HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ALL Injury Updates (merged)

Old
04-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
i wont disagree, i didnt want ozo at the deadline and i certainly hoped we would at a physical d-man or a sizeable winger from st.louis like a mayers or dallas drake, or just anyone who may play with some edge

i can live with the losing, as long as there is an effort we had effort from possibly 3 guys tonight in hollweg, jagr, and moore and ill give prucha and sykora a pass because they were barely on the ice to give an effort

renney has got to develop a gameplan, i defintely expect to see orr in the lineup at least we know what we will get from his, some physical play
Mayers would've been a nice pickup

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:08 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Not an excuse, but the Devils got some lucky bounces.

The Hockey God's sure don't like the Rangers.

But maybe the Jagr injury will wake the team up and realize that they have to contribute as well, not just Jagr. Hopefully.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr7andcounting

upper body injury, renney doesn't know the extent. Jagr still in locker room, didn't leave to a hospital or something like that. Renney PC on MSG

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
The Devils won not because they were the better checking(tougher) team but because they were on the powerplay most of the night.
and how did the Devils manage to have powerplay most of the night?

bymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:10 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Ten times the pickup that Marcel Hossa or Sandis Ozolinsh were. That's for sure.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Oh well. If hes lost you know no one on this team is capable of taking some offensive innitiative so we might as well mail it in. At least lets break a couple of arms and legs and that way the devils can join our misery. Gomez and Gionta seem like easy enough targets, but the blood I want is BRODEUR'S.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZZZike
I'm not going to say Jagr deserved what happened but when you try elbowing someone in the face you get what you get.
It was not an elbow. It was a punch

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:11 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm
Oh well. If hes lost you know no one on this team is capable of taking some offensive innitiative so we might as well mail it in. At least lets break a couple of arms and legs and that way the devils can join our misery. Gomez and Gionta seem like easy enough targets, but the blood I want is BRODEUR'S.
Wow man, this is the Rangers, don't get too out of character here, we won't even dish out a clean check, don't get over yourself now.

Old
04-22-2006, 05:14 PM
NYRfan68

How bad did it look?
According to how bad it looked, does it look like he'll be out.

NYRfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:17 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk
How bad did it look?
According to how bad it looked, does it look like he'll be out.
He looked like he was in a lot of paoin, I think he'll be out the rest of the series. Blame: The team refuses to protect Jagr.

Old
04-22-2006, 05:30 PM
ihatenewjersey

Quote:

ihatenewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:32 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I cant believe how excite4d i was for this game only to be responding to this thread 3 and half hours later.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:51 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by insider
I think otherwise...
Well, you'll be disappointed. We've gotten a lot better, but we're not a playoff team.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Meth Elvis

Quote:
At least lets break a couple of arms and legs and that way the devils can join our misery. Gomez and Gionta seem like easy enough targets, but the blood I want is BRODEUR'S.
Wow......

Meth Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Geogaddi

ofcourse ozo and hossa are going to be the easy scape-goats for whom should be dismissed from this club...but watching this game hossa was one of the only guys actually making a hustle (probably going to get flamed for that) but its true. Were set with the team we have. Shoulda coulda woulda is great to talk about...but theres nothing we can change...the only help for the "toughness" aspect of the game is to bring in Colton Orr for whom will most likely play with Jason Ward out with an injury. If Jagr is hurt, which is a huge hole to fill, where Petr Sykora will most likely be moved up or Prucha. We cant give in already and start crying over one game...it is a 7 game series...not one game that decides it all as in Fooseball. There is hope...and that hope goes towards Jagr being back (crosses fingers) and the Rangers rebounding and showing some RANGER PRIDE in this next game. Trust me im as mad as the next ranger fan...but we have to back the team...now LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:04 PM
jcrangerno1

While this will come off as INSANE by most people - maybe a game without Jagr would force some of these guys to step up and stop feeding him on EVERY play. Look at the Devils goals today - at least 3 if not 4 were scored by putting someone in front and throwing it on net. Detroit won in OT last night by THROWING IT ON NET. Our PP is a joke right now (we may as well decline the next few at this rate). I REFUSE to give up - but if this is not a wakeup call then I don't know what is.

I say give Immonen some time and get Orr back in the lineup. It seems that Ward is hurting as well. At this point no one should be safe or comfortable!!

jcrangerno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers
Why is Renney playing Jagr on the PK with less than 5 mins to go in a 1-5 stinker?
I was at the game and me a few other Rangers fans were asking the same question, your down 5-1 with minutes left, what was Renney hoping to do?

04-22-2006, 06:09 PM
jcrangerno1

Just another point here...

I find it amazing how many people have really gone over the deep end here . Yes today was UGLY (it was even worse in person - trust me); but they are not as bad as they played today. This will show what they are made of for sure - but to say they have no chance is (in my mind) way too defeatist!!! I agree with one big point Don Legrecca (sorry if it is not spelled right) said - sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you start rebounding. Game 2 should say alot!!!

Old
04-22-2006, 06:09 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
I was at the game and me a few other Rangers fans were asking the same question, your down 5-1 with minutes left, what was Renney hoping to do?
Improve the Rangers draft position by losing in the 1st round?

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:11 PM
jcrangerno1

His official comment was "practice"; he is our best player and we may need him to kill penalties as the series goes on. Dunno about that one Tom. Bad idea!!

Old
04-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrangerno1
I find it amazing how many people have really gone over the deep end here . Yes today was UGLY (it was even worse in person - trust me); but they are not as bad as they played today. This will show what they are made of for sure - but to say they have no chance is (in my mind) way too defeatist!!! I agree with one big point Don Legrecca (sorry if it is not spelled right) said - sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you start rebounding. Game 2 should say alot!!!
Nicely said, Fellow Section 419'er. U R starting to sound like me now!!!!

And i agree about immonen and Orr. I just pray to God that Jagr isnt hurt. But these penalties HAVE to stop.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Maybe we can play more of a team game then just overfeeding Jagr nonstop.

This is exactly when the team went down.....lets get back to rolling four lines and playing dump and chase...that is what got jagr open in the first place....don't force it to him all the time. Play your own game.

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:33 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrangerno1
The problem is, how do we know when we've hit rock bottom? When we're swept in four?

Didn't we hit rock bottom after Pittsburgh? Or Ottawa?

nyr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:42 PM
gaels22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13

or how about a physical d like gauthier

gaels22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:44 PM
True Blue

The question that should be asked is what was Jagr doing on the ice so late in such a meaningless game?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote