HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Broadcasts: CBC or RDS?

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2006, 04:29 AM
Rayne*

vCash: 500
CBC, because I don't have RDS.

Old
04-25-2006, 06:41 AM
habs_24x

RDS for me.
last night, i tuned in to CBC for the 2nd period and the Canes scored so i went back to RDS... WE WON!!

Old
04-25-2006, 06:49 AM
EagleBelfour

I need my '' ma parole!'' at every game, so I stick with RDS.

Old
04-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I hate cbc ...
but I watch the game on CBC .. because I have HDTV and I dare anybody to come and watch the game on CBC and try to switch to RDS after .. I know I tried yesterday when the broadcaster Harry Neale(sp?) was whining as usual....
If RDS had HD I would always watch them, but to me amazing images>bad broadcaster

Old
04-25-2006, 07:11 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
RDS so far, but I may switch to CBC for the game Wednesday. I need to hear that Bell Centre crowd.

Old
04-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Iz

I don't know what is going with the sound on RDS. It's like in a can. And the video is not that great too. So CBC for me, but I don't like the commentators.

Old
04-25-2006, 07:41 AM
mcphee

I've been watching on CBC because I can watch independant of the sat. dish, sort of a family compromise. I enjoy RDS for the most part, though I've found Hughson to be excellent. He has the knack of commenting while doing play by play without losing anything. Neale was better this time I guess, I don't believe he's anti-anything, I just find that he seems tired and un-energetic. I switched to RDS about 30 seconds after the ot goal and the difference in the animation of the analysts voices was kind of amusing. If I was alone in the house,I'd take RDS.

I find it odd listening in English now, it seems like so long ago.

Old
04-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchHabs
Hey guys,

I was wondering what are the best broadcasts of Habs games? Language is not an issue for me, so I'm more talking about broadcasters, quality of comments during the game, realisation...

If language was not an issue, on which channel would you watch the games?

Thanks, I'm just curious about that
Frankly, CBC announcers really suck..... they seem to want to be anywere but in front of a Habs game. I would bring more pation by describing a Carolina-Columbus game.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:07 AM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I've been watching on CBC because I can watch independant of the sat. dish, sort of a family compromise. I enjoy RDS for the most part, though I've found Hughson to be excellent. He has the knack of commenting while doing play by play without losing anything. Neale was better this time I guess, I don't believe he's anti-anything, I just find that he seems tired and un-energetic. I switched to RDS about 30 seconds after the ot goal and the difference in the animation of the analysts voices was kind of amusing. If I was alone in the house,I'd take RDS.

I find it odd listening in English now, it seems like so long ago.
I think the Habs got CBC's best duo in Hughson and Neale. I've never found Neale to be anti-anything for as many years as I've watched him. He certainly seems pro-Leafs at times, but whatever. I think the persecution complex gets to quite a few people here unforunately. The thing I always liked about Neale is that he calls it as he sees it and is sometimes funny in doing so - "Boy the Hartford Whalers just stink" being one example from a Habs/Whalers game many moons ago. I do agree he seems a lot more tired though. I guess the years have caught up to him.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Habsaku

Any sports event that has Cuthbert or Hughson I will listen to. They are the best in the business. I can stand Neale more then I can stand Pednault as well. Pedneault I always hoped he would be cast aside, but I dont see that happening. I dont get why RDS keeps going to the worst possible analyst. Shouldnt they have commentators who are enjoyable to listen? Pedneault with his comments and his voice is the most irratating guy you can find.

Closed Thread