HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big thanks to the Wings organization...

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Injektilo

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
Big thanks to the Wings organization...

I got two tickets to yesterday's game off of Ebay, it was a birthday present for me from my parents.... When my girlfriend and I drove down there, we couldn't get in because the tickets were duplicates and had already been used. Needless to say, i was incredbly pissed off, and the box office people weren't much help, they didn't even want to sign anything for me saying that my tickets were duplicates so that I could get proof and maybe get my money back.

So I spot this guy in the boxoffice area wearing suit and handing some other guys some tickets, and I caught his eye and started talking to him. He says "come with me, we'll see what I can do" and he comes back with two tickets to his suite and two tickets in the second level right at centre ice. The suite tickets got us inside because the second level seats had already been scanned, but no one was using them. He said it was a happy birthday gift from him, and he hoped my team did well, but not too well.

So the game was awesome, the rest of the Wings fans were very nice, all around, i talked to an usher there who was Habs fan and had some great stories about players like Sawchuck, Howe and the Rocket, and when I got home, I got a refund from the guy i bought the tickets from.

So, big thanks to that guy in the Wings organization, I only caught his first name, but if I can track him down, I'm gonna let him know I'm making a donation to Right To Play (www.righttoplay.com) as a way of saying thanks for what he did.

IF your Wings can manage to beat my Oilers, I don't think I'll have much problem cheering for the wings the rest of the way.

Oh, and JLA is a nice arena. Very crowded, and too few washrooms, but nice atmosphere and it actually looked like a place where a hockey team plays, unlike the Air Canada Centre.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Hank19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injektilo
Oh, and JLA is a nice arena. Very crowded, and too few washrooms, but nice atmosphere and it actually looked like a place where a hockey team plays, unlike the Air Canada Centre.
Hahahaha. Welcome to Detroit.

Glad to hear your bday wasn't ruined. But now that the Wings have done you a favour do us one and pull a Tonya Harding on Pronger.

Old
04-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Injektilo

Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
Well, I don't live in Edmonton, so it's gonna be a long time till I see the Oilers play in person again.

Old
04-24-2006, 02:42 PM
copperandblue

Geez that's a pretty impressive gesture....I guess not all things Red Wings related are evil

Closed Thread