HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Perezhogin

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
Perezhogin

Am I the only one who's noticed he gave out some real big hits the last two games?

Old
04-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Am I the only one who's noticed he gave out some real big hits the last two games?
Another one who was beginning to be on my black list but he seems to understand the importance of those games and did battled hard so far.

Go Perez Go!

Old
04-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Ive noticed it too. I mean doesn't throw punishing checks, but hes very effective. He creates turnovers, and puts pressure on the opposing D. Im starting to like what im seeing from Perezhogin, and im far from giving up on this kid. I think hes gona take time, but in the end he will put it all together imo.

Old
04-25-2006, 09:34 AM
mcphee

He's been a real hound after the puck. Couldn't criticize a thing. The wole line has been key, providing the energy you normally expect from a guy like Begin.

Old
04-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Habsaku

And that deke before the great Ward save. He's been showing some real promise. Dont want to say I told you so but Just kidding of course, I'm very high on Perezhogin thats all.

Old
04-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Gros Bill

He made a very nice play stealing the puck on the Zednik goal. Major-league play.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:05 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

My favorite play was a shifty behind the back pass when he was behind the canes net. I think it was in the 1st. He's had his moments and overall his play seems to have picked up towards the end of the season. I thought for sure he had one last night with the open net.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Teufelsdreck

Perezhogin has been coming around, no doubt. He was not effective while playing with Ribeiro and Kovalev but he's in his element on a speedy line. In years to come he could move up to a higher line.

Old
04-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
My favorite play was a shifty behind the back pass when he was behind the canes net. I think it was in the 1st. He's had his moments and overall his play seems to have picked up towards the end of the season. I thought for sure he had one last night with the open net.
yeah that passwas great, and it almost worked!
i noticed he is laying hits too, good job for him! that line is starting to click pretty well actually

Old
04-25-2006, 10:34 AM
hab

VERY surprising, I thought prez and pleky would be useless against carolinas physical play, but the way those three pinned down the canes in there own zone was totally unexpected

Old
04-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Brett38

I think he's doing great. That line is flying and their leader, Kovalev, is showing his playoff form. Perezhogin looks like he could be here to stay. Even Zednik is impressing me. Komisarek is hitting everything, but has coughed up the puck a few times.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Habruti!

How about Perezhogin's play lately...

HE seemes to be getting arround the corner finally. He as been playing great since the last few games this year. Yesterday I thought that Zednik, Pleks and Perezhogin was our best line.

He took a bad penalty but after seeing the replay, I would admit that the call was kind of far fetch.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
You all know how I feel

Old
04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
larue*

Awesome stick check on Zeds goal. The only bad thing I have noticed is he seems to fall alot. Not too sure why but it is just something Ive noticed.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=245763

Old
04-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Ya I thought he had one there aswell. Pleks put his arms up like he knew it was going in.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:23 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
I don't think it's that mcuh surprising. I knew he would have great playoffs. With the way he was playing the last 5 games in the regular season and with Kovalev as his mentor, he was bound to be good.

Let's keep up the good work Perez!!

Old
04-25-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue
Awesome stick check on Zeds goal. The only bad thing I have noticed is he seems to fall alot. Not too sure why but it is just something Ive noticed.
Well he dished out a few hits and also took some lst night...

I love his forechecking ability, he missed a wide open cage last night, I thought he had a goal for sure...

i'm just happy we have some line chemistry right now.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:27 AM

In any case...I think the play of

Perezhogin
Plekanec
Higgins
Komisarek
Murray

Is very encouraging signs for the future, these 5 players will be that much more battle tested next year and for years to come.

Establishing an expectation of winning right off the bat for these guys is huge, this season is a huge success IMO, at least in terms of development.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
In any case...I think the play of

Perezhogin
Plekanec
Higgins
Komisarek
Murray

Is very encouraging signs for the future, these 5 players will be that much more battle tested next year and for years to come.

Establishing an expectation of winning right off the bat for these guys is huge, this season is a huge success IMO, at least in terms of development.
Excellent point. People tend to forget how young this team actually is. You can't teach playoff experience and they are getting a great fill so far. And not only are they playing but they are key factors in the team's success.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:32 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
HE seemes to be getting arround the corner finally. He as been playing great since the last few games this year. Yesterday I thought that Zednik, Pleks and Perezhogin was our best line.

He took a bad penalty but after seeing the replay, I would admit that the call was kind of far fetch.
They are nice to throw out there to change the big mo as they keep the D honest with their speed. They will be great in overtime and in the later stages of a series when players are tired and the Habs are rolling 3 lines

Old
04-25-2006, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Excellent point. People tend to forget how young this team actually is. You can't teach playoff experience and they are getting a great fill so far. And not only are they playing but they are key factors in the team's success.
Exactly...it'll payoff big time.

Same goes for guys like Ryder and Ribeiro, both of them are relatively young, but both have taken part in back to back playoff runs...

Old
04-25-2006, 11:34 AM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

Yeah I haven't been high on Komisarek or Perezhogin all season but they've both looked real good so far in this series.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

vCash: 250
I thought he played well all game as did his line. He was back checking as well as finishing checks. That penalty was a little weak but they've been calling that kind of stuff all along, so I can live with that call. He looks like he might be getting comfortable and gaining some confidence playing on that line ,so I hope he stays right where he is . Because that line has played well the last 2 games

Old
04-25-2006, 04:37 PM
BORAT

Perezhogin has been terrifying to play against so far

Not only does he seem to mesh extrmely well with Plekanec, but he's feeding Zednik, and Zed can't get enough of it !!!

Talk about great lines ...

Ryder Koivu Higgins
Bulis Ribs Kovy

and then instead of a checking line you have another whammo ! with Pleks , Zed and Zhogy !

and of course to finish you off nothing like BOnk Murray and Sundstrom !

and oh wait ... here comes Begin

Closed Thread