HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Luko

Old
04-24-2006, 11:38 AM
brylin18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josetheodore
97 giveaways during the regular season is inexcusable and other reasons, I disagree. All is forgiven as he played his *** off Saturday and if that's the indication of his play the rest of the playoffs, he's forgiven.

Whitey
Matvichuk
Abelin
Rafalski
Hale
Luko
Klee

That's how I'd rate the D this year.

Are you kidding me? First off, where's Martin on that list? Secondly, how on earth can you put Albelin ahead of Rafalski?

Rafalski is, BY FAR, the Devils best defenseman. He's extremely smart on the defensive end and is obviously great on the PP. His only drawback is his size. White is still prone to taking dumb penalities and, occaisionally, making wrong decisions in the defensive zone.

brylin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 12:09 PM
RMBoner Stabone

Quote:
Originally Posted by brylin18
Are you kidding me? First off, where's Martin on that list? Secondly, how on earth can you put Albelin ahead of Rafalski?

Rafalski is, BY FAR, the Devils best defenseman. He's extremely smart on the defensive end and is obviously great on the PP. His only drawback is his size. White is still prone to taking dumb penalities and, occaisionally, making wrong decisions in the defensive zone.

Martin is also up there, him and White are a great pairing.

The whole "White takes dumb penalities" no longer applies, he's our best Dman, he's got 199 blocked shots and is always making plays. There is a reason, he wears an "A".

RMBoner Stabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josetheodore
The whole "White takes dumb penalities" no longer applies, he's our best Dman, he's got 199 blocked shots and is always making plays. There is a reason, he wears an "A".
He really has picked up his game this year. He always had the talent, but he made too many stupid mistakes. Of the games I've seen him in this year, he has really improved the mental side of his game.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 01:52 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Lukowich replaces Needmybrother as the player from Cranbrook.

ZadorovNJD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I said Lukowich would be excellent for us. He fits our style perfectly. Next year our defense will be the same. Rafalski, White, Matvichuk, Martin, Lukowich and Hale.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac
I said Lukowich would be excellent for us. He fits our style perfectly. Next year our defense will be the same. Rafalski, White, Matvichuk, Martin, Lukowich and Hale.
I wouldn't mind Klee or Albelin in the 7 spot.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 02:51 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
I think after the rocky adjustment, Lukowich has put in a fine prformance do far. I'm still not sold on Klee, even though he's played great in the first round. But then again, I'm from Buffalo, and biased against everyone comming in from Toronto.

This is how I rate the D this year:
Rafalski
White
Martin
Matvichuk
Lukowich
Klee
Hale
Albelien
McGillis

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 03:08 PM
David Puddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396
I think after the rocky adjustment, Lukowich has put in a fine prformance do far. I'm still not sold on Klee, even though he's played great in the first round. But then again, I'm from Buffalo, and biased against everyone comming in from Toronto.

This is how I rate the D this year:
Rafalski
White
Martin
Matvichuk
Lukowich
Klee
Hale
Albelien
McGillis
Man! You completely left Malakhov off your list. I would have put a few spaces between McGillis and Albelin.

David Puddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 03:09 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Oh yeah, I forgot!

Rafalski
White
Martin
Matvichuk
Lukowich
Klee
Hale
Albelien

McGillis
Malakhov

Better

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 03:24 PM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396
Oh yeah, I forgot!

Rafalski
White
Martin
Matvichuk
Lukowich
Klee
Hale
Albelien

McGillis
Malakhov

Better
I know Klee has been better of late (thank God), but I'd rate Hale up there at least with him. Hale is very valuable as a physical presence, but his puck-moving and shooting abilities (has a hard shot, not that he uses it enough to actually SCORE) are vastly underrated.

4check22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 03:29 PM
devsfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4check22
I know Klee has been better of late (thank God), but I'd rate Hale up there at least with him. Hale is very valuable as a physical presence, but his puck-moving and shooting abilities (has a hard shot, not that he uses it enough to actually SCORE) are vastly underrated.
At this point I would put Hale higher then Matvichuk on our depth chart. the guy has been a stud for us. Very solid defenseman who has come into his own. He does not have the experience in this time of year but as far as talent and depth chart ranking I would go:

Rafalski
Martin
White (close 2nd)
Hale
Matvichuk
Lukowich
albelin
Klee (still played well lately even though he is 8th..this is attributed to the solid, consistent overall defense of the team)

devsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 05:13 PM
crashlanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan8
At this point I would put Hale higher then Matvichuk on our depth chart. the guy has been a stud for us. Very solid defenseman who has come into his own. He does not have the experience in this time of year but as far as talent and depth chart ranking I would go:

Rafalski
Martin
White (close 2nd)
Hale
Matvichuk
Lukowich
albelin
Klee (still played well lately even though he is 8th..this is attributed to the solid, consistent overall defense of the team)
Right now, being the playoffs experience wins out for me.
Rafalski
White
Martin
Matvichuk
Lukowich
Klee
Hale (Close)
Albelin (Close again)

Next year I'd definitely put Hale over Klee but Klee brings experience, possibly leadership, and steadiness to the blue line. He isn't that bad and Hale has better skills all around but you never know if he'll show any "rookie" mistakes.

Hale is great, I love the guy, he's going to be a big part of our defense but he's only played essentially one season and two playoff games. This team is built on paying your dues and waiting for a spot and that's exactly what's happening with Klee and Hale.

crashlanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 05:29 PM
devsfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashlanding
Right now, being the playoffs experience wins out for me.
Rafalski
White
Martin
Matvichuk
Lukowich
Klee
Hale (Close)
Albelin (Close again)

Next year I'd definitely put Hale over Klee but Klee brings experience, possibly leadership, and steadiness to the blue line. He isn't that bad and Hale has better skills all around but you never know if he'll show any "rookie" mistakes.

Hale is great, I love the guy, he's going to be a big part of our defense but he's only played essentially one season and two playoff games. This team is built on paying your dues and waiting for a spot and that's exactly what's happening with Klee and Hale.
And then when next season comes around and it is April and playoff time, is Hale going to be the 7th defenseman for more experience? the only way to gain experience is to play. Rafalski and White were both rookies in 2000 and played in every post season game.
I understand your point of veteran expereince and all that, but Matvichuk, White, Lukowich and Rafalski all have been through many post season wars. If between Albelin, Hale, Klee I would certainly go with Hale. just my opinion.

devsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
White
Rafalski
Martin
Matvichuk
Lukowich
Hale
Klee
Albelin

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 05:51 PM
crashlanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan8
And then when next season comes around and it is April and playoff time, is Hale going to be the 7th defenseman for more experience? the only way to gain experience is to play. Rafalski and White were both rookies in 2000 and played in every post season game.
I understand your point of veteran expereince and all that, but Matvichuk, White, Lukowich and Rafalski all have been through many post season wars. If between Albelin, Hale, Klee I would certainly go with Hale. just my opinion.
No because most likely Hale will be in the lineup all year and not in Albany for half the year and then in the lineup every other or third game.

Edit: Expanding on my point. Rafalski wasn't really a rookie, he was pretty experienced in pro hockey and had Stevens in his pairing, and I don't think White was in for the whole postseason in 2000 (I could be wrong though). Klee has been pretty solid and the third pairing isn't getting THAT many minutes. I think Lou has seen how Klee handles himself in the playoffs in the past and that's why he got him.

crashlanding is offline   Reply With Quote