HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Lavar Arrington

Old
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Phil333

vCash: 500
OT - Lavar Arrington

YES!!!!!!

Mods, please lock if too oftopic. Sorry.

Phil333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Thats alot of fishnagles, lets see him actually stay healthy and play with some consistency before you start cheerleading this move, IMO.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 10:41 AM
nyr7andcounting

**** yea. if he stays healthy him and Pierce are a force. Arrington can create turnovers and rush the qb, we haven't had that at LB for a while.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:15 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
This is good news.

This is very, very good news.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:33 AM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Best D in the league now?

Best Line. If healthy, Best LBs. Average Secondary (maybe a litte better than average, we will have to see).

I'm excited for this year. Who will they take in the draft now?

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:42 AM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
If we now draft another DT in the first round, hopefully a mammoth run blocking space eater like Gabe Watson or so, our defense will be really good. Another young cb and another olb for depth would really put our defense over the top.

MidnightRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:50 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
Best D in the league now?

Best Line. If healthy, Best LBs. Average Secondary (maybe a litte better than average, we will have to see).

I'm excited for this year. Who will they take in the draft now?
Sorry, but the best D in the league belongs to my 'Skins. Without a doubt, the nastiest, meanest, knock the snot out of anyone defense. With 3 headhunters in the starting secondary (Taylor, Archuletta & Rodgers), it will not be only the Eagles recievers who develop alligator arms.
As for Lavarr, and this is not sour grapes, he is a great talent, but he will never, ever live up to it. He has never lived up to the promise that he showed in Penn State. He has has had issues with 2 of the best defensive coaches in the NFL, in Williams and Lewis before him. Do you think that it is a wonder why he lasted so long in free agency?
The sole way that he is effective is if he is allowed to free-lance. And that is not a staple of the Caughlin defense. He is utterly incapable of playing within a system. For all the kill-shots that he goes for, if he misses (which is much more frequent that Sportcenter shows), he misses the tacke and the runner goes by him.
The 'Skins had one of the top defensese and Arrington was benched for half the year. Oh yeah, there is that gimpy knee of his which has bothered him every since he had surgery two years ago.
It is a good signing by the Giants, but not as fantastic as you would believe. Take it from me. I have watched him ever since his Penn State days and every game that he has played for the Redskins. He is largely a case of wasted talent and potential. He is very good only on his own. He could have been so much more.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Balej20*

Giants in '06?

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 01:26 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Giants in '06?

Gonna be the 3rd championship for New York!!

Rangers, Yankees or Mets (I would much rather Yankees), and the G-men!

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 01:29 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Sorry to rain on your parade Giants fans but it's Bengals all the way!

Anyway the Giants are looking mighty good and TB, Rams fans tell me that Archuleta is so over-rated. They find it nauseating that he got that contract. But at any rate the skins are a solid club on defense. Wonder what they're going to do at QB this year.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 03:02 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Anyway the Giants are looking mighty good and TB, Rams fans tell me that Archuleta is so over-rated. They find it nauseating that he got that contract. But at any rate the skins are a solid club on defense. Wonder what they're going to do at QB this year.
Archuletta is over-rated, 'tis true. However, he fits in perfectly with the "knock the snot out of you on every hit" mentality that Williams demands from his players. Williams will use him in the box, not to try to cover recievers, which is his weakness.
As for the QB, it is only a matter of time until Campbell steps in.

Old
04-22-2006, 03:04 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

vilma is still better

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 04:55 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Archuletta is over-rated, 'tis true. However, he fits in perfectly with the "knock the snot out of you on every hit" mentality that Williams demands from his players. Williams will use him in the box, not to try to cover recievers, which is his weakness.
As for the QB, it is only a matter of time until Campbell steps in.
Sorry but the most intimidating Division player in the secondary belongs to Dallas in Roy Williams. They have better CB's than Washington or the Giants. Arrington is a good player but like you said, can he stay on the field. That is a cap killing contract if this guy doesn't work out. As much as Dallas needs a LB, I didn't want them to sign this guy. He said he'd never play with Dallas anyway. As far as being a Dallas fan, I NEVER feared that they were going against Arrington in Washington. He'd make a few plays here and there but never really dominated. To get $7M a year, I think you'd have to be a proven dominate player. Good player but not for that much money.

What are these players still doing with the Postons?

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman
vilma is still better
Agreed

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:08 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Sorry but the most intimidating Division player in the secondary belongs to Dallas in Roy Williams. They have better CB's than Washington or the Giants. Arrington is a good player but like you said, can he stay on the field. That is a cap killing contract if this guy doesn't work out. As much as Dallas needs a LB, I didn't want them to sign this guy. He said he'd never play with Dallas anyway. As far as being a Dallas fan, I NEVER feared that they were going against Arrington in Washington. He'd make a few plays here and there but never really dominated. To get $7M a year, I think you'd have to be a proven dominate player. Good player but not for that much money.

What are these players still doing with the Postons?

well he is not your only problem when your facing the giants so whatever your cowgirl and forskin fans think watch out for the big blue wreaking crew is going to cut you down to size and if T.O. doesn't ruin your team team the fat man will! and eff the freakin beagles too!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:11 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Roy Williams could not cover the rain if he had a giant umbrella. Ask Shockey about it.

MidnightRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:13 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm
Roy Williams could not cover the rain if he had a giant umbrella. Ask Shockey about it.
Shockey doesn't need to be covered, he drops the ball. All Roy has to do is go "BBBBBOOOOO"

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:15 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Shockey doesn't need to be covered, he drops the ball. All Roy has to do is go "BBBBBOOOOO"

if a word fu$% the dallas cowgirls!!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:57 PM
shoothepuck

Go Miami

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 07:11 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Sorry but the most intimidating Division player in the secondary belongs to Dallas in Roy Williams. They have better CB's than Washington or the Giants. ?
Ahh..no. Roy Williams is not more on an intimadator than Sean Taylor (ask the Eagles recievers...and Terry Glenn). And the Dallas CB's (them and Williams are still looking for Santana Moss) do not compare to Sean Springs and Carlos Rodgers.
I agree with the rest. Giant fans will find out the hard way about Arrington. It's sad really. So much talent. And he is about as uncoachable as TO is. Can't make it work with either Gregg Williams or Marvin Lewis? Come on.