundstom and Quintal in the garbage and build for the future.
Juneau and Dackell in the scrap heap? Are you watching the games?

Seriously, why would gainey entertain any notion of doing the above, which would surely mean giving up any shot we have at getting a playoff round ($$$).

Old
11-03-2003, 07:49 AM
Darz

First off the playoffs are a possiblity and management isn't about to throw away the year thinking it is not.
Also there are different ways to go through a youth movement. I don't beleive you should throw 10-12 rookies on the ice and say hey we're going through a youth movement. You have to bring along your prospects slowly, giving them a chance to suceed and learn the pro game at a proper pace. Each prospect must be looked at indiviually and only be given a chance at the NHL level when they prove they are ready. They must also earn their spot at the NHL level, and only keep it if their play deems they should. Higgins, Koimsarek along with others will get their shots and will hopefully nail down regualr NHL jobs sooner than later, but lets not rush them along too quickly. We must handle with care.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:52 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Cup

Have you actually watched any games this year?

Hossa's on the 2nd line, not the 4th. Hainsey's played 7 out of 12. Juneau and Dackell have been two of our best forwards.

And who are these phantom "other teams" that apparently have more confidence in their youngsters than us?

We have had 6 relative rookies playing this year. 3 forwards in the top 6, a d-man who plays the PP, and a tender that's going to get 20-25 starts. I don't know of many other teams with this kind of youht in their lineup.

We are doing pretty well right now considering our tough schedule, and have a shot at making the playoffs. Throwing the season away by playing a whole ton of rookies is not a step in the right direction.

Old
11-03-2003, 12:14 PM
Capitano

Although the playoffs remain a possibility, I wouldn't be willing to bet on that. Also, there are a lot of guys on this team that are passengers on the bus. Dackell has been playing well, but I haven't like Juneau personally. He has played a few good games but nothing special. Hainsey should be playing 100% of the time, not 7 out of 12. Perreault needs to go, Audette needs to go, and either Quintal or Rivet need to go. I think a guy like Bulis should be playing more than a guy like Dackell. I think a guy like Hainsey should be playing more than a guy like Bouillon. Is Bouillon going to help us make the playoffs???!!!

Cap

Old
11-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playr050
Ryder, Ribeiro, and Hossa make up one-half our top 6. I think the kids are getting a chance.
Is Ribeiro a rookie, he's 24!!! The guy is obviously not a good NHLer, misses open nets every game. Remember the game he had two break aways and couldn't register a single shot on the net. Missed an open net last game.

Trade him and give Plekanec a chance, send Audette to hamilton and give Perezhogin a chance.

Old
11-03-2003, 12:26 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
Although the playoffs remain a possibility, I wouldn't be willing to bet on that. Also, there are a lot of guys on this team that are passengers on the bus. Dackell has been playing well, but I haven't like Juneau personally. He has played a few good games but nothing special. Hainsey should be playing 100% of the time, not 7 out of 12. Perreault needs to go, Audette needs to go, and either Quintal or Rivet need to go. I think a guy like Bulis should be playing more than a guy like Dackell. I think a guy like Hainsey should be playing more than a guy like Bouillon. Is Bouillon going to help us make the playoffs???!!!

Cap
According to the way I've seen Hainsey play so far, Boullion will definitely help more. Hainsey just looks competely lost on the defensive zone coverage at times, and spends an awful lot of time with his back to his man, watching the play.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Hainsey fulfils all the promise. Right now (hopefully) it's just a little inexperience showing.

Old
11-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Lewis63

All we are saying
is give kids a chance

All we are saying
is give kids a chance

Old
11-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Traitor8

Audette has this year and next year with us too so management is trying to get him going... if he only had 1 year left..he would be bought out... we are paying him 3 M so let's see what he can do... and Plekanec is no way ready for the Nhl..neither is Higgins..or Perezhogin(Looked lost, still adjusting to NA style)

WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR GUYS:

Quintal,Perrault,Juneau,Dackell,Audette(Buy out),Chow(Contract) and McKay(Contract) are all leaving us...

I see one of Ribeiro/Koivu being traded..... I just have that feeling...

Hossa-Koivu-Kastitsyn
Ryder-Plekanec-Zednik
Bulis-Higgins-Perezhogin
Kilger-Begin-Ward

Brisebois-Hainsey
Rivet-Markov
Komisarek-Souray

Theodore

Closed Thread