HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL Injury Updates (merged)

Old
04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
oranges99

vCash: 500
I have seen TSN report on things that were wrong at least a dozen times. I will beleive it when I see it.

oranges99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
It doesn't really state the Jagr is definitely not playing tonight but he wasn't even in the building during the morning skate so it doesn't look too good.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Zeus54
Trollololol

Weekes is in? I don't about him. Hopefully he can somehow perform like he did in the 2002 Stanley Cup Playoffs when he was with Carolina...

Zeus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:02 PM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
I guess having an almost full season without major injuries have finally caught up with us.

phishman3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:04 PM
shoothepuck

On espn, they said that the Toronto news reported that Jagr will not play tonight, and Weekes will start.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
straka-nylander-prucha
sykora-immonen-rucchin
hollweg-moore-ortmeyer
wiseman-betts-orr

no jagr, rucinsky, and ward

this team looks like a shell of itself, gonna be a 3 line game id expect
Man, talk about the smurfs

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Jagr was a game-time decision on whether he was going to play or not, therefore, we won't know if he's playing until.....you guessed it, gametime

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:18 PM
oranges99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan
It doesn't really state the Jagr is definitely not playing tonight but he wasn't even in the building during the morning skate so it doesn't look too good.
Kenny Albert s on the WFAN and says no Kaspar or Jagr tonight.

oranges99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges99
Kenny Albert s on the WFAN and says no Kaspar or Jagr tonight.
I heard the interview and didn't hear anything about Kaspar

Old
04-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Prucha25

I'm hoping that Prucha is moved to the top line w/ straka and nylander, he had a solid game 1 and really is their next best scoring threat other than Sykora that wasn't already on the first line.

As for Weekes, a lot is being based off his prior performance against the Devils in the playoffs. Here are his season stats against them though:

5 starts, 2-3 record with a 2.18 GAA and a .916 Save%

Not too shabby, but more or less he needs to stand on his head for the Rangers to have any shot at winning this game.

Prucha25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:48 PM
NYR1724

Kenny Albert said kaspar was sitting next to Jagr in the trainers room. I think the poster got it mixed up.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1
Kenny Albert said kaspar was sitting next to Jagr in the trainers room. I think the poster got it mixed up.
Yea, he/she probably did mix it up.

Old
04-24-2006, 03:00 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Is he even injured?

I personally have no clue but wouldn't be suprised if he wheren't. I just think it was strange how he skated back onto the ice to show off how hurt he where. And that it where strange how "sick" he was before the game and then played a ton the 1st period.
I wouldn't be surprised either.

RANGERDIEHARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 03:49 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163738&hubname=

"The New York Rangers will not have Jaromir Jagr in the lineup when they face the New Jersey Devils for Game 2 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series.

Jagr got only as far as the trainer's room Sunday after leaving the ice with his left arm limp a day earlier in the New York Rangers' playoff opener.

"He's uncomfortable, but it doesn't appear to be too bad," coach Tom Renney said Sunday.

As disjointed as the Rangers looked in giving up five power-play goals during Saturday's 6-1 thrashing, having to face the formidable Devils without Jagr makes the outlook that much bleaker.

"We're definitely playing with confidence," Devils forward Jamie Langenbrunner said. "When you have confidence, things seem to go better."

The first half of New York's practice was sluggish but improved steadily. The highlight of the hourlong session was Michael Nylander's outburst that came after the puck was knocked away. He responded by slamming his stick hard against the glass several times.

New Jersey already entered this first-round, best-of-seven series as the heavy favorite. New York is riding a six-game skid that cost them the Atlantic Division title to the Devils on the final day.

Officially, Jagr's injury - that occurred late in the out-of-reach game - is being described as an upper-body problem. While getting a rare shift as a penalty killer, Jagr tried to take a swipe at Devils forward Scott Gomez.

He made a stiff-arm type move as he carried the puck and didn't connect, apparently causing the injury. It'll be up to doctors, Renney and Jagr to decide if he can play Monday.

"As long as we're working hard and playing within our system we should be able to get scoring chances with him out there at less than 100 percent," Renney said. "But we're going to be really very, very careful here and make sure that we give him a chance to assess where he is, both psychologically and physically, before we even contemplate putting him back in."

Rangers defenseman Darius Kasparaitis also sat out Sunday's practice as he recovers from a groin injury that forced him to miss 12 of 13 games before the season finale. He was in the trainer's room with Jagr before practice but didn't ask any questions.

"He doesn't look too happy, and when he's cranky, you don't want to talk to him," Kasparaitis said. "Jaromir is one of the best players in the league and the reason we're in the playoffs. But if he's not playing, other guys have to step up. We can't rely on Jaromir. It means we have to rely on our team spirit and team defense and score maybe one goal and win a one-goal game."

That would be a start.

