HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Datsyuk to play today?

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2006, 09:23 AM
O'shizzle

vCash: 500
Datsyuk to play today?

I saw this online. My only concern is that I know Pavel's a gamer, and he might be trying to come back too early. If there's any doubt, he should hold out one more game.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/weblog...04.html#133802

Old
04-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Shoalzie

It would be great to have him back in but I'm going to wince whenever he's weaving around defenders and he might graze contact with a Jason Smith or a Steve Staios. I hope he's able to take some form of contact where we don't have to worry about him getting hit. The Oilers' defense is very physical...here's hoping he doesn't re-injure himself out there. The optimist in me is pumped up because of he'll mean to the offensive attack but the pessimist in me will worry about his leg.

Old
04-23-2006, 09:37 AM
O'shizzle

Yep, I feel the same. According to another article I read, Datsyuk didn't really test the leg that hard, staying away from quick starts and stops. If he can't do that in practice, how can he do it in a game?
That being said, he knows his body and if he thinks he can do it, let's give it a shot.

Old
04-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'shizzle
Yep, I feel the same. According to another article I read, Datsyuk didn't really test the leg that hard, staying away from quick starts and stops. If he can't do that in practice, how can he do it in a game?
That being said, he knows his body and if he thinks he can do it, let's give it a shot.

Ideally, I'd like him back in when he's 90-100%. I'd hate for him to start the game and then take a glancing hit and get hurt early on and the Wings have to play with 11 forwards for most of the game. The Wings were able to win on Friday without him and it's only been a day-and-a-half since Game 1...not much could've changed between now and then. I hope I'm not over-analyzing the matter but I'd much rather wait for him to be in better shape than to just get him back in just to have him back in the lineup and worry about if he'll get hurt on each shift. He was able to hide his hand injury during the Olympics but you can't really hide his thigh injury because of contact along the boards. He's going to have to be more aware of where everyone is so he isn't caught by surprise. It's dangerous to play too cautious because that takes you off your take. If he's able to play in spite of any discomfort and the risk involved...I hope he scores a goal and dishes out a couple of assists today.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:01 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Glad that he is back in the line-up. He knows his body than anyone else, if he feels that he can play then I would let him play if I was Babcock.

Like you guys said I hope that this isn't too soon

Old
04-23-2006, 10:11 AM
kacz

I'm sure that Pavel is about to make the right decision. We need him back in the lineup, he is the core of the flow of the offense.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Party Time

just a question as an Oiler fan. Who will draw out of the line-up?

Old
04-23-2006, 10:26 AM
O'shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Time
just a question as an Oiler fan. Who will draw out of the line-up?
Probably Mowers.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Party Time

dang, i was hoping it'd be Stevie Y

Old
04-23-2006, 10:33 AM
O'shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Time
dang, i was hoping it'd be Stevie Y
Yeah, he's playing pretty well for a washed-up old man, eh?

Old
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
SlavaKozlov

I am frustrated, so I am just going to post it here, heh. I was all looking forward to watching teh Winsg game today, since it is on NBC national telecast or whatever, and then BAM, I find out NBC Cleveland is playing the Indians baseball game today instead. I checked the listing for other NBC stations in Ohio, and they are showing the Wings, but we get game 19 of the MLB season, a game that doesn't mean **** because there are 140-something more games in teh season after todays game. I was looking forward to see Dats play and actually watch a Wings game, since I never get to see games here unles they are on NBC. Stupid OLN and me not getting it on TV.

Old
04-23-2006, 11:16 AM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Looking at Babcocks lineup for game 1, I believe he was setting it up for a Datsyuk game 2 return. He inserted Mowers into the spot Datsyuk will be instead of perhaps getting more out of the guys he had. He would not leave Shanny with Mowers if Datsyuk would be out for any length of time.

Old
04-23-2006, 11:30 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
It will be great to have him back. Lord knows we've missed him.

Closed Thread