HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings @ Oilers --Nov 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 09:57 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

vCash: 500
Wings @ Oilers --Nov 1

The oilers will go into their 2nd game of their 10 game winning streak tommorow at skyreach center...should be a good game, pretty sure Joseph is getting the nod for the wings

Old
11-01-2003, 02:45 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
if joseph in net then 4-2 edmonton if hasek 5-0 edmonton, if Manny 3-1 wings

Old
11-01-2003, 04:06 AM
Yorkiegirl161861

Wings have been struggling recently. They lost to the Blues in a high scoring game and followed that with a loss to the Predators. It's a good opportunity for the Oilers to take full advantage.

Old
11-01-2003, 04:47 AM
Lowetide

There are so many things that have to break right for Edmonton to win tonight:

1. Stay out of the penalty box.

2. Big game from Salo.

3. Confident D clearing the net and making the outlet pass.

This could be a very ugly game.

Old
11-01-2003, 04:56 AM
Shibumi

Give Tommy the night off, start Valiquette.

Wow, what is that about 18 million tied up in goalie salaries?Just another reason why the league needs a salary cap.

Old
11-01-2003, 04:58 AM
Shibumi

One more thing...Hemsky gets his first NHL hat trick tonight.

Old
11-01-2003, 05:46 AM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi
Give Tommy the night off, start Valiquette.

Wow, what is that about 18 million tied up in goalie salaries?Just another reason why the league needs a salary cap.
Valiquette was assigned to Toronto yesterday.

Old
11-01-2003, 07:00 AM
Oiler94

Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
The game is on CBC tonite, and I'm going to bring a sign to the game tonite. I was thinking either:
Cry
Baby
Comrie

or

Can't
Buy
Comrie

Any ideas?

Old
11-01-2003, 07:03 AM
Obsessed

I agree with LT. For the Oil to win they will have to stay out of the box. The Detroit PP will kill us. Hull, Shanny, Lidstrom and Stevie are Oil killers!!

Cooler heads will prevail. The Wings will want to score early so they will come out flying. If we can whether the storm we will have a good chance of winning. If not.... It will be ugly.

Old
11-01-2003, 07:09 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
if joseph in net then 4-2 edmonton if hasek 5-0 edmonton, if Manny 3-1 wings
I thought Hasek was sidelined with his groin injury for the time being? If that's the case, I think it'll be likely Cujo starts in goal.

Old
11-01-2003, 07:11 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
I agree with LT. For the Oil to win they will have to stay out of the box. The Detroit PP will kill us. Hull, Shanny, Lidstrom and Stevie are Oil killers!!
They also have Holmstrom clogging up the front of the net. But at least they don't have Igor Larionov anymore. That's a plus right?

Old
11-01-2003, 07:19 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I thought Hasek was sidelined with his groin injury for the time being? If that's the case, I think it'll be likely Cujo starts in goal.
I agree, they need to showcase him one last time for a trade

Old
11-01-2003, 07:35 AM
PigPen

4-2 wings
Detroit: Zetterburg, Lidstrom, Hull, Holmstrom
Edmonton: York, Moreau

Here are the reasons I think the wings dominate like they can and should tonight.

1) They haven't lost 3 games in a row since 96-97. The last time they lost 4 in a row was in 89-90.
2) This is the first time they've been at the .500 mark since the start of either 91-92 or 92-93.
3) They haven't been below the .500 mark at any time during a season since 90-91
4) Last game was a wakeup call to a lot of wings' players who were playing lazy hockey. (IE: Chris Chelios, Brendan Shanahan, Darren McCarty, and Kirk Maltby) And trust me, it's not their age catching up to them.
5) This is a veteran team that will not accept anything other than a win tonight.

I think tonight will be a very tight game with the wings coming out on top. They've had a day off and a lot of reflecting to do on the last game. If they don't pull off a win here, then that shows just how much character this team has.

Old
11-01-2003, 08:07 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler94
The game is on CBC tonite, and I'm going to bring a sign to the game tonite. I was thinking either:
Cry
Baby
Comrie

or

Can't
Buy
Comrie

Any ideas?
Cash
Buys
Comrie

or for that 2 dimensional signage appeal

Comrie available
Bring
Carloads of Big Cash

The better half suggested the change!

Old
11-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Cry
Baby
Comrie

i like that the most

Old
11-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Behind Enemy Lines

This is a big game but as Pig Pen alludes it is just as important to the RedWings. They have played poorly and have this goaltending issue looking over the team. I hope Cujo falters but championship teams usually rise to the challenge. Wings 3, Oilers 2. (Please let me be wrong).
Why? Hall of Famer Stevie Y.