During their losing streak, that started with a loss to the Devils, the Rangers have been outscored 26-10 and managed only one goal in each of the last three defeats. Rookie Henrik Lundqvist returned from a hip injury for the last two games - including a 5-1 loss to Ottawa.

Lundqvist, who led Sweden to the Olympic gold medal, hadn't allowed 11 goals in any three-game stretch this season, let alone in back-to-back contests.

He faced constant pressure in his NHL playoff debut on Saturday, largely because the Rangers gave the Devils 13 power-play chances. The traffic in front caused trouble for Lundqvist, who said he was having problems seeing the puck throughout the game.

"It was 6-1 but it wasn't that big of a difference between the teams," Lundqvist said. "The big difference was all the penalties. I think if we can stay on the ice and play a 5-on-5 game, I think we have a good chance to get a win."

Backup Kevin Weekes, who played all seven games during Lundqvist's absence, will get the nod in Game 2.

His biggest concern is making sure the Rangers face the Devils in even-strength situations.

"If we give ourselves a chance 5-on-5, we'll get that win we're looking for," Renney said. "If we don't, it's short."

Notes: The Rangers recalled winger Chad Wiseman from Hartford of the AHL. He might play in place of RW Jason Ward, who is likely out for the season after injuring his knee Saturday. ... LW Martin Rucinsky could play as early as Games 3 or 4 in New York. He has missed 13 games with a broken left pointer finger."
Just a heads up- don't post the entire article. Post a sentence or 2 you like, and just link it.

romba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 04:09 PM
natureboy*

As a ranger fan it has been very frustrating to see richter go down and end our season at least three times, leetch go down twice, bure, verbeek and now jagr and ludqvist. I mean this team has very bad luck. Yet teams like the devils never lose their goalie. I would have liked to see this team healthy. Its a shame.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math
I'm sorry if I overreacted, but there are a lot of Jagr haters/bashers, and there are actually others who have suggested that he faked an injury to avoid playing the rest of the series (or something along those lines). I still find it strange you would think he'd fake an injury to lessen the pressure, but I guess anything's possible.

I just don't see it as a realistic scenario, even with Jagr being a prankster and all the shenanigans that go on in the playoffs, I'm sure he didn't just make up an injury to mess with the Devils' heads. I can see the injury being understated or overstated after the fact, to not let New Jersey know what to expect, but no way does he pretend he's injured seriously enough to leave the ice with his arm hanging.

Hopefully he'll be back tonight, it wouldn't shock me, but neither would him being out for the rest of the series.

Sorry again if I misunderstood your comments, thanks for clarifying things.
No problem. It happends. I also think you where right. Was just a bit of lofty speculation of my part, I though kind of like maybe he have a bad elbow and it hurt allot when he pushed Gomez. Had it been 5 minutes into the game he would have keept playing, in the last minute he opted to go out. Though 99% probability you are right.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
As a ranger fan it has been very frustrating to see richter go down and end our season at least three times, leetch go down twice, bure, verbeek and now jagr and ludqvist. I mean this team has very bad luck. Yet teams like the devils never lose their goalie. I would have liked to see this team healthy. Its a shame.
At the same time, besides Brodeur NJD haven't been so depandant on individual effort as we have been/are. Aren't Kozlov out with a injury right now. Maybe there 2nd best offensive threat gooing into the season.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Nemchinov13

Hey. I'm being lazy. I can't read through 7 pages of this. So, a couple of questions: With Jagr and Ward out, who plays at their positions? Is Sykora moving to the 1st line? Is Prucha going to be put on the 2nd line? Orts is probably moving into Ward's spot and Wiseman into his. Orr will probably play on the 4th line with Moore and Wiseman, and Hossa will probably play on the left side of the 2nd line. Would that be it?

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Brandi

I heard about Jagar. I'm sorry to hear that folks. It's tough. He's been tremendous for you guys this year. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

If your team can overlook this, work hard, you'll have him back when you need it. I know when Havlat was out, it was hard, but now we have him back and it makes a difference.

Best of luck.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 04:53 PM
sveyland1

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Don LeGreca just said on the Michael Kay show that Kasper is out for the game.

sveyland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 05:14 PM
romba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveyland1
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Don LeGreca just said on the Michael Kay show that Kasper is out for the game.
What the ****? I heard he was playing! Crap.

Old
04-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi
I heard about Jagar. I'm sorry to hear that folks. It's tough. He's been tremendous for you guys this year. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

If your team can overlook this, work hard, you'll have him back when you need it. I know when Havlat was out, it was hard, but now we have him back and it makes a difference.

Best of luck.
Lucky for you guys, you have Heatley, Spezza and Alfredson to go along with Havlat.

We have, well, Jed Ortmeyer.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
romba

Alright, anyone hear anything new on Jagr, Kasper, Rucinsky etc.? We need good news!

Old
04-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

I ran into Rod Gilbert after the game last night, I asked him about Jagr and he shooked his head and said "it doesn't look too good". Take it for what it's worth I guess.