HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Brisebois and Theodore

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2006, 05:06 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
I'd say, Hi Theo, Pat, how ya doin' ? Then again, I'm not much of a sign guy.

Old
04-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Mike8

Where's that poster who continually insisted that Montreal made a boneheaded move in letting Brisebois go, just because he had a good start?

Unrelated to the thread's purpose, but oh well. Like McPhee, I'm not much of a sign guy...

It depends if you like Theodore/Brisebois or not too.

Old
04-23-2006, 05:49 PM
SharkGirl27

Send a message via AIM to SharkGirl27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Where's that poster who continually insisted that Montreal made a boneheaded move in letting Brisebois go, just because he had a good start?

Unrelated to the thread's purpose, but oh well. Like McPhee, I'm not much of a sign guy...

It depends if you like Theodore/Brisebois or not too.
yes I like both of them, and for the person that asked if I could draw, yes I can.

Old
04-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
I really don't agree. Theodore played fine against the Bruins. To say he was amazing at times is an exaggeration. It was entirely a team effort both years against Boston (yes, EVEN in 2001-2002). I recall in 03-04 fans not being pleased with his performance at all as we fell behind early, and then him picking it up a bit later on in the series during our comeback, but by which time we were playing better alla round.

Yes, you can blame him in part for the losses to Tampa Bay and Carolina. Not saying it was all his fault, but he certainly didn't come up big for us ever.
I really don't see how in 2001-2002 he wasn't the main reason we won, he carried that team on his fu**ing back into the playoffs and through the Bruins' series. Man we were completly outclassed. Don't even try to say it was his fault against the Canes, he facing 40+ shots on average and they weren't perimeter shots like Huet faced yesterday. Sure 2 years ago he wasn't all that but he was competent.

It's just hate to say he never came up big for us because he did, he was inconsistent but he did deliver, just not lately. I'm not even a Theo fan, he was overpaid and overrated but he was a top 10 goalie and when he was good with us, he was elite.

Old
04-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB
What?!

You need to take off your "I hate Ribs and Theo" glasses off.
1) I made no mention of Ribeiro ANYWHERE in this thread.
2) I don't hate Theodore. He had many good outings for us. To say his playoff performances were subpar, and not top notch, is not hating and not at all wrong IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth
I really don't see how in 2001-2002 he wasn't the main reason we won, he carried that team on his fu**ing back into the playoffs and through the Bruins' series. Man we were completly outclassed. Don't even try to say it was his fault against the Canes, he facing 40+ shots on average and they weren't perimeter shots like Huet faced yesterday. Sure 2 years ago he wasn't all that but he was competent.

It's just hate to say he never came up big for us because he did, he was inconsistent but he did deliver, just not lately. I'm not even a Theo fan, he was overpaid and overrated but he was a top 10 goalie and when he was good with us, he was elite.
I wasn't clear in saying he never came up big for us; I don't mean ever ever, I was specifically referring to in those two second round matchups. Again, I don't hate Jose. He was incredible in 2001-2002, good in 2003-2004, and though he had a rough year in Montreal this year, is still a capable #1 in the league. But to say he was so great for us in the playoffs, as many do, is IMO a big exaggeration. He was a normal goalie. An Emery, or a Grahame. He was no playoff performer.

Old
04-23-2006, 08:13 PM
deandebean

It doesn't matter: they went to the Jacques Demers school of reading.

Actually, I like the "we're even" idea.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
2) I don't hate Theodore. He had many good outings for us. To say his playoff performances were subpar, and not top notch, is not hating and not at all wrong IMO.

I wasn't clear in saying he never came up big for us; I don't mean ever ever, I was specifically referring to in those two second round matchups. Again, I don't hate Jose. He was incredible in 2001-2002, good in 2003-2004, and though he had a rough year in Montreal this year, is still a capable #1 in the league. But to say he was so great for us in the playoffs, as many do, is IMO a big exaggeration. He was a normal goalie. An Emery, or a Grahame. He was no playoff performer.
That I agree more with, he wasn't so great, he was just great at times.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:27 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSoluteDMB11
OK, so I am going to the Avs playoff game next Friday, and being a Habs fan (going through withdrawl of not seeing them live often enough), I want to make a sign for Brisebois and Theo for warm-ups. Unfortunately I am not very creative coming up with what to write on them, so I was hoping some of you could give me some suggestions. Thanks.
Would u want to write something in french for them instead?

