HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

New NHL good for everyone but the Flyers???

Old
04-25-2006, 11:10 AM
toeknee24

vCash: 500
New NHL good for everyone but the Flyers???

Why is it that most other teams that are in this year's playoffs are thriving in the new NHL but the Flyers are complaining about it?

Could it be that most GM's had the vision to build their teams to fit the new system & Clarke didn't?

Flyers fans really need to focus on their own management & players as the problem & not the refs.

I've been at both games so far & really the Sabres could have scored 8-10 goals in both games.

The Flyers cannot catch the Sabres at all so how can they be expected to use their strength on them?

Real classy move by Hitch in the press conference as well, if that were Lindy swearing like that I'd be ashamed.

Here's to 2 good games in Philly.

toeknee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 11:21 AM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeknee24
Why is it that most other teams that are in this year's playoffs are thriving in the new NHL but the Flyers are complaining about it?

Could it be that most GM's had the vision to build their teams to fit the new system & Clarke didn't?

Flyers fans really need to focus on their own management & players as the problem & not the refs.

I've been at both games so far & really the Sabres could have scored 8-10 goals in both games.

The Flyers cannot catch the Sabres at all so how can they be expected to use their strength on them?

Real classy move by Hitch in the press conference as well, if that were Lindy swearing like that I'd be ashamed.

Here's to 2 good games in Philly.
these are all good points except for on hitchcock...

-the sabres have more power plays because they are faster than us, and either we werent taught a style of defense that would work (hitch...) or they're simply not good enough and better personell should be brought in (clarke)

-even before the lockout this team has been a step behind, clarke still thinks its the 70's sometimes

-as for ken hitchcock...barry melrose said it best on sportscenter...he's trying to give the media something to talk about other than how badly they played...and nothing like a good old fashioned feud will get the home crowd into it for games 3 and 4...this series is far from over...

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 11:32 AM
BringBackStevens

blah blah blah

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Zobes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHomer DM03
these are all good points except for on hitchcock...

-the sabres have more power plays because they are faster than us, and either we werent taught a style of defense that would work (hitch...) or they're simply not good enough and better personell should be brought in (clarke)

-even before the lockout this team has been a step behind, clarke still thinks its the 70's sometimes

-as for ken hitchcock...barry melrose said it best on sportscenter...he's trying to give the media something to talk about other than how badly they played...and nothing like a good old fashioned feud will get the home crowd into it for games 3 and 4...this series is far from over...
The Bruins aren't built for the "new NHL" either and some of their fans have tended to complain that the league is too soft now and not tough like it used to be. I think that's just frustration. There is so much more skating and hitting now. Some of the hooking penalties called on both Buffalo and Philadelphia during this series have been ridiculous, but overall the quality of play has improved.

I'm not sure that Hitchcock's outburst was premeditated. He had just volunteered to take all the blame for the embarrassing loss, then he hears that the opposing coach called his players 'idiots.' Imagine if that happened to you at work . I think for his part, Ruff only said it because he was concerned that his guys would get hurt, and rightfully so.

Zobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 11:33 AM
toeknee24

I agree about the series being far from over.

I would have rather seen my coach call out my big name players in the media or bench someone one to send a message.

Hitch's tactic might work though, I understand he's trying to deflect the attention off his players & on to him but he's could be playing with fire cause the Sabres are going to use those comments as fuel as well.

Old
04-25-2006, 11:33 AM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHomer DM03

...and nothing like a good old fashioned feud will get the home crowd into it for games 3 and 4...this series is far from over...
Yeah, far from over but half way there.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 11:41 AM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Yeah, far from over but half way there.
If we can take it one game at a time, win Wednesday, set up a 2-1 series going into game 4 friday, and maybe tie it up, who knows...I'm not confident on any level, this team hasn't shown me anything, but its not over

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 03:13 PM
toeknee24

As a life long Sabres fan I in no way feel comfortable enough to say this series is over.

The Flyers have way to much talent to count them out.