HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So much for Primeau

Old
04-25-2006, 04:40 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

vCash: 500
So much for Primeau

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2583.asp

Hitchcock: Primeau Will Not Play in Game Three

Flyers head coach updates injured center’s status

Voorhees, NJ – Flyers Head Coach Ken Hitchcock ruled out the possibility of Keith Primeau returning for Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Buffalo Sabres.

Primeau met with a doctor on Tuesday morning in Philadelphia.

Hitchcock gave the following report to the media that gathered after an afternoon practice at the Sovereign Bank Flyers Skate Zone:

“Keith is not playing [Wednesday]. We’ll get you guys a good update [Wednesday] on just how his status is going so we don’t have it swirling around us right now. He’s trying to play, but he’s certainly not going to play tomorrow,” said Hitchcock.

“My whole focus with Keith is Keith the person. That’s the relationship we’ve had for two years now, and I am not putting him any place in harm’s way. That’s why he’s not playing tomorrow. We can give a really accurate update in the next 24 hours. I don’t want to start this merry-go-round process with him.

“The thing that has fueled it here and festered a little bit is because he’s participating with us and he’s trying to see where he’s at. Everything has kind of escalated to where it’s ‘Is he going to play, or is he not going to play?’ It’s going to create a distraction for himself and for us. We have to make sure we get you guys the proper information for tomorrow.

“He’s a man trying to play hockey. He’s a man trying to help our hockey club. I admire that so much, what he’s trying to do, but we have to make sure that there’s long-term health here, too.”

Flyers Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coach Jim McCrossin said the following:

“He’s been trying to play since he’s been skating. To say that he’s going to play soon, I wish I could tell you that, but nobody could tell you that. Even Keith couldn’t tell you that. Yesterday he skated and banged a little bit and had a little bit of a headache. It puts him back a little bit.”

...i have nothing to say...

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 04:51 PM
The Sanchise

Sorry to hear. As a Niagara Falls, Ontario native I have nothing but the upmost respect for the Primeau's and Keith especially. Go THUNDER!!

I wouldn't mind seeing Primeau against Buffalo this year

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 05:07 PM
crackerzack

Flyers win game 3 on Forsberg's shoulders and Primeau comes back for game 4. You heard it here first.

crackerzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 05:11 PM
chthonic

DNL just said primeau was banging around in practice but still has symptoms and headaches. no way he's coming back at all then. bummer.

chthonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 05:31 PM
May Day 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1
Sorry to hear. As a Niagara Falls, Ontario native I have nothing but the upmost respect for the Primeau's and Keith especially. Go THUNDER!!

I wouldn't mind seeing Primeau against Buffalo this year
go thunder go
Didnt they have a team with Primeau, Brad May, Paul Laus, and Dennis Vial, and a few other tough players too.

May Day 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 05:35 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was fairly clear he wasn't coming back. I hope no one got dissapointed because wishful thinking seemed as if it was going to be granted

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 05:39 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was fairly clear he wasn't coming back. I hope no one got dissapointed because wishful thinking seemed as if it was going to be granted
it was wishful thinking...but i think i need about every ounce of hope right now for me to really stay positive

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 06:22 PM
The Sanchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Day 10
go thunder go
Didnt they have a team with Primeau, Brad May, Paul Laus, and Dennis Vial, and a few other tough players too.
You be your ***, but do you know who was the goalie. An amazing Nhl goalie right now.

Yes it is Manny the peg leg legace

The Sanchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
FlyersFanJS

i think if he didn't have a headache then he might have played, but we'll never know for sure....unfortunately it definately took some wind out of my sails...but even so, this series is not over

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Lupul*

I am a bit disappointed...

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote