HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Is Anybody Going to Step up these Playoffs?

Old
04-25-2006, 02:38 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Is Anybody Going to Step up these Playoffs?

Almost every team has the guy or guys who really turn their game up a notch and it is noticeable during the playoffs....where is our guy?

The only one i'd make a case for is Straka, always giving 110% out there...but he gives 110% during the season every shift so it's hard to really say he turned it up because hes always had that attitude.

Another player I could maybe make a case for is Hollweg, he playing a decent offensive game along with his griding, hard hitting game still.

I'm really disappointed in the defense as a whole, nobody back there is playing with any sort of aggression at all.

Someone has GOT to step up if this team wants to win this series. Lead by example.

1 Win tomorrow and we are back in it, Lets Go Rangers!

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Fletch

Straka giving 110%...

unfortunately doesn't always translate to points. The guy always tries hard. He gets to the puck and gets it back to the point. There's gotta be a complementary player on this team, other than Jagr, that can capitalize on that hustle (and skill).

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Balej20*

Betts, Hollweg, Ward was. All those guys have been playing real well.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 02:49 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

There are a few guys who I am looking to:
Sykora-Without Jagr, he is our best, experienced goal scorer. He has been in the playoffs and scored big goals both for the Devils and Ducks. He played well against the Devils during the season and we need him to fill the net.

Rucinsky-He was a point a game player during the season and also found ways to beat Brodeur during the season. He has been out, but he has skated so endurance won't be an issue. He really needs to step up and play Game 3 if at all possible.

Tyutin-I know it's a lot to ask from a rookie defenseman but our defensive corps. is so much more effective when he is on the very top of his game. I think back to the playoff clinching win over the Flyers and hope he can play on a similar level.

Straka-Love the guy. Plays 110% every game, every second. He needs to finish some chances though and score some points here with or without Jagr.

Lastly, and most importantly Lundqvist. He is our go to guy here. He has to stand on his head. I am certainly not blaming him for Game 1, nor do I think the goals were necessarily his fault. He has to steal games for us now. Make the impossible saves and get that Garden crowd behind him.

We can do it. Let's get at it and win tomorrow night!

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 02:49 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
unfortunately doesn't always translate to points. The guy always tries hard. He gets to the puck and gets it back to the point. There's gotta be a complementary player on this team, other than Jagr, that can capitalize on that hustle (and skill).
Yup, you can't really ask anymore then a player other then give it his all on every shift. He was rewarded with his hard work all season long playing with Jagr and racking up points, now like you said, someone else has got to help Straka. I'm hoping Sykora will be that guy.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Yup, you can't really ask anymore then a player other then give it his all on every shift. He was rewarded with his hard work all season long playing with Jagr and racking up points, now like you said, someone else has got to help Straka. I'm hoping Sykora will be that guy.
Sykora has to find his accuracy on the forehand. God knows he's one of the most accurate shooters on the back hand, but man, can you please hit the net with your wrister and slap shot atleast once?!

Old
04-25-2006, 02:52 PM
shoothepuck

It's funny that Straka and Hollweg seem to be the only ones giving the most. Other players just seem to be going through the motions. NY has many players without playoff experience, but other teams have many inexperienced guys also, and their players are playing well. Maybe being back in the Garden will wake them up, and a leader will emerge and get this team going again. Not much time for someone to step up, but it has to be done. Scoring first is a must.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
It's funny that Straka and Hollweg seem to be the only ones giving the most. Other players just seem to be going through the motions. NY has many players without playoff experience, but other teams have many inexperienced guys also, and their players are playing well. Maybe being back in the Garden will wake them up, and a leader will emerge and get this team going again. Not much time for someone to step up, but it has to be done. Scoring first is a must.
Honestly, I did not see a lack of effort in game 2. More like a faulty game plan when it came to the special teams.

5 on 5 we dominated almost every single shift. The puck was always down in Brodeur's end, we just could not finish...Story of the year I guess.

Old
04-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Mitchy

I think everyone on the team is waiting for someone to step up, maybe not naming a captain has caught up with the team. The Rangers seem to be waiting for something to happen, somehow, but it never does, and the end result is the same.

Every Ranger needs to be playing at 150% tomorrow, except for Ozolinsh who needs to be playing 300%, maybe more to make up for the F Up's he will have tomorrow night.

Mitchy is offline   Reply With Quote