HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL Injury Updates (merged)

Old
04-22-2006, 07:47 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
What exactly happened? I walked out with 5 minutes left in the game because I was in the section with all the drunk stupid Devil fans who didn't shut up. I felt really bad for the parent of 3 kids who had to leave the game because of the cursing the whole time.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 07:55 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
Improve the Rangers draft position by losing in the 1st round?
YES! 21st overall in one of the worst drafts of the decade!

We're in that position where we're to good for a top 14 pick, but too bad to do anything in the playoffs.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 07:57 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

He certainly didn't look like he was suffering

any discomfort when they showed the clip of him leaving the arena. He probably hyper extended his elbowing or pop his shoulder out.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 07:58 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
What exactly happened? I walked out with 5 minutes left in the game because I was in the section with all the drunk stupid Devil fans who didn't shut up. I felt really bad for the parent of 3 kids who had to leave the game because of the cursing the whole time.
Gimme a break. Leave the game 'cause of cursing fans? Don't feel bad, they wasted their own money.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 08:02 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:

Yeah, because I'm sure no Devil fans have ever had to leave MSG to save their children from cursing fans.

There are rude, drunken fools in every building in the NHL, not just the CAA.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 08:19 PM
StartLundqvist

My guess is he separated his shoulder... We just have to hope it isn't serious.

StartLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 08:25 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Gimme a break. Leave the game 'cause of cursing fans? Don't feel bad, they wasted their own money.

It was the row right in front of the drunks, the guys had a curse coming out of their mouths every other word, the kids were all under 10. I thought it was pretty damn rude, if I see little kids around me I try to definitely cut down on the swearing.

It the family that left WERE devil fans, not Rangers fans.

Old
04-22-2006, 09:01 PM
SickNice

The hostility at the CAA is suprising to me. I went to a ton of games there with my brother and my dad growing up. I always wore my NYR jersey and felt comfortable the whole time. Never noticed an abundance of drunks or cursing.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
The question that should be asked is what was Jagr doing on the ice so late in such a meaningless game?
Apparently Renney said he needed practice on the PK? Let me get this straight. He played a half season, some preseason games, a full season, all the practices in between... and Renney decides he needs practice in a playoff game, where he has the flu, when you're down 5-1? What an idiot! Maybe next game he will play Lundqvist on the power play if they get down by a few goals? There are plenty of excuses you can make for losing the first game, some have some legitimacy, some may not, but all that matter is coming out and taking game 2. By putting Jagr out there in garbage time during the playoffs, he shows himself to be an amateur coach.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 10:16 PM
nyrangerfan214

jagr uncertain for game 2

AP Photo/Bill Kostroun
Jaromir Jagr left Saturday's Game 1 late in the third period.
Afterward, a dejected Jagr said he wasn't sure if he would be able to play in Game 2 on Monday night at the Continental Airlines Arena.

"I don't know right now," said Jagr, when asked about his status. "I'm gonna talk to the doctors and figure out something. I'll wait to [Sunday] and try to get ready. I know I'm gonna do everything I can to get ready to play."

Edit: Copyright laws prohibit you from posting the entire article. Please link. - Melrose

Last edited by Melrose_Jr.: 04-22-2006 at 10:36 PM.
nyrangerfan214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Spacemania
Recovering Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
I just heard the news, gotta say thats just crap and I sincearly hope Jagr can recover for you guys. Although I predicted NJ to win the series, the team I would LOVE to see the Sharks face for the cup is the Rangers. It would only seem fitting to put the teams together. So with that said, heres to hoping Jagr comes back and works his magic for you gyus.

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 10:48 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Let's all take a deep breath

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else here but we need to take a step back and not wave the white flag just yet. If you really examine this game without any emotion you will see that we outplayed the Devils at even strength; the total shots were 30 - 30 and that's with them getting 13 power plays to our 6. The undisciplined play was really a surprise to me as the team looked like a bunch of high school kids skating around trying to injure someone. Renney has to take control of this team immediately; the selfish penalties need to stop and players have to grow up and take a hit without retaliating. We've been on the other side of this situation earlier in the season with the Flyers and I liked that result better than this one.

Stay cool in game 2 and maintain controlled enthusiasm - we win game 2 and their home ice advantage is out the window and they will have to win in our building with 18,200 maniacs.

RANGERDIEHARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 10:52 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
any discomfort when they showed the clip of him leaving the arena. He probably hyper extended his elbowing or pop his shoulder out.
It looked like to me the left arm was hanging down a little bit.

