HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL Injury Updates (merged)

Old
04-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Jagr Injury Updates

Here's the thread...I'm off to work guys, any update on Our Team's condition (Jaromir Jagr), goes here. I'm expecting a lot of news by the time I get home at 4 in the morning.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Crease

I initially thought he sprained his wrist, but you don't dangle your entire arm like that if you have a wrist injury...

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:41 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Were already bad enough now, we cant lose him, that was just a horrible game

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:42 PM
BigE

With or without him we're not going to beat this Devils club.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Steve L*

Its going to be a separated shoulder or a dislocated elbow but will be announced as a lower body injury.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:44 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

This team is a joke. They cannot defend their best player, Jagr was freakin banged around all night, and quite honestly, he was freakin so pissed that he had to defend himself out there. He ripped Rafalski's helmet off. He went after Pandolfo a few times. He threw a punch at Gomez. Hey guys, it was no question going in, but as I predicted, the lack of toughness has finally taken its full toll.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:45 PM
insider
@MarkF_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
With or without him we're not going to beat this Devils club.
I think otherwise...

insider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:49 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider
I think otherwise...

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:56 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
This team is a joke. They cannot defend their best player, Jagr was freakin banged around all night, and quite honestly, he was freakin so pissed that he had to defend himself out there. He ripped Rafalski's helmet off. He went after Pandolfo a few times. He threw a punch at Gomez. Hey guys, it was no question going in, but as I predicted, the lack of toughness has finally taken its full toll.
Yep the devs went after Jagr all game long but they did it good without getting any penaltys. Rangers however just played plain stupid taking penaltys all the time for no reason.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:57 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
You know TBBB I haven't agreed with what you've said much this season but your dead on with this post. That last run Madden took at Jagr should have woken the team up. Instead Jagr, who was hooked, held, and pounded all night finally had to stand up for himself which lead to the injury. Renney and Jagr's teammates have no one to blame but themselves for Jagr getting injured.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Melrose just said "upper body injury"

that's all the rangers released.

I'm so stunned right now, this is unreal.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Hopefully it's not serious. Although I don't think we're done if he misses some time. I'm curious to see this team without Jagr in the lineup to be honest. Maybe we can play more of a team game then just overfeeding Jagr nonstop.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Sometimes it takes a good ol' *** whooping for a team to wake up.
only problem is that this is our 6th straight loss and the devils 11th or 12th win in a row

im goin to the game on monday i just hope the rangers show up

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:00 PM
bymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule
Melrose just said "upper body injury"

that's all the rangers released.

I'm so stunned right now, this is unreal.
If you think about the slide and glide to the last game of the regular season this wasn't so much of a surprise.

If Jagr is out we only have 3 games to go - I mean w/ Prucha on the 4th line and everybody else warming up seats on the PK's this is gonna be one long snooze. 7 years for THIS BS?

bymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:01 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
well there are a few of us who have been screaming for north american grit but were told by others that this is the team that got us there? well now there is you proof! no grinders and only two guys who take the body with any authority and you just get outplayed and outworked! its been a thorn in my side all year! i like a rough type of game and some seem to think that playing the style we have played all year would get us through, well we are now in very big trouble and if jagr is hurt for any length of time we are done!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:01 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
It's only one game.

The Rangers have lost 10 consecutive Game 1's in the playoffs.

In 1997 we lost 3-0 to the Panthers in Game 1...Game 2 we won 3-0. We lost 2-0 to NJ in Game 1...Game 2 we won 2-0. Game 1 vs Philadelphia we lost 3-1 (i think) and Game 2 we won 5-4.

Sometimes it takes a good ol' *** whooping for a team to wake up.
And it's only your best player? Your whole team maybe? It shouldn't take a good ol *** whooping, seriously, it shouldn't take more than Rafalski taking a whack at Jagr or maybe Madden trying to send Jagr to the hospital leaving his feet to tackle him. Or go back to the 1st period! It shouldn't take more than a dirty Colin White check from behind

Old
04-22-2006, 06:02 PM
zedcorrado

I would have said the same thing...it's only one game...but jagr's arm looked serious. I bet he sits monday, maybe more. all that hard, smart hockey this season to just piss it away like today. I hope I am wrong, but i thinks its over johnny

zedcorrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:03 PM
rangers

Why is Renney playing Jagr on the PK with less than 5 mins to go in a 1-5 stinker?

rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:04 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Why does this type stuff not surprise me anymore? A loss = bashing and jump for your lives type thinking. In the playoffs every player is attacked. This is ONE game and if you people think the Devils will dominate like that all through this series then you know nothing about this team. It was their first playoff game in seven years. I expect a more composed and better team as we get deeper in the series.

The Devils won not because they were the better checking(tougher) team but because they were on the powerplay most of the night.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:04 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers
Why is Renney playing Jagr on the PK with less than 5 mins to go in a 1-5 stinker?
He just said he wanted to get him some practice, because he's gonna be playing on the PK alot more. Sorry, not anymore Tom, YOU GOT HIM HURT.

Old
04-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
well there are a few of us who have been screaming for north american grit but were told by others that this is the team that got us there? well now there is you proof! no grinders and only two guys who take the body with any authority and you just get outplayed and outworked! its been a thorn in my side all year! i like a rough type of game and some seem to think that playing the style we have played all year would get us through, well we are now in very big trouble and if jagr is hurt for any length of time we are done!
i wont disagree, i didnt want ozo at the deadline and i certainly hoped we would at a physical d-man or a sizeable winger from st.louis like a mayers or dallas drake, or just anyone who may play with some edge

i can live with the losing, as long as there is an effort we had effort from possibly 3 guys tonight in hollweg, jagr, and moore and ill give prucha and sykora a pass because they were barely on the ice to give an effort

renney has got to develop a gameplan, i defintely expect to see orr in the lineup at least we know what we will get from his, some physical play

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:06 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Why does this type stuff not surprise me anymore? A loss = bashing and jump for your lives type thinking. In the playoffs every player is attacked. This is ONE game and if you people think the Devils will dominate like that all through this series then you know nothing about this team. It was their first playoff game in seven years. I expect a more composed and better team as we get deeper in the series.

The Devils won not because they were the better checking(tougher) team but because they were on the powerplay most of the night.
Yes and they were on the powerplay most of the night, because the team does not play tough, they use their stick and hook and take those dumb penalties. And sure, you could make the argument that it's just one game, but I'm sorry pal, one game means a whole lot in this time of year

Old
04-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Lupul*

So, any update?

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR2

Quote:
He just said he wanted to get him some practice, because he's gonna be playing on the PK alot more. Sorry, not anymore Tom, YOU GOT HIM HURT.
I'm still sitting here like this over that comment.

NYR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MiZZZike*

Send a message via AIM to MiZZZike* Send a message via MSN to MiZZZike*
I'm not going to say Jagr deserved what happened but when you try elbowing someone in the face you get what you get.

MiZZZike* is offline   Reply With Quote