HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thomas Plecanek

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2006, 04:46 AM
Ape Clutch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Thomas Plecanek

Will he be given his chance now?

He was absolutely all over it yesterday... i think the Perezhogin-Plecanek-Zednik line needs to be given more ice time...Zednik WILL perform...its his time of the year...he's the Opposite of Brian Savage...he's Mr. April/May.

I think Ribeiro's going to be most effective on the PP in this series..he Can't skate with the Canes...just like he Can't skate with the Sabres.

Move Kovalev back on the line with Koivu and Higgins move Ryder with Ribeiro and Bulis

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

but most importantly

perez-PLECANEK-zednik.... <--- kid has shown he can deliver...if he and higgins start clikin @ all cylenders and he gets zednik and perez going ppl better begin to fear us...

b-cuz the HABS ARE COMIN TO TOWN

I predict MTL Sweeps

(I shoulda posted earlier...NO im not overconfident from the win...I just thought Carolina has so much pressure...i'd be sweet...)

so
MTL will go 4-0...my prediction

--- Discuss --- [my insanity...stupidity...plecanek...the sweep...fans...hockey...zednik...anything....just do it]

Old
04-23-2006, 04:51 AM
CalHabFan

I agree with the fact that Plekanec was sensational yesterday and I hope that line has success during the playoffs.

But shuffling all the lines to make sure Ribeiro doesn't get the ice time,
isn't that a bit extreme? Got something personal against Ribs?

Our lines have been working well so far...
I believe, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Last edited by CalHabFan: 04-23-2006 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Spellcheck :-)
Old
04-23-2006, 04:55 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHabFan
Got something personal against Ribs?
Doesn't almost everyone here?

Old
04-23-2006, 07:48 AM
mcphee

In business, isn't this called the Peter Principal ? If a guy does a good job, it's automatically assumed he could do a diffrerent job. I thought Pleks played a tremendous game. I've got nothing bad to say about him. If the discussion is about how he'll evolve as aplayer over the next few years,great. I see no reason though to change a damn thing when the team performs as well as they did.

Look at his minutes, he is already playing a key role on the team.

Old
04-23-2006, 07:53 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
As much as a sweep would be nice I see the Habs winning in 6. Most of the team played very well last night, what was it 12 of the players got at least 1 point?

Old
04-23-2006, 08:08 AM
TornACL

I read that putting the two "artists" (Ribeiro and Kovalev) on the same line was a good thing, because then you wouldn't have two complete lines confused by their "artistic" plays. Also, the present lines just begin to developp some kind of chemistry, so mixing them would be non-sense IMO.

Old
04-23-2006, 08:30 AM
yoteshot

Quote:
Thomas Plecanek
Wow, that's just 3 errors in his name

From a Habs fan, it's a shame...

For your info, it's Tomas Plekanec

Old
04-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Alouette_19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHabFan
I agree with the fact that Plecanek was sensational yesterday and I hope that line has success during the playoffs.

But shuffling all the lines to make sure Ribeiro doesn't get the ice time,
isn't that a bit extreme? Got something personal against Ribs?

Our lines have been working well so far...
I believe, if it ain't broke don't fix it
I agree

Also Plekanec must play on the PK, don't push it too far....BG wants Plekanec against Stall-line...that's it....The team have made a huge win, why broke up the lines???

Old
04-23-2006, 09:10 AM
RC51

Pleks may never score 40 goals but, already Pleks is showing signs of a top defencive forward. With Carbo as his coach we are an the verge of a new Carbo clone. Top end speed, great positional player, and the intangable quality of great anticipation. Who many time have we all seen already that Pleks intercepts passes many times.
Still in his first year in the NHL, and under Carbo he will get even better. Pleks will hit his peak in about 2 more years and if he ends up to be 90% of what Carbo was, this is realy great news. , Pleks will be a huge asset for the Habs.

Old
04-23-2006, 09:37 AM
x-bob

There is no reason to shuffle the lines fter a 6-1 win where every line contrubited.

Old
04-23-2006, 09:54 AM
PJ Wiggum

Send a message via MSN to PJ Wiggum
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
There is no reason to shuffle the lines fter a 6-1 win where every line contrubited.
Speaking of the Zednik, Perezhogin, and Plekanec line I had a dream last night that the Habs won the next game 5-0 with Zedder getting a hat-trick and the other 2 picking up 3 assists each.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I looovee Pleky and Higgs. As much as Higgins is in the offensive role now, and Plekanec moreso the defensive one, I'd love to see them reunite the two on the PK once Higgs shows he's ready to take on that kind of ice time. These two are awesome. Plekanec was a monster yesterday.

