HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec Is MOst Ready Prospect!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2003, 05:10 AM
  #1
Habs4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal, (Quebec)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Plekanec Is MOst Ready Prospect!!

I keep seeing Higgins, Perezhogin, Komisarek mentioned so many times but fact is Plekanec has improved lot more then any of our prospects in fact he has been progressing ever since we drafted him, and pretty much made the big club this year, Actually Management are likely thinking when to get him into big club as it looks he's ready to make the big club right now, I'm not saying he's first liner but he deserves a spot in big club now how he gets it is upto to BG, I know BG wants to get bigger but Plekanec has talent, and drive to play game, very similar to Ryder!!

Habs4ever is offline  
Old
11-01-2003, 05:15 AM
  #2
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,281
vCash: 500
Plekanec play at the training camp was great , i doubt he make it as a top 6 foward but he'll play on the lower line and then see more ice time if he deserve it . Could be a decent 2nd line center one day .

Team_Spirit is online now  
Old
11-01-2003, 07:51 AM
  #3
Histrion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Fortified City
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
It's normal that Plekanec isn't mentionned as often; he's got less potential, people want to focus on player that can eventually make a bigger impact than Pleks, even though he's not too shabby.

Histrion is offline  
Old
11-01-2003, 08:05 AM
  #4
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Everyone talked about Kommy and Hainsey last year too and look at Ward and Ryder, they were the forgotten guys and play a regular shift in the NHL and Hainsey and Kommy have yet to make it fulltime. Sometimes the prospect with the least amount of expectations and pressure develop faster and make it earlier.

Plekanec is probably that man this year with the Higgins, Komisarek and Perezoghin talk over shadowing his play.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
11-01-2003, 08:19 AM
  #5
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
first time ever "Big Club" makes it into a post 4 times.

Unbiased Canadian

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
11-01-2003, 10:15 AM
  #6
Wildbeliefs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Everyone talked about Kommy and Hainsey last year too and look at Ward and Ryder, they were the forgotten guys and play a regular shift in the NHL and Hainsey and Kommy have yet to make it fulltime. Sometimes the prospect with the least amount of expectations and pressure develop faster and make it earlier.
...

I don't know how much of a valid comparison you can make between kommy/hainsey and ward/ryder, since the Habs seem to have a lot of defensemen and a lack of forwards. It could just be that there's a greater need for solid forwards, hence why two guys that can dish out checks and drive to the net are playing regularly.

Last season, Komisarek showed that he can perform well, and Hainsey isn't doing too shabby this year either. IMO, if some roster spots open up, they'll both have reg. shifts too. Hopefully Kommy will get the nod over Dykhuis if someone has to be called up, though... <shudder at the thought of having Dykhuis back...>

Wildbeliefs is offline  
Old
11-01-2003, 03:01 PM
  #7
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
I don't know how much of a valid comparison you can make between kommy/hainsey and ward/ryder, since the Habs seem to have a lot of defensemen and a lack of forwards. It could just be that there's a greater need for solid forwards, hence why two guys that can dish out checks and drive to the net are playing regularly.

Last season, Komisarek showed that he can perform well, and Hainsey isn't doing too shabby this year either. IMO, if some roster spots open up, they'll both have reg. shifts too. Hopefully Kommy will get the nod over Dykhuis if someone has to be called up, though... <shudder at the thought of having Dykhuis back...>
Your not getting what I'm saying though, I'm trying to say that the later round picks are developing well and making a faster impact because there is less pressure and not so many demands of being the "one" like the early 1st rounders.

I know we are deep at D and hafve a lot of bodies but Komisarek was guaranteed a spot on the Habs this season by Gainey, but played his way off of it and Hainsey was told he had to work to make the team this year and he did, but because of extra bodies he is not a everyday player yet...although he should be because the Habs play better with him in the line-up.

If a centre in Montreal can be moved it will be Plekanec coming up and not Higgins, Pleks is clearly ready and showing that in a bigger role offensively in Steeltown this year. That looks very"Ryder" like...keep up the good work.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
11-02-2003, 07:35 AM
  #8
Histrion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Fortified City
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
As I said several time, he is the CZE version of Stanislav Chistov and was a pure steal in the third round!
Oh, come on already! It's stupid comments like this that makes us, Habs fans, looks like total morons. Chistov got way more puck skills than Tomas Plekanec, it's god damn obvious. Plekanec's got some good skills, but there's no way his potential is anywhere near Chistov's.

