HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are you superstitious?

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Are you superstitious?

Debating weither or not I will watch the game tonight, I didn't watch it Sathurday (because I spent the evening with my girlfriend and won't be seeing her until next sathurday) and they won 6-1, what if I watch and they lose? I hate being superstitious...

I could always record the game and watch it afterwards when it's over without knowing the score, that way I wouldn't have any effect on the score.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:46 PM
felixd

Yes I am superstitious, I was wearing my flyers jersey for the game because my habs jerseys were at my house in Dallas, so I'll be wearing it tonight.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Shabutie

I'm only supersticious when it comes to the habs. I have my own little things, like not being able to watch the game on RDS if it's being played at more than one station (everytime I watch it on RDS when it's multi-cast, we lose). For the saturday game I had a habs jersey on when I watched it and I don't have it at my house for tonight, so I'm scared.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:48 PM
tinyzombies

No. It takes hard work to succeed, that's all. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. But you have to work hard and not get cheated.

go habs go

Old
04-24-2006, 12:50 PM
NonoRobot

Am I superstitious ? I was wearing my Habs jersey during the game and purchased an Alex Kovalev bobble head figurine on Saturday afternoon and he scored 2 goals.

Now all I can say is... Expect Koivu to have a good game tonight.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:50 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

no....

where can we get the kovy bubblehead ?

Old
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonoRobot
Am I superstitious ? I was wearing my Habs jersey during the game and purchased an Alex Kovalev bobble head figurine on Saturday afternoon and he scored 2 goals.

Now all I can say is... Expect Koivu to have a good game tonight.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
ti-vite

For 2 months now I ask my 4 month old daughter if the habs will win. Sshe gets it right 90% of the time.

Ex: beforethe last game of regular saeson against NJ, I first asked her and recieved an odd looking stare, into oblivion which me and my wife interpreted as a tie game. Knowing that was impossible, I then asked her again 20 minutes later to clarify or at least who would win the shootout. She immediately released the Kraken in her diaper, huge and horrible stench. Interpretation: Habs are going to **** themselves. Well, it happened.

Since then every morning I ask her with my wife and 2 other kids as witnesses.

She let out a loud laugh this morning with a smile btw = win!

Old
04-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite
She let out a loud laugh this morning with a smile btw = win!
If they win tonight your daughter will officially become as holy as the pretzel.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Live Forever

Im pretty much going to watch the remaining Habs playoff games at the same bar I was at in Game 1. Once you find your lucky charm, you keep using it.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Debating weither or not I will watch the game tonight, I didn't watch it Sathurday (because I spent the evening with my girlfriend and won't be seeing her until next sathurday) and they won 6-1, what if I watch and they lose? I hate being superstitious...

I could always record the game and watch it afterwards when it's over without knowing the score, that way I wouldn't have any effect on the score.

Get rid of that girlyfriend...hockey's way more important than a jinxing lover.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:57 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
I can't answer.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:59 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
If they win tonight your daughter will officially become as holy as the pretzel.
Thankfully she does not understand the pressure she is under...

Old
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
One friend of mine want to go to ANOTHER bar than saturday tonight to watch this game...

I guess i can go to this new bar after the game tonight... i'll watch this game alone.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Hab at it

Nope, not superstitions at all. I have no particular things I do before, during or after a game.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:12 PM

Somewhat...If the game is playing on two stations, RDS and CBC for example, if I start out watching it on RDS and the Habs get scored on, I switch to CBC, etc.

Last game I was at my friends house and we were all watching the game (they're all Sens fans) on CBC, once Carolina scored I told him to put it on RDS, reluctantly they did, and a few moments later we scored, needless to say we didn't change the channel and the Habs scored 6 straight.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:17 PM
ryanghg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Somewhat...If the game is playing on two stations, RDS and CBC for example, if I start out watching it on RDS and the Habs get scored on, I switch to CBC, etc.

Last game I was at my friends house and we were all watching the game (they're all Sens fans) on CBC, once Carolina scored I told him to put it on RDS, reluctantly they did, and a few moments later we scored, needless to say we didn't change the channel and the Habs scored 6 straight.
I do the same sometimes

Old
04-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Darz

Hmmm........am I superstitious when it comes to the habs????

Well on Saturday I wore my lucky blue button up shirt, had my lucky hole in one ball (got my first ever hole in one on Friday) in my shirt pocket, tore grass out of my little brothers front lawn and threw it in the toilet because it was supplied by the Staal sod farm, so no I don't consider myself superstitious.

04-24-2006, 01:19 PM
NonoRobot

You can get bobble head at Metro.

Also I just remembered another superstition I have during Habs playoffs games. I can't take a shower during intermissions. I took showers between periods in 2004 and we lost all the games we played against Boston when I did.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I ain't superstitious... I'm just extremely susceptible to self-delusion.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Hmmm........am I superstitious when it comes to the habs????

Well on Saturday I wore my lucky blue button up shirt, had my lucky hole in one ball (got my first ever hole in one on Friday) in my shirt pocket, tore grass out of my little brothers front lawn and threw it in the toilet because it was supplied by the Staal sod farm, so no I don't consider myself superstitious.

Please urinate on some Staal grass again.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
habfan4

After watching the game with the wife (who kept running upstairs to check her pool picks) and my parents, I've been told I'm more demented than superstitious.

Last edited by habfan4: 04-24-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old
04-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
No. It takes hard work to succeed, that's all. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. But you have to work hard and not get cheated.

go habs go
I totally agree. When I wear my lucky jersey, drink from my lucky beer mug, chant Om while rubbing my belly during commercials and the habs work hard, we usually win.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Hockeymom67

We cannot replicate to a T how we watched the game on Saturday because we had a house full.Being a hockey Mom ,my kids had all my horns,pom poms and bells out and would make noise everytime Habs scored .We can probably get into that again though....We also wore all our Habs jerseys and caps...

Old
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Habsruleen

I am extremely stituous, some might say superstituous. I bought a Habs lighter before the game (because I chain smoke only during playoff games) and will be using it to light up everyone around me again tonight as it worked saturday. I was wearing my white vintage jersey and I won't change it until we lose, then I'll go with the red to break the streak. Of course I refuse to shave this time of year to my wife's chagrin. Oh and I just came back from the Bell Centre to buy a Habs jersey for a friend's bday tomorrow and the girl at the cash gave me a free hat, let's hope it's lucky.

Closed Thread