But I agree that there is no need to juggle the lines just yet. Heck, even Sundstrom looked good last night.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Bulis - Ribeiro - Kovalev
Zednik - Plekanec - Perezhogin
Murray - Bonk - Sundstrom

until something goes wrong - if something goes wrong. As for the comment about icetime, Pleky had more than Koivu last night I believe. Saku played only 13 minutes. Though I guess numbers get like that when you have 4-1, 5-1, and 6-1 leads.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:18 AM
mcphee

Sakuuuu, I think Carolina is Koivu's worst match up. Brind'Amour is tough for him. He'll stay on the boards as long as it takes, and there isn't much Koivu can do, other than switch off with the D. I thought he had a tough game and his icetime reflected it. Still he managed to make 2 key plays, providing the screen for the 1st goal and a great 2nd effort moving the puck up to Sundtrom before Higgins goal. That's one of the things I appreciate about the guy, when he's having an off night, he finds a way to contribute.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Sakuuuu, I think Carolina is Koivu's worst match up. Brind'Amour is tough for him. He'll stay on the boards as long as it takes, and there isn't much Koivu can do, other than switch off with the D. I thought he had a tough game and his icetime reflected it. Still he managed to make 2 key plays, providing the screen for the 1st goal and a great 2nd effort moving the puck up to Sundtrom before Higgins goal. That's one of the things I appreciate about the guy, when he's having an off night, he finds a way to contribute.
Oh I absolutely agree. And I really think we need to try to avoid the Koivu - Brind'Amour matchup. Rod is too good on face-offs, bigger than Saku, just as tough if not tougher along the boards...

Carolina is a tough team to match-up against with Staal, Brind'Amour, and Weight down the middle.

I was just referring to comments about "giving Plekanec a bigger role" or "more ice time." I think Pleky is getting a chance, even if it's still considered our third line, and he isn't playing with Kovalev, Higgins, or Ryder.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Koivu's line had an harder time yesterday but i think it will gel in time.

Ryder doesnt have a whole lot of experience and Higgins was playing nhl playoff hockey for the first time. By the middle of the 2nd period, he was looking more confident with each shift. He made a few turnover in the 1st simply by loosing the puck when looking up, but it's all good. The nerves are out of the way now, this line will be better as the serie goes on imo.

Old
04-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
... i think the Perezhogin-Plecanek-Zednik line needs to be given more ice time.....
Actually, they had more ice time than Koivu's line last night...http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=260422007

Koivu had 13:34 compared to Plek's 16:10 (even strength 10:54 to 12:05)
Ryder 12:19 to Zednik 12:28 (even strength 9:54 to 12:19)
Higgins 14:59 to Perez' 12:11 (even strength 11:06 to 11:59)

They may be rookies, but Pleks and Higgins, as well as Komi and Perez all played extremely well....

mcphee.....the peter principle is rising to one's level of incompetence. (It's a Leaf thing. )

Old
04-23-2006, 11:50 AM
ryanghg

A lot of Pleky's time is on the PK.

Old
04-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanghg
Yeah, and Higgins too. That's a testament their maturity. Pleks still had more even strength time than Koivu. I'm not passing judgement, just making an observation.....it's a team game, whatever it takes to win.

I loved that diving effort by Saku to start the play on Higgins goal. It was 3-1, and Sundstrom had just exited the penalty box. Koivu dove to get the puck to him for a breakaway. That extra effort by Koivu helped make it 4-1, rather than a potential 3-2 score, had the Canes scored the next goal....

Old
04-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanghg
Exactly , that's why we can't affrod to play his lime 15mins+ because Pleky is gonna play 3-4min on the PK .

Old
04-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Toro

Its almost funny, all our young players we bring up lately are good and seem to contribute. sure there were a few who didn't but gainey got rid of them(hainsey,hossa) and a few get away (ward,beauchemin) but wow we have had a lot of good new (from our system) players come up and play for our team.

and Higgins,plekanec,murray,perez, play every game.

They are all playing great right now, were looking good.

we have a few gems coming too

feels like were becoming a dynasty again. were developing players at a rate as good as ever....

Go Habs Go

Old
04-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Habs13

We out scored one of the best teams by a lage margin and people want to switch up the lines? What?!? Why!?!

Leave them as they are and see what they do in game two. All Montreal needed to do was come home with the split and they have that... a victory monday night would be huge but as we are right now, it's mission accomplished folks!

Old
04-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Toro

lines are fine

maybe i would put downey in for game 2 in sundstroms spot(even after his play in game 1). I just expect the canes to come out swinging in game 2 at home

We need our Tough guy

bring in downey please

Old
04-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Habsaku

Ribeiro played awesome yesterday, he did some of the nicest passes in the short start of the playoffs.

Old
04-23-2006, 02:32 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
In business, isn't this called the Peter Principal ? If a guy does a good job, it's automatically assumed he could do a diffrerent job. I thought Pleks played a tremendous game. I've got nothing bad to say about him. If the discussion is about how he'll evolve as aplayer over the next few years,great. I see no reason though to change a damn thing when the team performs as well as they did.

Look at his minutes, he is already playing a key role on the team.
Exact , the principal of Peter is the right name of peoples that are good to do what they are doing , that receive promotion at a higher level ; than they are less effective because they are not suited for the new job.

Plekanec is exactely to his place by now and that's why he's that good .

Old
04-23-2006, 02:53 PM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
maybe i would put downey in for game 2 in sundstroms spot(even after his play in game 1). I just expect the canes to come out swinging in game 2 at home

We need our Tough guy

bring in downey please
Bad, bad idea. Downey skates around and tries hard, but has no discernable skill. He also isn't that tough. Throws a few hits, but doesn't fight. But worst of all, can't kill penalties. With Begin out, we need someone who kills penalties. That's Sundstrom, I don't care how much people hate him and love Downey. Sundstrom is here to stay. If and when Begin comes back, I'd say Murray is at risk of being scratched before Sunny.

Closed Thread