HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question regarding Prucha...

Old
04-24-2006, 10:35 AM
BlueJimmie

vCash: 500
Question regarding Prucha...

I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me an assessment of Petr Prucha's future. I picked him up last December in our fantasy league and we're down to picking keepers. I get to keep one designated rookie and I'm trying to decide between Prucha and Brad Boyes. Now I can appreciate your dislike of the Bruins (I'm a Blues fan and I hate...well just about every team in the Western Conference!) but I'm wanting to keep the best team possible. I'd appreciate your opinion on his ability and Boyes too since you guys have seen them both play more than I have.

Thanks!

BlueJimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 11:04 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Brad Boyes is the safer bet

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Go with Scott Fraser, can't miss.

Really, do you realize that this is the 400th post from 'fatasy players' wanting know what we think of 'so and so'???

Please go here:

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 11:22 AM
BlueJimmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Go with Scott Fraser, can't miss.

Really, do you realize that this is the 400th post from 'fatasy players' wanting know what we think of 'so and so'???

Please go here:

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61
No, I didn't realize that. I figured actual Ranger fans could give me a real world assessment of their skills. Thanks for helping though. Sorry I wasted the 20 seconds it took you to read my post. The two minutes it took you to post yours are all on you, however.

Old
04-24-2006, 11:26 AM
nexusrage21

Luckily in my league I get to keep both Prucha and Boyes.

I would keep Boyes though, he has more of an ability to make his own opportunities.

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLueJimmie
No, I didn't realize that. I figured actual Ranger fans could give me a real world assessment of their skills. Thanks for helping though. Sorry I wasted the 20 seconds it took you to read my post. The two minutes it took you to post yours are all on you, however.
Call me when you hit double digit posts friend.

I give you some credit, most of the annoying fantasy players
try and act like they're just Ranger fans looking for info(like you couldnt google the name Prucha and get 5 million articles and opinions on his play).

Seriously, you think theres nothing wrong with coming
around during the most anticipated time of our season and going 'hey guys, uh...whatta ya think of Prucha?'

Last edited by Bluenote13: 04-24-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old
04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
BlueJimmie

Quote:

try and act like they're just Ranger fans looking for info(like you couldnt google the name Prucha and get 5 million articles and opinions on his play).

around during the most anticipated time of our season and going 'hey guys, uh...whatta ya think of Prucha?'

Ah yes, the inevitable indictment of worthiness based on the number of posts.

As far as coming around during the most anticipated time of your season I can feel you...we had 25 years of that until this year. I figured I'd make you as miserable as me. In all seriousness is coming around here to ask a question about a Ranger really all that "rude" even if you are in the playoffs? Did I miss the sticky that insists all posts must be playoff related? Now who is wasting who's time? Just answer the original question. Then we're done.

Old
04-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Ah yes, the inevitable indictment of worthiness based on the number of posts.

As far as coming around during the most anticipated time of your season I can feel you...we had 25 years of that until this year. I figured I'd make you as miserable as me. In all seriousness is coming around here to ask a question about a Ranger really all that "rude" even if you are in the playoffs? Did I miss the sticky that insists all posts must be playoff related? Now who is wasting who's time? Just answer the original question. Then we're done.
Forget it, I know I'm going to.

Old
04-24-2006, 11:58 AM
BlueJimmie

Quote:
Forget it, I know I'm going to.
Hey you're helping me work on getting the all important double digit posts. Will you talk to me then? Pretty please?

Old
04-24-2006, 12:18 PM
pld459666

I'd like to know what's wrong with it

Quote:

because I'm not sure that there's anything wrong with it.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 12:22 PM
pld459666

I would say it depends

Quote:
I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me an assessment of Petr Prucha's future. I picked him up last December in our fantasy league and we're down to picking keepers. I get to keep one designated rookie and I'm trying to decide between Prucha and Brad Boyes. Now I can appreciate your dislike of the Bruins (I'm a Blues fan and I hate...well just about every team in the Western Conference!) but I'm wanting to keep the best team possible. I'd appreciate your opinion on his ability and Boyes too since you guys have seen them both play more than I have.

Thanks!
on a few things.

What kind of league is it? Straight Fantasy league that uses points in direct correlation to goals in the NHL = Goals in your league or is it SIM based Fantasy league??

Old
04-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
because I'm not sure that there's anything wrong with it.
Like I said, I give him credit for at least being honest that he's here
to ask about his fantasy player. Other than that, there's a fantasy board for these type questions. Better yet, just search using the 'search' window at the top or google his name and you'll get more than you need to know.

It's like the 'whats there to do in NY' threads that pop up every month. You're right, its no big deal, except Fletch gets to point out Grimaldi's as his favorite pizza place again

Old
04-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Smelco

I think Bluenote just needs to buzz off. The guy can post whatever he wants, you dont have to reply to it if you dont think its worth to set foot of your holy rangers board.

Smelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 12:45 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
I would go with Boyes, however, IMHO if Prucha never got hurt, he would've continued his winning ways.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelco
I think Bluenote just needs to buzz off. The guy can post whatever he wants, you dont have to reply to it if you dont think its worth to set foot of your holy rangers board.
And here come the lawyers.....

Like I said, it doesn't matter to me, just thought there was a fantasy board for this exact thing.

