HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Better hope we don't play the Devils.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2006, 05:45 PM
  #1
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,953
vCash: 500
Better hope we don't play the Devils.

After today's performance, the Devs won 6-1. Elias and Gomez even Gionta are madmen. Elias had 2 goals and 4 assists. Gomez had 1 goal and 2 assists, and Gionta had 3 assists. This is the team you better watch out for. If we beat Buffalo, we are more than likely to play them next round. I don't know what I am going to do.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:51 PM
  #2
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,553
vCash: 500
if the habs win then we play the. if they lose we play the canes. that assues ottawa wins

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 06:27 PM
  #3
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
if the habs win then we play the. if they lose we play the canes. that assues ottawa wins
I dont know that you want to meet the Canes any more than you want to meet the Devils. The East is just crazy this year.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 08:39 PM
  #4
orangeandblack
Registered User
 
orangeandblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I dont know that you want to meet the Canes any more than you want to meet the Devils. The East is just crazy this year.
ill take the canes over the devils any day of the week. brodeur vs gerber, no question. that elias-gionta-gomez line has been unstoppable lately. theyde dangle right around our slow defense. the devils have won 12 straight, and i dont see them losing a game until the 2nd round.

orangeandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 09:37 PM
  #5
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 116,452
vCash: 450
The NHL re-seeds in round 2 3 plays the 4/5 if 1 of the 1 or 2 goes out

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:42 AM
  #6
kytem2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaMan21
After today's performance, the Devs won 6-1. Elias and Gomez even Gionta are madmen. Elias had 2 goals and 4 assists. Gomez had 1 goal and 2 assists, and Gionta had 3 assists. This is the team you better watch out for. If we beat Buffalo, we are more than likely to play them next round. I don't know what I am going to do.
Careful what you wish for, it just might come true.

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 06:14 AM
  #7
Steve L*
Registered User
 
Steve L*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southampton, England
Country: England
Posts: 11,548
vCash: 500
Id settle for getting past the Sabres first.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:11 AM
  #8
CNote
Get 'er done
 
CNote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Id settle for getting past the Sabres first.
Ditto. One game at a time people, every team in the East is good!

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 08:06 PM
  #10
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets
Don't worry, you won't be.....
pretty sure that we will. For some reason a lot of you guys thought the series was over in 4 or 5. Now a lot of you are saying sabres win in 7. By the end of Game 2 you will be saying Flyers 7.And by the end of the series sprort center will be saying flyers won in 6.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 08:21 PM
  #11
MLH
Registered User
 
MLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
pretty sure that we will. For some reason a lot of you guys thought the series was over in 4 or 5. Now a lot of you are saying sabres win in 7. By the end of Game 2 you will be saying Flyers 7.And by the end of the series sprort center will be saying flyers won in 6.
Similarly, we heard if Forsberg plays and Esche is good, it would be an easy series for Philly. Well, Forsberg had 2 assists and Esche stood on his head and the Sabres still won in a pretty dominating fashion. If Buffalo plays like they did yesterday it will be a 4 or 5 game series.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 09:51 PM
  #12
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH
Similarly, we heard if Forsberg plays and Esche is good, it would be an easy series for Philly. Well, Forsberg had 2 assists and Esche stood on his head and the Sabres still won in a pretty dominating fashion. If Buffalo plays like they did yesterday it will be a 4 or 5 game series.
What game were you watching? The Flyers came out great, made a horrible mistake resulting in the first goal, and were dominated from the middle of the first through the second. They completely outplayed Buffalo in the 3rd, and nearly won it twice in OT. That was about as close a playoff game as I've seen recently, in terms of give-and-take through the 4+ periods.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:05 PM
  #13
MLH
Registered User
 
MLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
What game were you watching? The Flyers came out great, made a horrible mistake resulting in the first goal, and were dominated from the middle of the first through the second. They completely outplayed Buffalo in the 3rd, and nearly won it twice in OT. That was about as close a playoff game as I've seen recently, in terms of give-and-take through the 4+ periods.
I was watching the game where the Sabres outshot Philly 58-32. I was watching the game where the Sabres outhit the Flyers 43-27. I was watching the game where the Sabres won 57% of the faceoffs. I was watching the game where the Flyers mustered there first shot 8:52 seconds into the game, their first shot of the 2nd 8:20 in, and their first shot of the 3rd 12:54 in. Very impressive that Philly can "completely outplay" a team in a period that they go 13 minutes without sustaining any semblance of pressure against. I watched a game where a goalie stood on his head and still lost to a faster, more physical team.

