HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game 2 GDT: Montreal @ Carolina 4/24/06 7PM EST RDS,CBC

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2006, 03:16 AM
Sthabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs
yup i really like what perez did tonight
As much as i like the guy, sometimes he reminds me a bit of Bulis at a certain time, very nice plays, but just can t get it in.
Big to the team
Oh yea and i don t know why i have that feeling that Perez would be an awesome center

Old
04-25-2006, 03:32 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
375 posts to go boys!!! Keep it up!!!

Old
04-25-2006, 03:49 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Looks like Bob Gainey's intuition has paid off. Getting Huet and Bonk for Garon. Signing a mobile Dandenault for a lot less money than Bob Clarke was spending on large pylons like Hatcher, ineffectual against speedy Buffalo. Making judicious use of his young players. Getting good coaching help like Carboneau.

Posters often rail against the lack of a large trade or signing in the off-season, suggesting trades involving many of our players for a star, but the results so far indicate that a more incremental approach, with what looks like minor tweaking and especially costs little, mindful of what the team needs most, can pay off. Although it's still early in the playoffs to get too excited, this team is already further along than many would have given it credit for, in the preseason and in the trough that the team hit with Theo on nets. At the very least, it's an encouraging development.

If Chipchura and Latendresse can pan out, along with a defensive prospect or two, and Huet is resigned, this team can be competitive a long time.

Old
04-25-2006, 05:03 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat
Looks like Bob Gainey's intuition has paid off. Getting Huet and Bonk for Garon. Signing a mobile Dandenault for a lot less money than Bob Clarke was spending on large pylons like Hatcher, ineffectual against speedy Buffalo.
That reminds me, last night while listening to the radio feed, it sounded like he was always in the right place and doing what needed to be done. He is certainly showing his value to us now, i hope he keeps up the good work

And for all you lunatics hoping we win the next 14 games straight in OT, as awesome a record as that would be, how about we just try and win a few of those in regulation, hey? Please?

Well done boys, the win feels just as sweet this morning as it did when you won it.... this morning (3.48am was the time)

Role on the Bell Centre and the total lack of point in the CJAD guys trying to be heard over the sound of all those Habs fans

EDIT - although we are only through 2 games so far so stats aren't incredibly meaningful at this point, Kovalev is tied for 1st in the league for goals, tied for 2nd in the league in points and 17th for assists. Lets hope he can build on those stats game in, game out

Last edited by Qui Gon Dave: 04-25-2006 at 06:11 AM.
Old
04-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Darz

Ah.....what a game.

My only concern is if Souray isn't back Wednesday. If Souray's back on Wednesday, I feel real confident. All four offensive lines are performing close to or surpassing their potential. Our first line might be our weakest right now, and all in all they haven't played that bad.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

...man, I can't wait for Wednesday!!!!!

04-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Russeltown

Hourray for final exams!!! I love stanley cup playoffs!!

LOL!

GO HABS GO!
GO HABS GO!

Old
04-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Ah.....what a game.

My only concern is if Souray isn't back Wednesday. If Souray's back on Wednesday, I feel real confident. All four offensive lines are performing close to or surpassing their potential. Our first line might be our weakest right now, and all in all they haven't played that bad.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

...man, I can't wait for Wednesday!!!!!
We have to win wednesday...if we can stay out of the box we'll win.

Cap

Old
04-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Habsaku

Lets give Dandenault some props, this guy has been amazing. Since the Olympic break, he's been nothing but stellar. Good for him, we signed him real cheap.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Lets give Dandenault some props, this guy has been amazing. Since the Olympic break, he's been nothing but stellar. Good for him, we signed him real cheap.
I agree. The bonehead Dandenault from the first half of this season is gone.

In fact, the entire D has been playing stellar in their own end.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:58 AM
mt_mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
I agree. The bonehead Dandenault from the first half of this season is gone.

In fact, the entire D has been playing stellar in their own end.
BIG time. He's winning a lot of the little battles in the corner, and coming out with the puck quite often!!!

Is it normal to watch the Habs higlights from last nights game, over, and over, and over again?? I just cant stop smilling at work today!!!!

Old
04-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:

Very true.

I wonder if the firing of the Great Julien and Green has anything to do with it?

- This game was all about character. Awesome effort.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Beakermania*

What a game.... OLE, OLE, OLE,......

Go HABS Go....

OH, oh, oh, oh, oh...

Old
04-25-2006, 12:05 PM
larue*

Havent heard much about Kovy. What a great game or should I say games he has had. For some reason he seems way more dangerous with the puck in the playoffs than reg season. He is also right in the middle of the scrums and doesnt back down from no one. Oh and what a beauty shot under the crossbar to tie the game last night. If he keeps playing like this it will be a huge plus for us.

Old
04-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Garp

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue
Havent heard much about Kovy. What a great game or should I say games he has had. For some reason he seems way more dangerous with the puck in the playoffs than reg season. He is also right in the middle of the scrums and doesnt back down from no one. Oh and what a beauty shot under the crossbar to tie the game last night. If he keeps playing like this it will be a huge plus for us.
I agree
This is why the Habs signed him this summer. He's such a difference maker...

Old
04-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue
Ya, Kovy has definately taking his game up a notch. Best player on either team by a mile, imo.

Old
04-25-2006, 03:17 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
haha...RYDERS on the Storm, RYDERS on the Storm....

His younger brother, Daniel, set up the winning goal in OT for the Peterborough Petes win over the Barrie colts in the OHL Eastern Conference final tonight. He also had a goal in the game. How freaky is that? I just couldn't resist.
Also, in game one of that series in Peterborough versus the Barrie Colts, Michael's brother Daniel scored 1 goal in the game, and scored the winning goal in the 3rd. overtime period. Great playoffs so far for the Ryder family in Newfoundland.

Old
04-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sblower6hn.gif

Old
04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
jcpenny

Aside from the Adams sisters theres another cane i just cant stand; Peter Laviolette. Hes so over confident it makes me sick.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Aside from the Adams sisters theres another cane i just cant stand; Peter Laviolette. Hes so over confident it makes me sick.
You stole my line you *******!

Old
04-25-2006, 11:26 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
You stole my line you *******!
I know and if i remember that it was from u i would have quoted it
nice line BTW

Old
04-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Turbo

Wow, you guys seem to be going all out to break the length record of the last GDT!

Anyway, just thought I'd weigh in to do my part:

GO GO!!!

Old
04-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Habitant#1

I just have to say it again: WHAT A GAME!

Old
04-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Prrebel

That was one of the best hockey games I ever saw. Speed, hitting, excitement, lead changes, overtime and then the dramatics.

If you were not a hockey fan before this one.... you definatatly were after.

Old
04-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Man... The John Molson School of Business must PAY. I never miss a Habs game. Really. Never. And the one dam game I miss because I have a Financial Accounting final from 7 PM - 10 PM is "the best game of the year" - if not of the past several years.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. They MUST impose a law against evening exams in Montreal during playoff time.

Old
04-26-2006, 10:34 AM
nilan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Man... The John Molson School of Business must PAY. I never miss a Habs game. Really. Never. And the one dam game I miss because I have a Financial Accounting final from 7 PM - 10 PM is "the best game of the year" - if not of the past several years.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. They MUST impose a law against evening exams in Montreal during playoff time.
At least you got to see OT. No? I work every weeknigth from 6-10 so I'm missing all three games this week At least my fellow Hab fan at work has a small black and white so I get to see the occasional glimpse of the game. I bet you **** the bed on the exam thinking about the Habs the whole time too.

Closed Thread