HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To those complaining about our goalie

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Suiteness

vCash: 500
To those complaining about our goalie

Have you guys seen what the hell is going on around the league? Theodore is a sieve, Turco is worst. Gerber makes a living on his knees and letís in a goal every three shots. Huet is a complete stiff. Legace looks lost, etc.

The point is that our goaltending is more than fine. Itís not worst than much but itís better than most. Unless youíre playing New Jersey, itís the skaters who are gonna be making the difference.

Old
04-25-2006, 06:55 AM
jaems

Well to be fair, Theodore wasn't really a sieve. The majority of goals in game two were lucky bounces. Gerber is recovering from a stomach virus (though he supposedly was fully ready for game two). Huet stole game one, while game two had some fairly nice passing plays that resulted in great chances for the Canes.

But I agree with your main point. I definitely would rather have Emery over a handful of other goaltenders in the playoffs right now. Furthermore, as a lot of people have already mentioned, it's pretty much a situation where the forwards and defense are underperforming, as opposed to a lack of confidence in the goalie.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Brandi

If Emery can steal 1 game in this round, and I mean steal.. Then he's going to be so confident and that'll help his game. Right now, he's playing fine, but for his own sake and the teams, I'd love to see him Razar sharp

Old
04-25-2006, 10:31 AM
bert

Switch the tenders in the habs series and Carolina is up 2-0. Not because Huet has been ridiculously good or anything its just that Carolina's goaltending has been borderline pathetic.

Emery shouldnt have to steal a game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He has been more then adequate, its been the play of his piers that has us tied at 1-1.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Redden Punches Faces*

Could Emery have made another save or two the other night? Sure I guess, but the reason this series is tied and everyone is panicking is NOT Ray's game.

Closed Thread