What game did you watch?

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:32 PM
  #15
CapsChemist
Registered User
 
CapsChemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: State College
Country: United States
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Tommorow, tommorow...

CapsChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:35 PM
  #16
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH
I was watching the game where the Sabres outshot Philly 58-32. I was watching the game where the Sabres outhit the Flyers 43-27. I was watching the game where the Sabres won 57% of the faceoffs. I was watching the game where the Flyers mustered there first shot 8:52 seconds into the game, their first shot of the 2nd 8:20 in, and their first shot of the 3rd 12:54 in. Very impressive that Philly can "completely outplay" a team in a period that they go 13 minutes without sustaining any semblance of pressure against. I watched a game where a goalie stood on his head and still lost to a faster, more physical team.

What game did you watch?
Yet you needed double OT to win. What happens when Philly actually shows up for a game?

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:35 PM
  #17
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets
I have to disagree here. Stats tell only part of the story. That game could easily have ended 2-1 or 3-1 Flyers. They battled tremendously, but the shots were off-target all night. I don't know how someone can claim a team won in "pretty dominating fashion" when it went to 2 OTs.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:49 PM
  #18
MLH
Registered User
 
MLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk
Yet you needed double OT to win. What happens when Philly actually shows up for a game?
What happens if Esche decides to not play like Hasek in his prime? The Sabres just need to play the way they did in game 1 and they'll have a nice rest going into round 2.

That said, I expect Buffalo to struggle in game 2 or 3.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 01:15 AM
  #20
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,708
vCash: 50
are Sabre fans really that bored on their own boards where they have to come over to the Flyers board and boast, brag and run their mouths. Fine you won one game. congrats. its a best of seven not a best of one.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 09:54 AM
  #21
GBF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I have to disagree here. Stats tell only part of the story. That game could easily have ended 2-1 or 3-1 Flyers. They battled tremendously, but the shots were off-target all night. I don't know how someone can claim a team won in "pretty dominating fashion" when it went to 2 OTs.

2-1 0r 3-1? Philly fans think it's okay to expect a .974 save percentage from their goalie? which is what 1 goal allowed in regulation would have turned out to be. YOu have some serious problems on D there man.

GBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 09:56 AM
  #22
GBF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
are Sabre fans really that bored on their own boards where they have to come over to the Flyers board and boast, brag and run their mouths. Fine you won one game. congrats. its a best of seven not a best of one.

I was looking on one Philly board where there was a 3 page thread with posters agreeing that Umberger wasn't knocked out, just had the wind knocked out of him. This one where you are already talking about your second round opponent. Sometimes you have to be put in your place. .974 sv% ?

GBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 10:07 AM
  #23
Cmoneyflyguy
Registered User
 
Cmoneyflyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wayne, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Did you watch the game with 2 fluke goals by the Sabres, one as a result of a blatant hook?

Anyway, enjoy your overcconfidence.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 10:14 AM
  #24
GBF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy
Did you watch the game with 2 fluke goals by the Sabres, one as a result of a blatant hook?

Anyway, enjoy your overcconfidence.

Not overconfident at all. But dude, a hook has to be applied to a players body to be called. Hooking a stick is not a hook.

Connolly's goal was a fluke? Connolly's goal was the result of a terrible giveaway, which he took advantage of. Lydman had a similarly terrible giveaway which Philly did not take advantage of. That's not something i would be trying to pull confidence from if i was a Philly fan.

GBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 05:17 PM
  #25
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBF
2-1 0r 3-1? Philly fans think it's okay to expect a .974 save percentage from their goalie? which is what 1 goal allowed in regulation would have turned out to be. YOu have some serious problems on D there man.
Nice straw man. Build it yourself? I never claimed to expect a .974 save percentage from Esche in every game. I merely stated that the Flyers could have won in regulation, and that they probably would have if they hadn't committed an atrocious turnover resulting in the first goal.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.