Even though the team is playing well...

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 03:59 AM
Taz#24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Even though the team is playing well...

We need to add a defenseman. Obviously a #1 type that can log 25+ minutes and QB the PP would be ideal but a top four guy is a must to maintain a decent winning % throughout the season.

The goaltending is looking solid and we have some very good forwards, both offensively gifted and defensively sound.

Who is available on D???...Richard MATVICHUK is on the Block.
Sergie GONCHAR is for sale.
Matthieu SCHNIEDER can probably be had.

What do we have to offer (Martin LAPOINTE's contract makes him almost untradable and in spite of his salary I think he brings a lot to the table so I like having him on the roster?

Perhaps Brian ROLSTON
Maybe Andy HILBERT; and
I'm sure Shoane MORRISONN has dissapointed management and may be available in the right deal. Draft picks are always an option.

The Caps need a shake...how about ROLSTON, HILBERT and MORRISONN for Sergie GONCHAR and Jeff HALPERN?

KNUBLE-THORNTON-MURRAY
SAMSONOV-ZINOJEV-LAPOINTE
AXELSSON-HALPERN-BERGERON
ZAMUNER-GREEN-MCCARTHY/GROSEK

GONCHAR-GILL
BOYNTON-MCGILLIS
O'DONNELL-JILLSON
MORAN

RAYCROFT
POTVIN

Old
11-01-2003, 04:43 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24
We need to add a defenseman. Obviously a #1 type that can log 25+ minutes and QB the PP would be ideal but a top four guy is a must to maintain a decent winning % throughout the season.

The goaltending is looking solid and we have some very good forwards, both offensively gifted and defensively sound.

Who is available on D???...Richard MATVICHUK is on the Block.
Sergie GONCHAR is for sale.
Matthieu SCHNIEDER can probably be had.

What do we have to offer (Martin LAPOINTE's contract makes him almost untradable and in spite of his salary I think he brings a lot to the table so I like having him on the roster?

Perhaps Brian ROLSTON
Maybe Andy HILBERT; and
I'm sure Shoane MORRISONN has dissapointed management and may be available in the right deal. Draft picks are always an option.

The Caps need a shake...how about ROLSTON, HILBERT and MORRISONN for Sergie GONCHAR and Jeff HALPERN?

KNUBLE-THORNTON-MURRAY
SAMSONOV-ZINOJEV-LAPOINTE
AXELSSON-HALPERN-BERGERON
ZAMUNER-GREEN-MCCARTHY/GROSEK

GONCHAR-GILL
BOYNTON-MCGILLIS
O'DONNELL-JILLSON
MORAN

RAYCROFT
POTVIN
I don't think the Bs are looking to add any serious salary so that would nix Gonchar and Schneider...

Old
11-01-2003, 06:51 AM
Bruwinz37

McPhee stated that Gonchar is not on th block, so there goes that idea.

I agree Gonchar is exactly what this team needs, and Schneider would be nice too, but a guy who is available, would be a nice addition, and would be a great player for the rougher Eastern Conference is Denis Gauthier. Could be had much cheaper and would add an element of downright mean-ness (is that a word) that this team could use.

Old
11-01-2003, 07:00 AM
BlacknGold Barbarino

What do you guys think of Skoula from the Avs?

Probably be expensive as all getout to obtain (a first, a roster player, and a higher-end prospect) since he's still really young. He's also prone to the occasional boneheaded decision, but he can move the puck and generally play sound in his own end (aforentioned blunders duly noted).

Old
11-01-2003, 07:04 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of the Vin
What do you guys think of Skoula from the Avs?

Probably be expensive as all getout to obtain (a first, a roster player, and a higher-end prospect) since he's still really young. He's also prone to the occasional boneheaded decision, but he can move the puck and generally play sound in his own end (aforentioned blunders duly noted).
IMO wouldnt be as expensive as you think as long as you could provide a veteran defenseman for the Avs. I am a fan of Skoula, but he would never cost as much as you say. Problem is the Avs arent great trading partners because they dont want prospects, if they trade Skoula it would be as part of a package to get very good veteran Dman to make another cup run.

Old
11-01-2003, 07:43 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Hamrlik?

The Isles might be dumping salary. How about Morrisson and Hilbert for Hamrlik?

Old
11-01-2003, 07:55 AM
BlacknGold Barbarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
The Isles might be dumping salary. How about Morrisson and Hilbert for Hamrlik?
While those two are still decent prospects, they have lost a bit of their luster of late. Unfortunately any deal for Hamrlik (jeez would he be an awesome Bruin!) will need to include something pretty significant, IMO. With Niinimaa now on the Island, Jonsson might be moveable.

Closed Thread