HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whats wrong with Saku???

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2006, 11:56 AM
CalHabFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
are u serious?

u gotta win round 1 to play in round 2
So far, this so called strategy is working...
This way we'll have a better and faster Koivu in the 2nd round.

Old
04-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Phailak

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
are u serious?

u gotta win round 1 to play in round 2
Unfortunately I am, I'm huge Koivu fan but we have to be realistic, he's injury prone, he's played in the olympics, has been playing hard since the olympic break (despite what some people say, Higgins did not score 16 goals by himself) to make it to the playoffs and considering his past playoffs performances where he left his body out there every shift, it's not unrealistic that he was told to try and conserve some energy for future rounds especially if others are picking up the slack. They might of asked him to not go too much in the corners (someone previously mentionned to let Higgins do that) and not deliver too many bodychecks like we've seen from him before. Problem is this a big part of Koivu's game so he might not look as intense. We had no need for him in game 1, which is good and his line did deliver in overtime, maybe that's as much as we need from him for now. Maybe I'm thinking too much ahead, it's just an impression...

Old
04-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Capitano

Guys, I don't think it's realistic to think Koivu is conserving energy. We're the 7th ranked team not the 2nd lol...

Cap

Old
04-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Namso

I'm sorry but telling ur captain to not go all out in the 1st round when ur the 7th seed facing a team that beat u 4 times by 25-9 sounds really really absurd.

Old
04-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
I'm sorry but telling ur captain to not go all out in the 1st round when ur the 7th seed facing a team that beat u 4 times by 25-9 sounds really really absurd.
Agreed.

I DO think something is wrong with Saku though. He is not himself. Saku is a competitor and right now he just looks terrible out there.

Maybe Brind'Amour is too much for him defensively? I dunno. All I do know is that Saku is not himself. I still think he's playing injured and I think he hurt his shoulder in game 1. I saw a replay of a hit he tried to make in game 1 - his opponent eluded his check and Saku went pretty hard into the boards with his arm in an awkward position. Saku has barely shot the puck at all. His passes have been so tight.

It's just a theory from me, but Saku just doesn't look like Saku to me.

Cap

Old
04-25-2006, 01:46 PM
rtxHABSFAN

I think maybe Saku is not showing the same type of energy because he is missing playing against Big Joe. Our last two playoffs round 1, Saku & Co. were seen as smurfs/midgets vs. the big bad bruins Joe & Co. Saku always got something to prove and he was able to stick it to Thornton's face and always get the last laugh!!! To me it seems he is to able to step up during some the tough hard hitting and checking games...

Maybe we should put Zednik back with Koivu line?? but maybe we don't want to change lineup when we are winning??

Old
04-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Guys,

I'm not sure some of you saying

"He's been terrible out there"

is really not fair.

He hasn't been terrible.....he hasn't been great.

The team is up 2-0, Koivu has been just good enough, hasn't blown anything, hasn't got caught with a dumb penalty and is doing good in the faceoff circle.

Plus he set up the winner.

I also think he has been a little slow, but to say he it terrible is just ridiculous.

Old
04-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Joe Cole

I wouldn't qualify these last two games as Koivu's best.

If he is playing healthy....he has to pick up his game.

Closed Thread