Old
04-23-2006, 10:31 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Actually, I like the "we're even" idea.

Old
04-23-2006, 10:52 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:

I agree with you. Theo wasn't excellent in either of those playoff series.
He did play well though against the Bruins but I believe the reason we won was mostly because of a team effort.

Old
04-23-2006, 11:13 PM
SharkGirl27

Send a message via AIM to SharkGirl27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Would u want to write something in french for them instead?
I could, but I don't speak french...just what I remember from high school 8 years ago.

Old
04-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

"Theo, Vero needs you!".

"Theo, Brisebois, Turgeon=Hello? Are we in Monteal?".

"For Hair-Growth Suplements Call this Number"

"Huet! Huet! Huet!"

"Hitchcock, Gainey say He knows oeht `s weakness"

Old
04-24-2006, 03:13 AM
motojime

Read through the whole thread and have something to say. You guys suck! I wouldn't want to play for Canadiens if I were a pro hockey player!

Old
04-24-2006, 03:31 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojime
Read through the whole thread and have something to say. You guys suck! I wouldn't want to play for Canadiens if I were a pro hockey player!
cry me a river
build a bridge
then jump off that bridge into the river

Old
04-24-2006, 04:23 AM
motojime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
cry me a river
build a bridge
then jump off that bridge into the river
/ignore

Old
04-24-2006, 06:36 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Any idea when you'll make it ? Then we'll know how much time we have to become better people. If I was a hockey player, I wouldn't vacation in Latvia, no senses of humour. Oops, damnitt, I've stereotyped and judged a whole country by one silly poster. My bad. Sorry. Just look away.

Old
04-24-2006, 06:44 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
He didnt pull a Theo like playoff performance. He stopped all shots and kept us in the game.
Without Theodore, you don't pass the first round in 2002, and possibly in 2004. He was the key player in defeating the Bruins in the playoffs.

Old
04-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Without Theodore, you don't pass the first round in 2002, and possibly in 2004. He was the key player in defeating the Bruins in the playoffs.
2002 - key players were Koivu and Zednik
2004 - key players were Koivu and Kovalev - koivu tied a team record for points in a playoff series.

Old
04-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Capitano

"Propecia for sale - CHEAP"

Cap

Old
04-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Matrix

Quote:
As if it was a big deal to go through the first round......oops! true that it is for you though.....

Old
04-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSoluteDMB11
I wouldn't call myself an Avs fan, but I do enjoy going to games and like a few of the players...but still don't think I'd say they suck on a sign

edit: Brisebois is #71 out here.
Put "Bring back Abby, we need a goalie....AGAIN!!

Old
04-24-2006, 09:48 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
2002- he was awsome after Zednik got hurt no question but that was only two games

2004- He was average to awful throughout the the whole series except for game 7

Old
04-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Ohhh...BALOGNA!!!
Montreal is the best place to play by far. The fans are nuts about the hockey team and all the tradition that goes with it. If you're a pro player and can't handle a little criticism, then you don't belong in Montreal or the whole league for that matter.
The way I look at it, the fans are who buys the tickets to help pay the players salaries, I don't think it is too much for them to ask for the players to try their hardest and to play at the professional level. They booed Breeze-by because he was a brutal player that made more mistakes then anyone else in the league on a regular basis and they run Theodore out of town because he was making $5 million a year and wasn't playing well enough to earn $100 a game.
If I was asked to play in any city in the league, I would pick Montreal...nobodys got you back like a happy Habs fan!!!

Old
04-24-2006, 09:57 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58
Ohhh...BALOGNA!!!
Montreal is the best place to play by far. The fans are nuts about the hockey team and all the tradition that goes with it. If you're a pro player and can't handle a little criticism, then you don't belong in Montreal or the whole league for that matter.
The way I look at it, the fans are who buys the tickets to help pay the players salaries, I don't think it is too much for them to ask for the players to try their hardest and to play at the professional level. They booed Breeze-by because he was a brutal player that made more mistakes then anyone else in the league on a regular basis and they run Theodore out of town because he was making $5 million a year and wasn't playing well enough to earn $100 a game.
If I was asked to play in any city in the league, I would pick Montreal...nobodys got you back like a happy Habs fan!!!

Yup, as they say, montreal fans are with you, win or tie as long as you don't tie too often.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
/ignore
I find it quite funny that even though ur ignoring me... u replied to my post...

Closed Thread