Histrion is offline  
Old
11-02-2003, 07:43 AM
  #9
habsfansam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere dark...?
Country: United Nations
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
Oh, come on already! It's stupid comments like this that makes us, Habs fans, looks like total morons. Chistov got way more puck skills than Tomas Plekanec, it's god damn obvious. Plekanec's got some good skills, but there's no way his potential is anywhere near Chistov's.
when chistov's skills turn into points, then rave about how plekanec is nowhere near chistov's skill... YES, chistov is great, but natural skill versus a guy who has to work and knows it: who wins?? I'd bet my money on the guy who has to work his butt off and i'd be right 9 times out of 10. Plekanec isn't devoid of skill, but he is also on a mission... nobody is going to "gift" him icetime with Federov to see if that is the key to turning him into a real threat.

In five years get back to us on how much better chistov is than plekanec... until then, we'll just have to wait to see.

GO HABS

habsfansam is offline  
Old
11-02-2003, 07:47 AM
  #10
Histrion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Fortified City
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
I guess you didn't understand: Plekanec CAN'T be a Czech version of Chistov since he doesn't have the same skills nor does he have the same style of play. The analogy was horrible, and that's what needed to be pointed out.

Do I think Plekanec will be as good a player as Chistov? I sure don't, but there's a random possibility that it could happen... but that would be MAJOR luck.

Histrion is offline  
Old
11-02-2003, 07:49 AM
  #11
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
Oh, come on already! It's stupid comments like this that makes us, Habs fans, looks like total morons. Chistov got way more puck skills than Tomas Plekanec, it's god damn obvious. Plekanec's got some good skills, but there's no way his potential is anywhere near Chistov's.
So what , their style is similar ... he dind't say that their have the same Potential he just say he's a CZE version of Chistov . This comment commets are agressive & useless and havo no place on this board .

Anyways you should know that Plekanec the poster is a bit .. eh .. radical :p

Team_Spirit is online now  
Old
11-02-2003, 07:56 AM
  #12
Histrion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Fortified City
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
So what , their style is similar ... he dind't say that their have the same Potential he just say he's a CZE version of Chistov . This comment commets are agressive & useless and havo no place on this board .

Anyways you should know that Plekanec the poster is a bit .. eh .. radical :p
Yeah, I might have been a bit too harsh, but this poster has been annoying the hell out of me for months with his comments, so sometime I can really lose my patience... I wouldn't say that Plekanec and Chistov style of play are the same, while Plekanec rely a lot on hardwork and effort, Chistov rely on puck skills and speed.

Even though Chistov isn't producing as of right now, he's got the skills to dominate a hockey game and take it over. Will he ever do it? Well, that's a whole other question. If Chistov live up to the hype, their will be no way we can compare the two player, both in impact and style, but if Chistov don't... we'll see.

Histrion is offline  
Old
11-02-2003, 08:34 AM
  #13
Wildbeliefs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Your not getting what I'm saying though, I'm trying to say that the later round picks are developing well and making a faster impact because there is less pressure and not so many demands of being the "one" like the early 1st rounders.
I don't have a problem with your point; actually, it makes perfectly sound sense. I just thought comparing Ryder and Ward to Komisarek and Hainsey wasn't that accurate because IMO their situations are different. Yes, some of the reason why W&R are playing and K&H are not can be attributed to pressure, but I don't think that's the only reason.

Anyhoo, as I said, I do agree with the notion of later picks having less pressure and therefore performing better (most of the time)... no argument there.

Quote:
If a centre in Montreal can be moved it will be Plekanec coming up and not Higgins, Pleks is clearly ready and showing that in a bigger role offensively in Steeltown this year. That looks very"Ryder" like...keep up the good work.
I'll really have to take your word on this, because I have never seen Pleks play and don't know what he brings. Overshadowed or not though, the more rookies that come up to replace the underachieving vets, the happier I am... so, I hope Pleks, Komi and Higgins all make it up this season. Wishfull thinking, I know...

Wildbeliefs is offline  
Old
11-02-2003, 09:16 AM
  #14
Gwi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: mtl, where else?
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
That's where you are wrong... Plekanec rely on great speed, quickness and puck skills too!

In fact, his speed and stickhandling are his 2 main assets!

Plecks, wasen't the post before that you last post?

Gwi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.