And btw, there's NO WAY of telling what Prucha will be by the numbers based on what we've seen of him(this year or at last years WC's). He could score 2 goals or 52, thats as accurate as you're going to get based on his previous seasons.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:35 PM
BlueJimmie

Quote:
And here come the lawyers.....

Like I said, it doesn't matter to me, just thought there was a fantasy board for this exact thing.

And btw, there's NO WAY of telling what Prucha will be by the numbers based on what we've seen of him(this year or at last years WC's). He could score 2 goals or 52, thats as accurate as you're going to get based on his previous seasons.
Well, per your suggestion, I tried the Fantasy board and there's nobody over there. I figured since New York was the 11th largest city in the world that there wouldn't be a shortage of fans to comment on Prucha's abilities. Is his season a result of his own abilities or the people he's playing with? Can he sustain this scoring or pehaps make other players benefit from his talent? That's what I want to know. Sure, ultimately it is for fantasy hockey, but I'm asking Ranger Hockey Fans about a Ranger's skills, abilities and potential vs another player you may have seen waaay more than I got a chance to see.

BTW, Bluenote13, what's with you being a Ranger fan but you're named after my team?

What am I I at? Nine? Ome more and maybe you'll talk to me.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Well, per your suggestion, I tried the Fantasy board and there's nobody over there. I figured since New York was the 11th largest city in the world that there wouldn't be a shortage of fans to comment on Prucha's abilities. Is his season a result of his own abilities or the people he's playing with? Can he sustain this scoring or pehaps make other players benefit from his talent? That's what I want to know. Sure, ultimately it is for fantasy hockey, but I'm asking Ranger Hockey Fans about a Ranger's skills, abilities and potential vs another player you may have seen waaay more than I got a chance to see.

BTW, Bluenote13, what's with you being a Ranger fan but you're named after my team?

What am I I at? Nine? Ome more and maybe you'll talk to me.
Good, this'll be all you need to know then:

Before he showed up in NY he wasn't known for his goal scoring/his shot, he was a mucker who works hard, finds the puck and gets his team chances.

This year he's shown(for the most part, before the injury) that he has scoring ability, a very good shot, ability to withstand the NA game, gets himself into the open lanes, and is a deceptive one on one player. But, after his injury, he didn't generate as much for himself or his teammates and looked to take more penalties than he drew, contrary to the start of the season.

Now, how that'll help even David Conte himself determine what he'll give us next game, next year or the next decade, is beyond me. He's shown us the ability to play the NA game. He has all the tools, but then again, this was one year, which was uncharacteristic of his former years overseas.

Bluenote13

I'm Blue cause I root for the Rangers

Old
04-24-2006, 01:49 PM
BlueJimmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
on a few things.

What kind of league is it? Straight Fantasy league that uses points in direct correlation to goals in the NHL = Goals in your league or is it SIM based Fantasy league??
Here's our scoring system:

A goal is worth 1.0, ppg worth 1.5
Assist = .75, ppa worth 1.00
pim = one minute is worth .05
sog = 0.1

________________Gm__G__A_Pts_+-_pm,pp,sh,sog,Fantasy points
Boyes, Brad C BOS_ 82_26_43_69_11_30_8._0_203_88.3
Prucha, Petr C NYR_68_30_,17_47_,3_32_16_0_130_68.4

Old
04-24-2006, 01:53 PM
BlueJimmie

Quote:
Good, this'll be all you need to know then:

Before he showed up in NY he wasn't known for his goal scoring/his shot, he was a mucker who works hard, finds the puck and gets his team chances.

This year he's shown(for the most part, before the injury) that he has scoring ability, a very good shot, ability to withstand the NA game, gets himself into the open lanes, and is a deceptive one on one player. But, after his injury, he didn't generate as much for himself or his teammates and looked to take more penalties than he drew, contrary to the start of the season.

Now, how that'll help even David Conte himself determine what he'll give us next game, next year or the next decade, is beyond me. He's shown us the ability to play the NA game. He has all the tools, but then again, this was one year, which was uncharacteristic of his former years overseas.

Bluenote13

I'm Blue cause I root for the Rangers
Thanks! Good post. Much appreciated. Isn't Blue a great color? The only color I think I like more is Cardinal Red. Not as nice as pinstripes I'm sure.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:

sog = 0.1

As much as I love Prucha, I think Boyes is the safer bet. He's a magician with the puck and finally found his niche in Boston.

Leetchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Thanks! Good post. Much appreciated. Isn't Blue a great color? The only color I think I like more is Cardinal Red. Not as nice as pinstripes I'm sure.
Yanks / Cards October 06

Old
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
BlueJimmie

Quote:
Yanks / Cards October 06
My fingers are crossed.

I wanna puke everytime I see that damn movie, Fever Pitch on TV. Please dear lord if you guys find yourselves ever facing the Cubs in the WS don't let 'em win it. My Cards didn't put forth any effort at all that year. We love rubbing that in their faces as much as you guys enjoyed doing it to BoSox fans. I especially enjoyed taunting them after the ChiSox won last year.

Old
04-24-2006, 02:56 PM
pld459666

Go with Boyes

Quote:

sog = 0.1

Boyes is developing into a solid 1st line center and will man that spot next season as well.

Prucha is a solid 2nd line winger that will average between 25-35 goals a year