HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

umberger OK

Old
04-23-2006, 08:56 AM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
umberger OK

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sp...ey/14409308.htm

"Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock said Umberger was "good to go" for Game 2. Will his team be the same?"

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovercraft
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sp...ey/14409308.htm

"Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock said Umberger was "good to go" for Game 2. Will his team be the same?"
haha, are you serious? Haven't we seen this before with Lindros/Primeau? He's obviously got a concussion, let him sit

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Lupul*

Holy crap. How is he even still alive after that hit?

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Flyerzz97

They showed him in the locker room and he was jovial and had a smile on his face. Seems OK to me. How great would it be if he scores a goal on Monday.

Flyerzz97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Blackjack

Wow, I am very impressed with Umberger. As a hockey fan, I love to see huge hits, but I was really concerned when the camera zoomed in on his face. It's good to hear that he's ok.

GL the rest of the way guys.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 09:55 AM
joshjull

Good to see he is OK. If they don't think he has a concussion good. I've had four and felt horrible seeing him with that look on his face.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:00 AM
DutchShamrock

It seems way too early to declare him fit to play. Could just be another mix up between Hitch and the training staff. What's the worst that can happen if he comes back too soon, just ruin the career of a very promising rookie.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:31 AM
pitthockey81

If he plays in game two your franchise is making a huge mistake. Then again look how they handled Lindros and all his concussions. Just slap a bandaid on him and he'll be ok.

Ive had some nasty concussions, and appearences from the outside can be deceiving. As a player you almost try and hide it, because you want to play again, and don't want anyone seeing how **** up u are. But hey, if you want to potentially ruin the career of one of your bright young stars, by all means put em out there in game 2.

pitthockey81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:39 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitthockey81
If he plays in game two your franchise is making a huge mistake. Then again look how they handled Lindros and all his concussions. Just slap a bandaid on him and he'll be ok.

Ive had some nasty concussions, and appearences from the outside can be deceiving. As a player you almost try and hide it, because you want to play again, and don't want anyone seeing how **** up u are. But hey, if you want to potentially ruin the career of one of your bright young stars, by all means put em out there in game 2.
But if hes healthy and can play why sit him? If he did not get a concussion then hes good to go. I dont see the harm. Why sit when you are 100%.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 10:57 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull
Good to see he is OK. If they don't think he has a concussion good. I've had four and felt horrible seeing him with that look on his face.
Yeah, I think he was hanging out with Michael Jackson after that hit, 'cause he was definetly in Neverland...

Hope that he's ok, but I gotta agree, at least wait a day or two to decide if he'll be fit for game 2.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
Just want to say it sucks that he got injured and glad it looks like he will be allright... but the leauge should intervene if they try to clear Umberger for play.... The guy obviously had a concussion just looking at him... you have to let him sit for a while.

Lecavilier_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Superman33

I love how everyone on here is a doctor now and can tell if he can/ can't play just by looking at how he felt right after the hit and in the lockerroom.

If the flyers training staff says he can play then he can play. If he refuses to get tested for the concussion then it is his own fault if he gets hurt even worse. JR played almost the entire 03-04 playoffs with one but they couldn't kept him out because he wouldn't be tested.

I will trust the doctors on this one. I am sure things could change between last night and tomorrow night and he could not be playing. If he does, he is one tough dude.

Superman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 11:38 AM
phlacheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman33
If he does, he is one tough dude.

A BEAST in my books!!! that is if he does play tomorrow night

phlacheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Kardi

i hope those Sabres are ready for a war now

Kardi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 11:43 AM
PoutinePourMoi

If he comes back in game 2 I will be shocked. That hit turned him into applesauce. It was ridiculous. He looked like he forgot how to cry among other things. When I saw it originally it looked bad, and I had a feeling they were going to show it over and over "NFL Injury" style. They did, and it looked worse everytime. If he comes back for game 2 he is a trooper. Kick some *** Umberger.

PoutinePourMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:01 PM
pitthockey81

are you serious???? Am I the only one who saw the glazed look on his face. Not to mention he couldn't even walk. I'm no neuroscientist , but he was concussed, and even if it was just a "minor" concussion no responsible doctor would clear him to return for at least a couple days if not more. If he plays game 2 it has nothing to do with toughness, it would just be sheer stupidity.

see: Second Impact Syndrome

pitthockey81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:02 PM
goodrev

just think if primeau returned that could have been him... then his career would be over, glad to hear RJ is ok and hopefully we dont lose him for the playoffs with PCS

goodrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:06 PM
1datsyuk3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardi
i hope those Sabres are ready for a war now
lol sabres were ready for a war last night...

that hit was crazy...

1datsyuk3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:08 PM
sansan

Quote:
are you serious???? Am I the only one who saw the glazed look on his face. Not to mention he couldn't even walk. I'm no neuroscientist , but he was concussed, and even if it was just a "minor" concussion no responsible doctor would clear him to return for at least a couple days if not more. If he plays game 2 it has nothing to do with toughness, it would just be sheer stupidity.

He was laughing and talking with the media after the game.

sansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Jester

Quote:

getting knocked silly doesn't not equate to having a concussion... if he passes the baseline tests, which i'm sure they've given him or will be giving him, and shows no other signs of effect... then they'll put him in.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:22 PM
AGalchenyuk27

He's a MONSTER! Double Umberger!

AGalchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Wow Umberger got Hammered! It makes me mad that it was a clean hit and a cant complain too Great hit by Cambell I think it was? Its great to hear the R.J is ok. He is one tough camper.

Yertle The Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Steve L*

Thats amazing although typical of the Flyers training staff. I hope hes not taking any stupid risks.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:35 PM
bungle
Casual Observer

He was definitely knocked out but that doesn't mean he has a concussion. You can get a concussion without being knocked out and vice versa.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Didn't he also say that Primeau would only miss one game.....ya, good call Hitch. I wouldn't put RJ in there unless I was absolutely sure, I wouldn't risk it........if they do, they're so dumb, health before hockey, IMO.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote