HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone see the Habs play Soccer on Sports 30 !

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2006, 11:21 PM
JMMR

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I love Kovalev his interviews are Ovechkin esque!

Old
04-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Zednik and Bulis were pretty damn good at it too.

Seems like most of the European guys on our team (+ Ribeiro, who's Portuguese, and who's dad was a professional soccer player apparently, for the Montreal Maniac) were involved in it.

I read an article in Canadiens magazine a couple of years ago that said that Saku Koivu is a huge soccer fan, and a big Manchester United supporter.
Saku is a LOSER

OUT OF MONTREAL... HE's a CHOKER!!

RIBS IS BETTER SAKU IS TOO SMALL HE ONLY HAS ONE POINT? BOOOOOOOH

I can't STAND THAT GUY Where has he BEEN SINCE HIS CONTRACT EH?

CHOKER CHOKER CHOKER CHOKER!!!

p.s. snifff....snifff...i can't like him anymore... snifff...im an arsenal fan...snifff...snifff....

DOWN WITH SAKU KOIVU!!

Old
04-23-2006, 11:23 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Is Kanye West joking or....?

Old
04-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
obviously not.

Old
04-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
Incoherent Arsenal fan ranting
Just ignore it, unless you care about the Premiership. Then either agree with Mr. West or make fun of him.

Old
04-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Habsolument

Hmmm Liverpool fan here. I'll take exception for Saku, but ONLY this time... ManU fan Arsenal is also the "Ub3r Suxorz!!111" even if they are still in the CL (Barca will win it anyway)

Old
04-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument
Hmmm Liverpool fan here. I'll take exception for Saku, but ONLY this time... ManU fan Arsenal is also the "Ub3r Suxorz!!111" even if they are still in the CL (Barca will win it anyway)
Oy... another Arsenal hater

ooh were Liverpool were sooo much better...right

Arsenal all the way!!!!

Barca... u gotta be kidding man...stop smoking Mary Jane!

Old
04-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Slick Nick

The name of the game is Football, not soccer... You have American Footbal (the borring one) and Football (the great one) ... and Canadian Football (the borring one with slight changes in the rules).

As for the Habs, I think Zednik and Plekanec had to choose between football and hockey at a critical age; they were elite at both. I thought Ribs has looked solid on the video.. Kovy seemed shook

Does anyone know if Aeby ever played keeper (foot) back home? His style (throwing upper body twards the puck) reminds me a lot of a football Gkeeper..

Old
04-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Habsolument

Quote:
Oy... another Arsenal hater

ooh were Liverpool were sooo much better...right

Arsenal all the way!!!!

Barca... u gotta be kidding man...stop smoking Mary Jane!

I'm not really a hater, I enjoy the play of Henry and the young guns of Arse, but I simply cannot like them, you know with all that rivalry stuff Anyway, I'm not saying 'pool is that much better or anything, although we are in front of you guys in the Prem and we won the CL last year , and I'll tell you that I am eagerly waiting to see a Barca vs Arsenal CL final on May 17th.

As for the TSN video, pretty neat to see the guys (Bulis, Kovy, Ribs, etc) control the ball like that, nice headers.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 243
I dont know anything about ero foot , but who's the 'Montreal Canadiens' and the 'NY Yankees' of that league ?

Old
04-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Koivu is a Man U supporter? Koivu FTW!

Old
04-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I dont know anything about ero foot , but who's the 'Montreal Canadiens' and the 'NY Yankees' of that league ?
each country has it's own pro leagues... but you have tournaments that include the best teams of each league...

Old
04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
It's a tough question, because there are so many leagues, and so many competitions to choose from. In Europe, there is also a greater disparity amongst the top end clubs (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Milan, Inter, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and possibly Lyon are the perennial powers) and the bottom end clubs. I'll base my answers off league titles:

In Italy, it is probably Juventus. They have 28 scudetto (Italian League titles) throughout their history.

In Spain, Real Madrid has 29 La Liga titles. Barcelona has 18 Spanish titles, and will add another one this year.

In England, I'm not very certain. It seems like some eras were dominated by one club. The 1930s were dominated by Arsenal, the 1950s, the Wolves were a prominent squad. During the 1970s and 80s Liverpool was a powerful club, while the 1990s were dominated mainly by Manchester United and Arsenal.

The fact that the rich and powerful teams generally stay at the top also makes it difficult to say which team are the Canadiens or Yankees. A poor season for any of those rich clubs nowadays is a 4-5th place finish in a 16-20 team league, which isn't bad by NHL standards.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:49 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Barca all the way baby!!!

