HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2006, 12:37 PM
SensRbest

vCash: 500
Question

I've been reading all the posts, and everyone seem to be positive about game 3, well I'm worried, Tampa Bay seem determined to win this series, and the way the Sens played in the 3rd period really upsets me and I'm really worried about tomorrow night, what if they lose, what then no momentum for the Sens at all and Tampa will have it all.

Can someone tell me why I should be positive, please I need to feel encouraged, right now I'm not

Old
04-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensRbest

Can someone tell me why I should be positive, please I need to feel encouraged, right now I'm not

Because the Sens are also determined to win. The Sens will not go 16-0 to win the cup, bad games will happen...and yesterday was one of them. Just remember that they had a bad game, but were still up 3-2 in the third.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Air

Quote:
I've been reading all the posts, and everyone seem to be positive about game 3, well I'm worried, Tampa Bay seem determined to win this series, and the way the Sens played in the 3rd period really upsets me and I'm really worried about tomorrow night, what if they lose, what then no momentum for the Sens at all and Tampa will have it all.
Okay, do you remember ECF 2003, when we were down 3-1 vs New Jersey?

Yet we still clawed our way back to 58 mins of a game 7?

This team does have determination. And New Jersey is the hardest team to come back against, given their style of play. If we stole momentum from New Jersey, then you should be at least somewhat optimistic that we can seize momentum from Tampa.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

We had a bad third period in game 2. Tampa had a bad third period in game 1. The series is tied 1-1. Detroit lost to Edmonton, EDMONTON. This is the playoffs, if your gonna cry because the series is tied 1-1 then I really feel sad for you and would recommend you hide in a box until next season.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:00 PM
SensRbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenSk9tSen
We had a bad third period in game 2. Tampa had a bad third period in game 1. The series is tied 1-1. Detroit lost to Edmonton, EDMONTON. This is the playoffs, if your gonna cry because the series is tied 1-1 then I really feel sad for you and would recommend you hide in a box until next season.
Thanks that's what I feel like doing

I love my Sens soooo much, I just wouldn't stand them losing this series.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensRbest

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=245380

Old
04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I'm positive because Tampa Bay buckled down after choking away their lead and responded with a much better effort.

Now we have the opportunity to do the same.

Had Ottawa won the game yesterday, it would obviously have been a good thing but their overall play left a lot to be desired.

We can't keep winning games throughout the playoffs this way and the sooner they can step it up a notch, the better. Maybe losing a game is the way to drive that point home.

In our last big (only?) playoff run, we lost the opener to the Islanders. Sometimes it takes a loss to get the team motivated and playing on the same page. Until then, the errors of players and strategy can get hidden behind the overall result.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:37 PM
SensRbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
I'm positive because Tampa Bay buckled down after choking away their lead and responded with a much better effort.

Now we have the opportunity to do the same.

Had Ottawa won the game yesterday, it would obviously have been a good thing but their overall play left a lot to be desired.

We can't keep winning games throughout the playoffs this way and the sooner they can step it up a notch, the better. Maybe losing a game is the way to drive that point home.

In our last big (only?) playoff run, we lost the opener to the Islanders. Sometimes it takes a loss to get the team motivated and playing on the same page. Until then, the errors of players and strategy can get hidden behind the overall result.
Thanks NyQuil, I knew I'd get a good response from you

Old
04-24-2006, 02:15 PM
SENSfreak_03

unless its toronto, we have responded after losing games...flyers in round 1, islanders in round 1...sometimes this team needs a kick in the pants to get it going. we didnt play that great in game 1, but we won anyways..game 2 the loss can help the team be more critical of itself, and fix what needs to be fixed and come out guns a blazing on tuesday

Closed Thread