On a personal note, I'm just about to embark on the road to Edmonton. Tonight's game will be my first visit since this rink was known as Northlands - pre-renovations. Sad, but looking forward to an inspired game. Go Oil!

Old
11-01-2003, 08:58 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
All this talk about the Wings haven't been this since then and that since then and blah blah blah means crap. I could say, ok their due then to lose that many in a row!

Old
11-01-2003, 09:56 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
All this talk about the Wings haven't been this since then and that since then and blah blah blah means crap. I could say, ok their due then to lose that many in a row!
Exactly. Plus, the Oilers usually get up for games against top opponents. It doesn't guaranty a win but it should be a good game.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:57 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
Cry
Baby
Comrie
That one's already WAY overdone, and that garbage should stop anyway, we need this guy back now that the signings are coming down and the team is about 10 games in. Make a sign mocking Hatcher for being out, or Joseph for bein stuck in no man's land, or Chelios for being....well, Chelios.

I really wish Ty was starting tonight, the way he was playing before he got hurt, he deserves it, Tommy deserves pine. Detroit is supposedly starting Joseph, which I think means the Oilers have a better chance to win than against Manny. The Wings coulda solved all their goaltending problems for cheap a few years back if they'd have just let him start, guy's a keeper. Wish we could get him, but I don't know if he'll ever leave Detroit.....

Old
11-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler94
Cry
Baby
Comrie

or

Can't
Buy
Comrie

Any ideas?
Last saturday, there was someone at the game with a sign that said
Anybody...
C an
B eat
C algary

Except us it seems...

Someone else had a Comrie jersey, and taped off the "omrie" with masking tape. They wrote over it with black marker "rybaby" - it looked
flippin great!

Old
11-01-2003, 11:23 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
That (Cry Baby Comrie) one's already WAY overdone, and that garbage should stop anyway, we need this guy back now that the signings are coming down and the team is about 10 games in. Make a sign mocking Hatcher for being out, or Joseph for bein stuck in no man's land, or Chelios for being....well, Chelios.

I really wish Ty was starting tonight, the way he was playing before he got hurt, he deserves it, Tommy deserves pine. Detroit is supposedly starting Joseph, which I think means the Oilers have a better chance to win than against Manny. The Wings coulda solved all their goaltending problems for cheap a few years back if they'd have just let him start, guy's a keeper. Wish we could get him, but I don't know if he'll ever leave Detroit.....
Now lighten up a little LmHf#1, OK, and remember according to some (think ... Rich Winters among many others here) there isn't such a thing as bad press or publicity. It's all in good fun and Comrie and the real heavy hitters in the NHL power elite Know the score.

The better half watching me type this while urging me to shovel a dusting of the white from the driveway just exclaimed in horror ... NOT THE WE THE PEOPLE !!! Rant, pleeezzzz lord no; well sorry to say, too late, poster fans & fanettes.

We the pathetic, lowly paying stiffs who ultimately foot the bill, which we regularly bury into our own butts and then lick clean our silly selves as we continue to pay the $izeable tab for substandard hockey product have only ourselves to blame. Hey! those fortunate enough to attend Skyreach tonight, forget not, to delight in the decadent, lavish, and sumptuous display of player budget excess as it RedWings it's U$ green slickly about the ice. Cujo the cashful, as opposed to the bashful, will display his considerable Be - wares, and if the young less expensive Copper & Blue boys get caught admiring, with envy, Joseph's golden patina the pucks and the bucks will continue stop at Cujo's Crea$e.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:28 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Now lighten up a little LmHf#1, OK, and remember according to some (think ... Rich Winters among many others here) there isn't such a thing as bad press or publicity. It's all in good fun and Comrie and the real heavy hitters in the NHL power elite Know the score.
I mentioned it because there were at least 4 of those signs last game, gets really old in a hurry, besides, there are more important people to rag on.

BTW, where were the Kariya+Selanne signs when Colorado showed up???
Passin that up is pretty shocking.

Old
11-01-2003, 11:39 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
I mentioned it because there were at least 4 of those signs last game, gets really old in a hurry, besides, there are more important people to rag on.

BTW, where were the Kariya+Selanne signs when Colorado showed up???
Passin that up is pretty shocking.
I agree, wealthy visiting badguy hide should make for much better target practice. Cash-in Big Cujo works for me.

Old
11-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Kukla

How about

Canada's
Best
Captain

Thanks Steve Yzerman!

Old
11-01-2003, 01:12 PM
LawnDemon

how about:

Cash
Buys
Cups

then draw a long slope with the NHL logo sliding down the side... (league going downhill fast)

Closed Thread