Old
04-24-2006, 01:30 AM
High flyin' Habs*

Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Quote:
In Italy, it is probably Juventus. They have 28 scudetto (Italian League titles) throughout their history.
But Milan has won the most important European trophy more times than Juventus. Dont forget that.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:31 AM
High flyin' Habs*

Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSTRAK
Barca all the way baby!!!
Milan 2-0 Barca in Nou camp.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:33 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
It's a tough question, because there are so many leagues, and so many competitions to choose from. In Europe, there is also a greater disparity amongst the top end clubs (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Milan, Inter, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and possibly Lyon are the perennial powers) and the bottom end clubs. I'll base my answers off league titles:

In Spain, Real Madrid has 29 La Liga titles. Barcelona has 18 Spanish titles, and will add another one this year.

In England, I'm not very certain. It seems like some eras were dominated by one club. The 1930s were dominated by Arsenal, the 1950s, the Wolves were a prominent squad. During the 1970s and 80s Liverpool was a powerful club, while the 1990s were dominated mainly by Manchester United and Arsenal.

The fact that the rich and powerful teams generally stay at the top also makes it difficult to say which team are the Canadiens or Yankees. A poor season for any of those rich clubs nowadays is a 4-5th place finish in a 16-20 team league, which isn't bad by NHL standards.

If you use the Champions League to rank the European teams, Real Madrid leads the way with 8 or 9 titles (can't remember). Then, you've got Milan AC and Liverpool with 5 wins and Ajax Amsterdam and Bayern Munich with 4.

Add FC Barcelona, Juventus Turin and Manchester United which were not as successful in this competition and you probably have the top 8. Don't know who to had to round out the top 10. Probably Inter Milan, and then ???

Lyon shouldn't be included in any historic review of the greatest, as they just won their 5th title in a row in France, but never won any before. They are still far behind St-Etienne (10), Nantes & Marseille (8) or Monaco (7). All these teams also reached at least the semi-finals of the Champions League (actually, except Nantes, all the others reached the final, Marseille winning it in 93), while Lyon can't break through the quarter-finals.

My favourite teams are Ajax Amsterdam and hometown FC Nantes, two teams that used to display the fanciest collective play in Europe, while still managing to win. They also used to build their teams with young players developed in their respective organisations at a time when this wasn't very common.
I also root for Udinese, my late grandfather hometown, and AC Milan & AS Roma, where one of his cousins was the goalkeeper in the 50's / 60's.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:49 AM
High flyin' Habs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax
If you use the Champions League to rank the European teams, Real Madrid leads the way with 8 or 9 titles (can't remember). Then, you've got Milan AC and Liverpool with 5
AC Milan has 6.

Old
04-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

After playing a few of them said:"i`ve never been in a hockey team with such a great team spirit. Everybody goes along with one another". Then my uncle said to me that apparantly the wives of the Habs are best friends and Kovu and his wife are trying to learn french!

And here I was a few days ago making a thread about the locker room being a depressed place with cancers everywhere. So much for my clueless stupid fan insight!

Old
04-24-2006, 07:05 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Saku is a LOSER

OUT OF MONTREAL... HE's a CHOKER!!

RIBS IS BETTER SAKU IS TOO SMALL HE ONLY HAS ONE POINT? BOOOOOOOH

I can't STAND THAT GUY Where has he BEEN SINCE HIS CONTRACT EH?

CHOKER CHOKER CHOKER CHOKER!!!

p.s. snifff....snifff...i can't like him anymore... snifff...im an arsenal fan...snifff...snifff....

DOWN WITH SAKU KOIVU!!
I know, I'm an Arsenal fan too, it hurts to think Saku cheers for such an horrible team as Man U.

Maybe he'll change his mind after the Gunners win the Champions League.

Old
04-24-2006, 07:08 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:

Pffff Italy is all Inter! ALL INTER BABY!

Old
04-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Matrix

Just saw the clip, anyone could tell me who were the players involved, 'cause I don't know if it's my computer but the only players that I could see were Bulis, Kovy, and Ribs. Who were the others???

Old
04-24-2006, 08:07 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Just saw the clip, anyone could tell me who were the players involved, 'cause I don't know if it's my computer but the only players that I could see were Bulis, Kovy, and Ribs. Who were the others???
I could see Huet.

Old
04-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Habsruleen

Quote:
Zednik and Bulis were pretty damn good at it too.

Seems like most of the European guys on our team (+ Ribeiro, who's Portuguese, and who's dad was a professional soccer player apparently, for the Montreal Maniac) were involved in it.

I read an article in Canadiens magazine a couple of years ago that said that Saku Koivu is a huge soccer fan, and a big Manchester United supporter.
I'm pretty sure you mean Montreal Manic And I like Saku even more as well! ROOOOOOOOOONEY!

Old
04-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

the tsn clip Only showed a bunch of guys bouncing balls on theirs heads...is there a longer clip somewhere?

Closed Thread