HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

game 2 thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Look at what I read in today's Detroit News.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0103/604250411

Did Ted Kulfan see my post from yesterday?

Dats and Z are different players with different roles on this team than the team we iced in '03-'04. We can't keep bringing up their playoff histories on Dave Lewis Wings team. (The last one really being the first where we did expect anything from them.)

The '02-'03 team? The kids were hardly getting the ice time or even special teams play to make a difference. And look who we played the last time around. Two of the NHL's most notorious teams for hooking, grabbing, tackling, and vicious hits all with intent to injure. That said-- they do have to step us this year though but I will judge them on their performance on this team with this coach in this "new" NHL.

Old
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Hank19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu
Dats and Z are different players with different roles on this team than the team we iced in '03-'04. We can't keep bringing up their playoff histories on Dave Lewis Wings team. (The last one really being the first where we did expect anything from them.)

The '02-'03 team? The kids were hardly getting the ice time or even special teams play to make a difference. And look who we played the last time around. Two of the NHL's most notorious teams for hooking, grabbing, tackling, and vicious hits all with intent to injure. That said-- they do have to step us this year though but I will judge them on their performance on this team with this coach in this "new" NHL.
I understand and appreciate what you're saying. But through two games Zetterberg's been invisible and Datysuk's first outing was embarassing. If his poor performance was the result of him being out for 3 weeks then he should have never played. Shame on him for telling the coach he was ready to go because it was blatantly clear he wasn't.
His future with the Wings will be decided in these playoffs.

Old
04-25-2006, 06:16 PM
jacK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGY19
I know what you mean. I don't get that same sense either with this current team. I don't know what it was about that Red Wings team in the Vancouver series. Maybe it was Yzerman comments when the Red Wings were down 2-0. Now Yzerman has been as quiet as a mouse both on and off the ice. This Red Wings team just doesn't seem to have any confidence. Edmonton has been full of confidence since before the playoffs even started. I've had a bad feeling before the series even started.

It's very disappointing that the Red Wings are struggling so much. They were so good during the regular season. Maybe everyone that said the Wings playing in weak central division padded their record was right. I can understand a young team getting knocked out in the first round, but it's inexcusable for a veteran team like the Red Wings to lose in the first round. These guys have been here many times and should know by now what it takes to win. The Red Wings are suppose to have this great leadership and one of the best Captains in the NHL, but I have yet to see it in the playoffs.
thank you for finally posting without saying the Wings should be dismantled leaving only Lidstrom, now i can start to take you seriously... kind of.
questioning Stevie's captaincy detracts from your credibility every time you mention it. he's the greatest captain of all time; i'm open to hearing other possibilities, but meritless arguments to the contrary (like yours) will be summarily dismissed.
Steve has never been a vocal leader, on or off the ice... no surprise we're not hearing anything this year.
it's not inexcusable for a veteran team to lose in the playoffs, it happens to 15/16 teams, 8 of those in the first round. it's nice that we've grown used to greatness all these years, but expecting to win every game or be pushed through the playoffs on just experience or skill is foolish. that's why you play the game.

Old
04-25-2006, 08:58 PM
1datsyuk3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank19
His future with the Wings will be decided in these playoffs.
No it wont where the hell do you come up with this random ********?

Honestly don't post this stupid ****....

Closed Thread