NYR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:04 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice
The hostility at the CAA is suprising to me. I went to a ton of games there with my brother and my dad growing up. I always wore my NYR jersey and felt comfortable the whole time. Never noticed an abundance of drunks or cursing.

i was at game two in 97 and almost got in at least 6 fights with idiots who thought they were tough until they got a load of what i could do to them! then at the end of the game in the parking lot, me and my buddy, who is a devil fan, were drinking and having a good time when this idiot says he and his friends don't like me hangin out in "thier" lot and threated me, so i said i got my bat in my car if any of you effer's feel froggy then leap? like the bunch of pansies they were, wanted nothin to do with me after that! i got many stories of the tough guys that hang out at the swamp!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Osminator

my first ever nhl and msg game was hillarious... me, a poor, innocent and loving european, wittnessed this:

Two 12-13 year old girls were standing in the walkway, blocking the views of some guys behind me while the game was going on.

"Get the F. outta da way" and other nice sentences using words begining with F and C were followed a half-empty popcorn bag.

Friendliest people I met so far were at the Hartford Civic Centre while attending a couple of Wolfpack games in 2000.

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator
my first ever nhl and msg game was hillarious... me, a poor, innocent and loving european, wittnessed this:

Two 12-13 year old girls were standing in the walkway, blocking the views of some guys behind me while the game was going on.

"Get the F. outta da way" and other nice sentences using words begining with F and C were followed a half-empty popcorn bag.

Friendliest people I met so far were at the Hartford Civic Centre while attending a couple of Wolfpack games in 2000.
I have an even better MSG story...Two girls sitting behind me, 16 and 18 years of age. And everyother word out of their mouth was F and S and C and B and so on. By the third period, I couldn't take their skreeking voices anymore and I moved down.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 11:44 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
The undisciplined play was really a surprise to me as the team looked like a bunch of high school kids skating around trying to injure someone. Renney has to take control of this team immediately; the selfish penalties need to stop and players have to grow up and take a hit without retaliating. We've been on the other side of this situation earlier in the season with the Flyers and I liked that result better than this one.
Yes, but hooking and holding have nothing to do with retaliation. Or being careless with the stick.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:39 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
why didnt you kick his ***? youre not afraid are you?

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 01:05 AM
pld459666

worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I have an even better MSG story...Two girls sitting behind me, 16 and 18 years of age. And everyother word out of their mouth was F and S and C and B and so on. By the third period, I couldn't take their skreeking voices anymore and I moved down.

MSG story in the late 70's early 80's I forget when (lots of chemicals consumed since) Rangers Islanders Playoff game and up in the Blues no less, Islanders fan has his jersey lit on fire....while he was wearing it.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 01:13 AM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
MSG story in the late 70's early 80's I forget when (lots of chemicals consumed since) Rangers Islanders Playoff game and up in the Blues no less, Islanders fan has his jersey lit on fire....while he was wearing it.

Now that is the definition of awesome!

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
omg.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 02:06 AM
RGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
Now that is the definition of awesome!
On a happier note of fan incidents....I have two seats a couple rows behind Ranger Goaline and a couple years ago Motley Crue came with a couple strippers. One of the girls (a blonde with some plastic) in the third period decides to stand up and raise her top right before a the Linesman is about to drop the puck in the righthand faceoff circle. She's wearing no bra, the Linesmans mouth drops along with the a few of the players' and fans. It was one of the first games I had ever taken my now fiancee to and she definitely caught me staring_

RGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 02:20 AM
ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
This team is a joke. They cannot defend their best player, Jagr was freakin banged around all night, and quite honestly, he was freakin so pissed that he had to defend himself out there. He ripped Rafalski's helmet off. He went after Pandolfo a few times. He threw a punch at Gomez. Hey guys, it was no question going in, but as I predicted, the lack of toughness has finally taken its full toll.
I'm gonna go with the FIVE PP GOALS we allowed.

ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 02:36 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
why didnt you kick his ***? youre not afraid are you?

Hmmm lets look at the situation now:

Me and (1) Friend vs. 20 Drunk Guys.

hmmmm

Sorry, im just not a complete dumbass.....are you

And why the hell would I get into a fight at a hockey game? Talk about being a dumbass.

Old
04-23-2006, 02:51 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Hmmm lets look at the situation now:

Me and (1) Friend vs. 20 Drunk Guys.

hmmmm

Sorry, im just not a complete dumbass.....are you

And why the hell would I get into a fight at a hockey game? Talk about being a dumbass.
so let me get this straight? if someone comes at me and i kick their a$$ then i'm a dumbass for defending myself and i shouldn't do that because i'm at a hockey game? you certainly know how generalize? i'm keeping myself from saying something to you that the mods might not like, better watch how you word things bud!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote