HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Props to Hollweg!

Old
04-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Entrancemperium

vCash: 500
Props to Hollweg!

Last night when he fought Janssen was the highlight of the game. He just kept skating and when they doubled teamed Kaspar he jumped into action and did his job! I hope he will be a career blueshirt.

I wish he would've gotten more playing time to really start crashing people and making the devils uncertain of themselves and if he say injures one of Gomez, Gionta or Elias with a clean hit ofcourse, well I for one will not be crying a river for the devils.

Kepp up the good work Hollweg! So glad we traded Niemo in order to keep Ryan in the line up!

Entrancemperium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 09:47 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
When did he fight? Wow I feel bad for you now...having to sit through that boring game the full length I suppose.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Entrancemperium

He fought right at the end, Janssen and Rasmussen doublke teamed Kaspar and Hollweg steamrolled Janssen afterwards and they dropped the gloves, that salvaged a little bit of the game not much but it was nice to see someone doing his job and doing it well

Old
04-23-2006, 10:48 AM
shoothepuck

Hollweg was one of the few Rangers who played with passion, maybe the rest will take his lead and show us something more than what we saw in game one, although 18+ minutes of penalties puts a damper on most games.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:55 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium
Last night when he fought Janssen was the highlight of the game. He just kept skating and when they doubled teamed Kaspar he jumped into action and did his job! I hope he will be a career blueshirt.

I wish he would've gotten more playing time to really start crashing people and making the devils uncertain of themselves and if he say injures one of Gomez, Gionta or Elias with a clean hit ofcourse, well I for one will not be crying a river for the devils.

Kepp up the good work Hollweg! So glad we traded Niemo in order to keep Ryan in the line up!
I'm not directing this at you, but at these boards in general: The next time Hollweg takes a major and everyone calls for his execution on 8 different threads, I am going to pull this thread out.

I love the kid, but I guess I take the middle of the road. I didn't get too upset at his bonehead plays and I don't get too high about his team first attitude.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya
I'm not directing this at you, but at these boards in general: The next time Hollweg takes a major and everyone calls for his execution on 8 different threads, I am going to pull this thread out.

I love the kid, but I guess I take the middle of the road. I didn't get too upset at his bonehead plays and I don't get too high about his team first attitude.
Alright man fair enough, I just love his attitude and he skates really hard every night.

Old
04-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Blackjack

I was impressed with Holloweg yesterday. He definately got the best of Janssen and stood up for his teammates.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 11:54 AM
dank

Passion!

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:49 PM
NaChOs

that fight was soft janssen slipped down and hollweg went ontop of him sothe linesmen could break it up.

NaChOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:50 PM
NaChOs

you know janssen would have waved off the refs and layed another beatdown.

Old
04-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaChOs
you know janssen would have waved off the refs and layed another beatdown.
Why, because Janssen is superman? The fact is he did neither and is nothoing but another worthless goon..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 01:24 PM
NaChOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Why, because Janssen is superman? The fact is he did neither and is nothoing but another worthless goon..
no he isn't superman but he is compared to hollweg.
don't hate.

Old
04-23-2006, 01:24 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium

I'm not, I would've much more liked to see Hossa get traded. I miss Niemo on the third line than comin right back out with Hollweg on the fourth. IMHO Niemo>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hossa

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 01:29 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Quote:
don't hate.
I respect you coming over and defending your player, but this thread wasn't really to discredit Janssen. That being said, I will now defend mine Bottom line, Janssen talked big before the series and said as soon as he gets out there, he'll be looking for Hollweg to pound him into the ice. He didn't, even though Janssen is a better fighter than Hollywood, Hollweg saw a reason to go and assert himself in a 5-1 game. He got the best of Cam in that particular instance. So Props to Hollweg - as the title of this thread proclaims.

Old
04-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
don't hate.
DOn't make things up...No doubt Jansssen is a better fighter then Hollweg, but that's all he does...Hollweg is 10X the hitter that Janssens...and the better hockey player...Jansenns can throw a few fists that's it..BNut that was pretty hard yersterday when he was flat on his *** or trying to pull hair...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 01:35 PM
NaChOs

Quote:
DOn't make things up...No doubt Jansssen is a better fighter then Hollweg, but that's all he does...Hollweg is 10X the hitter that Janssens...and the better hockey player...Jansenns can throw a few fists that's it..BNut that was pretty hard yersterday when he was flat on his *** or trying to pull hair...

