HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Classic Games

Old
04-25-2006, 12:29 PM
NHLisLife

vCash: 500
Classic Games

Did anyone catch the Devils/Blackhawks 1988 game that Fox sports show last night befoer the game? Great memories of that one. The most shocking part was how much hair Lou had. The will be showing the Devils/Capitals game from 88 tomorrow. That's the game where P. Sundstrom score 8 points.

NHLisLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Drewr15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLisLife
Did anyone catch the Devils/Blackhawks 1988 game that Fox sports show last night befoer the game? Great memories of that one. The most shocking part was how much hair Lou had. The will be showing the Devils/Capitals game from 88 tomorrow. That's the game where P. Sundstrom score 8 points.
I was at the game - one of the most fun games I've ever been to. I forget what period it was in but Kevin Hatcher high sticks Dave Maley in the face and lays him out on the ice. Maley gets up while the play is stopped and just charges Hatcher and starts fighting him. Stevens jumps on Maley's back and Daneyko jumps on Stevens and its like "dog pile on the rabbit" from there. Great stuff.

Drewr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 01:35 PM
NHLisLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15
I was at the game - one of the most fun games I've ever been to. I forget what period it was in but Kevin Hatcher high sticks Dave Maley in the face and lays him out on the ice. Maley gets up while the play is stopped and just charges Hatcher and starts fighting him. Stevens jumps on Maley's back and Daneyko jumps on Stevens and its like "dog pile on the rabbit" from there. Great stuff.
It will be a trip to see the Devs playing agaist Stevens. Great memories. I'll have to pull out my Sundstrom jersey for this one.

NHLisLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 01:38 PM
David Puddy

Quote:
D'oh! You gave away the ending. I wanted to see if the Devils could become 1987-88 Patrick Division Playoff Champions.

David Puddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 03:50 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Lets not forget.

1989-1990 playoff, first round, vs. Washington.

Scott Stevens, Dale Hunter, Neil Sheehey beat the tar out of our forwards and our Russian Defenseman.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 01:13 AM
VIVASAINTMARTIN30

vCash:
Wow that is great. I live in Philly and have the NHL Package but can't get FSN NY without it. Wish I could get some of those classic games, especially Chicago and Wahsington 88 on tape/dvd. OLN will not show nothing on the Devils. It's Messier Raised 24/7.

Old
04-26-2006, 10:01 AM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Did anyone catch the Devils/Blackhawks 1988 game that Fox sports show last night befoer the game? Great memories of that one. The most shocking part was how much hair Lou had.
I had a lot more hair in '88 too.
<)-:**

Last edited by NJDevs430: 04-26-2006 at 12:16 PM.
NJDevs430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Captain Lou

Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
[QUOTE=NJDevs430]
Quote:
Did anyone catch the Devils/Blackhawks 1988 game that Fox sports show last night befoer the game? Great memories of that one. The most shocking part was how much hair Lou had.QUOTE]
I had a lot more hair in '88 too.
<)-:**
Not me, same amount!

Captain Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Patrik Sundstrom...my all-time favorite player. He was one of the best all-around forwards to ever wear the Christmas Tree. He had speed, could score, great defender. I know he had a bad knee that caused his retirement, but he went out so abruptly. He should be mentioned with the former Devil greats that helped build the club out of obscurity.
OK, so I'm a little biased.

Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 12:18 PM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
Not me, same amount!
Yeah...just wait, junior.
<(-:**

NJDevs430 is offline   Reply With Quote