LOL @ hollweg being 10x the hitter janssen is..

whatever floats your boat bud.

Old
04-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I agree the fight was soft, as a fact I think my grandma has hit me harder than that. But if you talked trash about me and how you were going to run me down, and then I went out there and went after you to show you I wasnt scared some people would give me props.
So
Hollweg=1
Jannsen=0
Props To Hollweg

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 02:58 PM
BLACKBURN

He may not have kicked his *** but the hit he threw before the fight was awesome and Jannsen ended up looking like a fool.

Lets hope we can keep some discipline, roll our lines and get some hits on guys like Gionta.

Keep up the good work Hollywood!

BLACKBURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 03:11 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Who was that one devil that flattened the other devil when Jagr ducked? That was awesome!

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Marty's Better

Quote:
Janssen is not only an excellent fighter but is a hard, clean hitter who brings a spark to the team whenever he's on the ice. Hollweg seems to take A LOT of stupid penalties while Janssen has been very good as far as being disciplined. I don't know how many devil games you've seen this year but Hollweg is most def. not "10x" the hitter Janssen is.

Hollweg's hits often end up hurting his team instead of helping, Janssen's do not.

Marty's Better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 03:19 PM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN
Who was that one devil that flattened the other devil when Jagr ducked? That was awesome!
Ha ha, that was Madden, on Hale maybe? I would have loved to see him knock his own teamate out, that would have been as funny as hell. Before you say I like seeing guys get injured, he would have destroyed Jagr if he had connected with intent to damage so it would have been a little karma if it happened

BLACKBURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 03:26 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty's Better
Janssen is not only an excellent fighter but is a hard, clean hitter who brings a spark to the team whenever he's on the ice. Hollweg seems to take A LOT of stupid penalties while Janssen has been very good as far as being disciplined. I don't know how many devil games you've seen this year but Hollweg is most def. not "10x" the hitter Janssen is.

Hollweg's hits often end up hurting his team instead of helping, Janssen's do not.
I dont know how many Ranger games you've seen this year, but Hollweg doesn't take stupid penalties. I'd say in overall hockey worth/talent/whatever, Hollweg=Janssen. Fighting talent Janssen>Hollweg, this has been stated so many times, by both sides. The amount of spark provided, and let me explain my stance on this, Hollweg>Janssen---Rangers only have one true scoring line, Jagr's. When that line is not doing anything, it is the fourth line with Hollweg that brings the energy that is lacking. Jersey has more than one scoring line, so Janssen's handywork/energy/spark isn't as much needed as Hollweg's.

P.S. Most of the penalties that Hollweg has taken have turned into reputation calls, as of late. And anyone that does not believe this needs to take a minute to put team pride aside and look at it with unbiased eyes.

Old
04-23-2006, 03:27 PM
ICX*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeDragFan
So
Hollweg=1
Jannsen=0
Props To Hollweg
Devils 1, Rangers 0.

ICX* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 03:28 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICX
Devils 1, Rangers 0.
Thanks...way to take the immaturity level up on this thread.

Old
04-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Marty's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77
I dont know how many Ranger games you've seen this year, but Hollweg doesn't take stupid penalties. I'd say in overall hockey worth/talent/whatever, Hollweg=Janssen. Fighting talent Janssen>Hollweg, this has been stated so many times, by both sides. The amount of spark provided, and let me explain my stance on this, Hollweg>Janssen---Rangers only have one true scoring line, Jagr's. When that line is not doing anything, it is the fourth line with Hollweg that brings the energy that is lacking. Jersey has more than one scoring line, so Janssen's handywork/energy/spark isn't as much needed as Hollweg's.

P.S. Most of the penalties that Hollweg has taken have turned into reputation calls, as of late. And anyone that does not believe this needs to take a minute to put team pride aside and look at it with unbiased eyes.
Fair points, I was just simply responding to the notion that Hollweg is really much better or worse than Janssen, as a hitter or otherwise. They are ostensibly the same player for their respective teams.

Marty's Better is offline   Reply With Quote